Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 1/30/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in during a promotion that clinique was having, buy any product and get a "gift bag" for $25. It came with this lotion, an e/s palette, mascara, scrub, blush and a hair blush. I love everything that it came with, especially this cream. I only use on spots where i tend to get dry skin (around my lips and cheeks) and its wonderful! I don't want to run out because it's expensive but i would buy again in a heart beat.

on 1/30/2009 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this product because I am on Retin-A and my face is dry and flaking badly. Every other moisturizer I tried burned on contact but this is soothing and feels wonderful. No bad reaction, breakouts or problems at all. My skin even looks softer and plump in the morning when I get up. Great product!

on 1/28/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It makes my skin feel dry after 10 minutes of putting it on. I do like the feeling and the texture of it when I first put it on though- wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/28/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I also got this as a sample with some other stuff I bought and didn't really see the purpose in it. It is a nice product if used alone...I tended to put it on on the weekends when I wasn't wearing any makeup just so my face would look "dewey", and it did ok, but I wouldn't run out and HAVE to have this product.

on 1/28/2009 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think it's very deceiving, putting this review in the "Moisturizer" category because this isn't a moisturizer - like one helpful review said, it's like a primer in that you should use this before foundation. I use this after I apply my sunscreen, and before my EL TM. My skin feels incredibly smooth after I apply this, but I haven't seen any benefits yet.

Oh I also got the 1 oz jar from the 2009 Cosmetics Settlement Act.

I can't believe women in my age bracket haven't reviewed this yet. So ok I'll be the 1st I believe. What it is: a moisture treatment. What it's not: a true moisturizer. Best suited for spring & fall, great for winter if accompanied by a "true" moisturizer. This gel can be used in mutiple ways: alone as a moisturizer (provided the tempertures aren't too hot or too cold), over your makeup to add "life" into your skin, as a wintertime "addition" (key word) to your regular moisturizer to boost skin's ability to deal with harsh tempertures. No matter what other brands I use I always, always come back to this. This gel plumps up the skin, sinks in w/o leaving sheen (unless it's 90 degrees hot & humid & if so this gel will ooze right back out of pores), gives skin that extra umph if it's dehydrated, & is light in texture. Dry skin types this will not be adequate unless it's summertime or you use it in addition to your moisturizer during the winter. Normal, combo/oily skin types this is a dream product & worthy of the price. And for the record I see or feel no difference in the "extended" version compared to the last.

on 1/25/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this for free as a result of the class action lawsuit against cosmetic companies, and I am so happy with it!! It feels very moisturizing when you apply it and a little goes a long way! Great for dry winter skin. My skin is very sensitive, especially in the winter, and it works great!! Will definitely rebuy!

on 1/25/2009 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this for free, since there is a lawsuit against department store cosmetics. Anyway, I thought this would make my skin oily because of it's name--moisture surge--but there's actually no oily feeling at all. Very surprised! I like it! The reason I give it a four rating is because there's no SPF.
2/5/09 I should wait after I've something for awhile until writing a review! I'm editing a bit b/c I'm learning that this product really does a great job making your skin smooth but if you use powder it flies right off! I use bare minerals powder and recently have stopped using the kabuki brush, I thought that was why when I was applying my powder it didn't seem it was going on my face. I could see my powder in the air, rather than going on my skin. Maybe I need something a bit greasier to hold on to my powder? I would definitely recommend this to someone that doesn't use loose powder everyday.

on 1/24/2009 3:54:00 AM

Absolutely love this moisturizer! I have acne-prone/oily skin and this is the perfect night-time moisturizer for me and works well during the winter time when I need an extra burst of moisture. Its oil-free and goes on so smoothly and is not at all greasy. It's one of my HG moisturizers and will be a staple in my skincare routine. Will definitely rebuy.

on 1/23/2009 3:01:00 AM

I would have never gone out and bought this product on my own accord due to it's price. Fortunately, I got a full size pot for free due to the class action suit against cosmetic companies. I have to be very very careful with moisturizers, my skin breaks out SUPER easily and the only thing I've found so far that doesn't irritate my skin is Olay Regenerist daily serum (love it, I use it right before applying makeup, makes it go on ultra smooth). I've only used this moisturizer for 3 days, and I absolutely love it.

I used it for the first time after using a clay facial mask, to replenish any moisture I may have sucked out, and my skin felt soft and smooth, silky, not greasy AT ALL, and a few hours later, it still felt nourished and wonderful. And it has a very nice light scent to it, made me feel relaxed. I used it the next morning right before putting on my makeup, I love how quickly it absorbs without leaving any greasy or filmy feeling whatsoever on your skin, it feels CLEAN. And I didn't even have to use that much, a couple dabs on the tips of of my fingers. Some people may not like the fact that it comes in a pot, but I hate tubes, you never get all the product out and sometimes you get too much and you can't put it back.

Only real con I see to this product is the price, but for how long it lasts, it's worth it.

Popular Moisturizers