Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 1/13/2012 1:29:00 AM

First of all, there are things about this that I like but yet disliked as well.

THINGS I LIKE:
1. Great coverage - Very pigmented product.
2. A little goes a long way - I probably use just a tiny dot of it (around as big as --> O or sometimes --> o), and it spreads out perfectly on my skin. This will last me for a very long time - probably a year or so, lol.
3. The packaging - It helps me control the amount I squeeze out of the tube.
4. Doesn't look cakey - Depending on how much you use.
5. Price - I bought this for around $6CAD in Wal-mart.

THINGS I DISLIKE:
1. Doesn't last very long - It probably lasts about 5 to 10 min, literally. I put on my foundation, then apply this on top of my problematic areas such as blemishes and acne scars. It seems to have disappeared into my skin, and didn't do much with covering my blemishes and acne scars at all.
2. Doesn't have a wide range of shades - It comes in Light, Medium, and Tan. I bought Tan, and I find it slightly lighter than my skin tone but at least it has a yellow tone to it. But I use this concealer first before I put on foundation so the concealer can blend in with the colour of the foundation and doesn't look like you used any concealer.

WHAT I RECOMMEND:
If any of you have experienced anything from what I have said above, I recommend concealing first using Hard Candy Glamoflauge first, then layer it with any foundation of your choice. Since there are only 3 different shades, most of you may probably have the concealer either lighter or darker than your skin tone. If you were to conceal after putting on foundation, the shade of the concealer may be completely off from your foundation and look obvious, and fade off quickly. If you were to put on this concealer first, then the foundation, then the concealer will blend in with your foundation to make it look less obvious, and the foundation will help seal/lock in the concealer so it doesn't fade away fast. Just make sure you don't drag your foundation over the concealer, or else it'll just wipe it away. Also, I honestly don't think that this can work for dark circles. The consistency of this product is quite thick and can cake up, Those who want to conceal their dark circles, I recommend wand concealers. I don't really have dark circles, myself, but I've learned quite a lot about concealers from a YouTube guru: MakeupGeekTV.

I don't know if any of this made sense, but I hope I helped a little. :$

Overall, I don't LOVE the product, but I LIKE it. But then again, this is the 2nd concealer I've ever tried. I'm actually hoping to buy a concealer from MAC and try that one out. continued >>

on 1/10/2012 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have terrible dark circles and tried my fair share of concealers, and this is by far the best! Don't get my wrong, my dark circles are still there, I just don't look like a raccoon anymore! Glamoflage is so pigmented and easy to blend (compared to Benefit's erase paste - my first high end purchase - which I ended up giving to a friend because I disliked it so much). A little goes a long way (I put it over primer, which I find makes it easier to blend with less tug and pull on my eyes), and it's soo cheap! I love that it comes in a tube and not a pot that you have to dig into with a little stick. I've had my tube for probably about 8 months (I put on two layers of it everyday!) and I'm not even half way through it! I love this product soo much I have a brand new tube waiting in a drawer!

on 1/8/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is an amazing concealer! It covers dark circles, blemishes, tattoos, birthmarks, anything! It lasts all day when you apply a powder on top, and the price is unbeatable! ($6 @ Walmart). The ONLY con I have is the creasing! It creases no matter what or how much powder you apply to it, this is a minor issue since I just reapply a little bit of powder when it creases and it stays put. Definitely recommend!!

on 1/8/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i LOVE this stuff! i use this as a foundation actually. it provides excellent coverage, and doesn't look cakey. a little bit goes a LONG way. its so easy to apply (i use the beauty blender). if you're looking for a full coverage foundation and you've never been able to find one that has enough coverage without applying multiple layers of it, try this concealer as a foundation!

I bought this product to conceal my undereye circles. I've been using it for quite a while now and have realized, like many others, that this is too thick and cakey for my undereye area. I've tried moisturizing extra well in that area, and it still looks cakey. I've tried applying it with fingers and various brushes with the same results. However, I will continue to use this on blemishes and the like, perhaps with a green concealer followed by this product. If I don't moisturize carefully in the blemish area, the concealer will apply cakey to those areas, too. It's a finnicky product, but I will continue to use it for other areas other than my eyes.

on 1/5/2012 7:25:00 PM

Pros:
-Very good coverage.
-A little bit goes a LONG way.
-Cute packaging.
-I only paid $6 and got so much product.
-Good for dark circles AND blemishes, a rarity for concealers.

Cons:
-Seems to emphasise dry patches underneath my eyes.
-Horrible color selection, there are only 3 shades to choose from: Light, Medium, and Tan. Medium suited me the best but doesn't match well to my skin tone. But when I set this concealer with powder, it looks natural-ish.
-Creamy consistency that doesn't blend well into my skin. I prefer liquid concealers for that reason, this stuff is kind of like putting goo on your face, it's a little cakey.

Bottome Line:
I'm on the fence about this. I've been using it for a while, but it really annoys me how the color doesn't match my skin and this stuff is stubborn to blend. On the other hand I enjoy the coverage this gives me, and I like using this with foundation on top, like a corrective concealer because of it's yellow tone that helps with blue/purple colored dark circles.

on 1/5/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is wonderful! Great coverage, and little goes a long way! I got the lightest shade, and I believe I need a shade darker! I wish they had more than three shades!

on 1/4/2012 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I purchased this tube in "tan" as it was the darkest shade available. With that being said, it's very blendable, covered my under eye circles very well and even worked on some post acne scarring. It is a bit drying, so I do recommend moisturizing before use.

Edit: I've really grown to love this concealer. I now apply it over imperfections and cover with Revlon Colorstay. My skin looks flawless, undereye circles gone and scars are blurred.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Most people who use this product say that it looks too cakey. Trust me a little goes a long way! I love that it covers blemishes but sometimes I tend to get more product out than I realize I need. I wish this packaging was a little different to stop this problem. But overall it is a very amazing and nicely priced concealer.

on 1/2/2012 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the stuff. If you're looking for a heavy-duty concealer, this is it! It covers absolutely everything. It is also extremely long wearing. It does look very cakey, so I only use it on problem areas like pimples, or bad blemishes. I have acne-prone skin and it has not broken me out.

It isn't the most user-friendly product, so it does take a bit of experimenting with the application. I use it after foundation and apply it with a crease brush, then I dab the area with a sponge until it blends in with the rest of my face. Also, I recommend working at one area at a time since it does dry incredibly fast. I do not recommend using this under the eye area as it is too dry and thick for the delicate and thin skin.

One down side to this product is the color selection. I believe there are only three, so I combine light and medium to match my skin tone. A little of this product definitely goes a long way, so you're definitely getting a ton of product for a cheap price.