Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product!!! My skin can get really dry, so when I went to visit my dermatologist, I asked what body lotion he recommended, and this is the one he said! It has worked really really well for me and my skin looks and feels MUCH better! I think it's a little pricy for a reg. lotion, but it's a lot better than the others out there! This really does keep you moisturized 24 hours a day!! I definitely think everyone should try this!

on 4/29/2005 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

while i can't stand this product, i've given it 5 lippies, because it is the product that made me realize that my skin hates glycerin!i tried this the first time in a friend's bathroom and my hands just LOVED it! they were so soft, i couldn't believe that this was a d/s lotion! so i bought the pump bottle of this stuff and after a week or so of using it exclusively as a body lotion/facial moisturizer, it started slacking. it wasn't absorbing into my skin--my skin had this film on the surface that wasn't quite "greasy", but wasn't "sticky" either, and under that, my skin felt drier than ever. AND if i applied more of this stuff, it would actually sort of clump in patches on my skin! like i had patches of oxidized oil on my skin!i asked someone who makes toiletries for a living what was causing problems for me in such a popular lotion. it's fine to use a lotion with glycerin. it's fine to use a lotion with petro products (mineral oil, petroleum, etc.,). it isn't good for your skin in the long run to use a product with both, especially if you've got dry skin and problems with eczema.petros make it so water stays in/on your skin (it doesn't mean you can't sweat, as sweat glands and pores are much too small for petros to penetrate and clog--hence all the lotions with mineral oil that are "non-comedogenic"). glycerin pulls moisture to the surface of the skin and works great if you're in an area that's at least %60 humidity.i don't get outdoors much, so i'm always in an air conditioned or heated building with very little humidity. there isn't enough moisture in the air around me to pull to the surface of my skin, so the glycerin pulls it from deeper layers of younger skin to keep the dead surface moist. since layers of skin are being forced to sacrifice their water content, this sends the signal to the oil glands to produce more oil, because the skin thinks its natural defensive lipid barrier is in danger(hence, that "greasy" feeling that so many people get from moisturizers/lotions on their face). also, since there's petro in this product, even if i was in a humid place, this ingredient makes it so moisture can't get out, but it can't get in either. so you're stuck with soft skin that's been "moisture sealed", with a product that sucks moisture from living skin to moisturize dead skin. hope this review helps. especially for those who wonder why the hell this stuff or any of their facial moisturizers are making their skin so greasy when they've got tremendous dry skin problems if they don't use a moisturizer. seriously, try a lotion without glycerin--i know it's more pricey or watery, but there aren't many out there that don't have it--IMO, the lotion companies know what i know and are just trying to get you to buy more of their lotion. continued >>

on 4/4/2005 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great moisturizer! Non greasy, lasts a long time. I love it!

The biggest downside is the packaging...the pump stick doesn't go far enough down.

on 3/26/2005 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is just the best lotion ever. Super effective and dirt cheap. I use it for me body (It won't irritate after shaving), and for my face, at night or during the day under sunscreen. It's perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BEST. STUFF. EVER. i have allergic contact dermatitis (in english: i'm allergic to almost every product that touches my skin), but now i take claritin to control my allergic reactions. before the claritin, though, this stuff was a godsend in terms of managing my allergies...i (literally) have tried nearly every drugstore lotion on the market, b/c after a few months i would eventually become allergic to each and every one (curel, cetaphil, eucerine, lubraderm, keri, you name it). without my allergy medication, i used this stuff for 3 years, and never ONCE had an allergic reaction to it!!! this is perfect for super-sensitive skin! it's unscented, so you can either add perfume oil or just leave it as it is. in the wintertime, the backs of my hands get so dry that they literally crack open and bleed everywhere....and NOTHING except this lotion has ever helped to heal them...not even my Philosophy body lotions. also, it doesn't burn/sting raw skin...whether you're raw from a sunburn, or from dry, cracked skin, or even if you've had an allergic reaction and have scratched the crap out of your skin (which was the story of my life before claritin), this stuff is very soothing and it WORKS. it's got like 3 or 4 main ingredients in it...i believe they are glycerine, oat flour, and dimethicone (which is actually the 'active' ingredient in the lotion)....it helps calm down dry, itchy skin, and so does the oat flour. well, those are the ingredients i can remember off the top of my head. i know there's no mineral oil....anyway, i've got both my husband AND my mom hooked on this stuff! initially, i was super-annoyed that such a small-ish bottle of the aveeno was like, $8.50 a bottle, but then i tried the generic version that wal-mart makes. i've checked - it contains the EXACT same ingredients as the aveeno brand name, listed in the exact same order. it's only $3.88. do NOT buy the CVS generic brand of this lotion, b/c it is a COMPLETELY different formula with totally different ingredients, and it's nothing like the original -- also, it's twice as expensive as the wal-mart generic version!!! ok, gals, for $3.88, you've gotta try this. mm'kay?? continued >>

on 3/20/2005 11:55:00 AM

This lotion does what it says. It's really, really moisturizing and soothing for dry winter skin. I've got a few dry patches that only Aveeno seems to be able to sort out. It is absolutely unscented, as well. I don't tend to like unscented lotions, so I add some perfume oil to mine, and it still works really well. This is absolutely essential for me in the winter.

This was a very good lotion. Very soothing to my skin.

on 2/18/2005 6:06:00 PM

I am very fond of this lotion because it is unscented and great moisturizing capability. It comes in a very big pump bottle which is convenient to use. It doesn't last 24 hours as it says it does, but you would be amazed of how hydrating and soothing it is. I think I'll use it on my face and neck as a base moisturizer as well.

on 2/18/2005 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product, but the scent and the texture made me put this in the "Will not buy again" category. It does keep my hands moist, but it gives a weird, almost sticky feeling. The scent, although not strong, isn't pleasant.

on 2/5/2005 1:29:00 AM

If only it had spf 30 or above i would use it for my face, i use it everywhere and on my face when i got out it gives the dewy glow not shiny! unscented and great moisturizing capability