L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

3.0

on 3/18/2003 1:31:00 PM

I have used almost every home hair color on the market...for a long time my favorite was the L'Oreal Excellence Creme, but I think Feria has better colors so it's usually what I go with. The colors are beautiful and while other women have complained about them not being true to the packaging - you have to consider it will be effected by the color you have.

I have used literally almost every color from palest blonde to pitch black and I don't remember specific shades, but I used the champagne blonde for quite a while and now go with a deep auburn. I do have to say that Feria fades a LOT faster than other permanent colors I have used, but for me it's not a problem. My hair grows so fast that I color it pretty much every 3 weeks or sooner, so for me the fading is not as much of an issue as it might be for women who color every 6 weeks or so.

The conditioner that comes with the product is wonderful and my hair actually feels and looks better after I color. It's easy to use and I have had many professional stylists comment on my beautiful color. I highly recommend Feria.

on 3/13/2003 12:23:00 PM

I have already written one review on Feria, but I had to go again! :o) I am honestly shocked by all of the poor reviews! I have literally used nearly every other box color out there, and Feria is so superiour in shine and the texture it leaves my hair. Admittedly, the reds are un-natural, and I really wish they would soften up that part of their color palette. One caveat is the black - I used Black Leather. The color rinsed out for days, and I ended up with doll hair - very flat, one color, less shiny hair that was awful. But, I am guessing, my superfine hair just isn't meant to be black, and I didn't blame the color. I had to use the Extra Lightening Bleach to take the color out enough to Re-Brown - and the bleach was on for more than an hour. HOWEVER, as horrible as my hair felt from the bleach while rinsing it, after I put the conditioner on and let it soak in, my hair was soft again. I immediately recolored (and blow-dried the color while on my head), and got a great reddish brown.

One thing to keep in mind, is that Feria is sort of a sheer color (with the exception of the black I used). It will use the tone of the hair it covers.

The Sally's version of Feria is a more heavy-duty color - if you have hard-to-color hair, that may be the ticket. They frequently run the color bottles two for one.

UPDATE: 8/1/07 - I have since stopped using this completely. I believe they went thru some sort of reformulation of this product, as it completely changed. The couple times I used it, it actually had a different smell - and what it did to my hair is terrible. I regularly color, and have no trouble with dryness or having shiny hair, and the Feria completely dried out my hair and I had NO shine. It was horrible. Add to that, the color didn't resemble the packaging in the least, and it was very muddy and dull - not at all like the super shiny, super multicolor stuff of the past. I've been using Garnier and loving it. No more Feria.

Good Luck!

on 3/8/2003 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I tried Feria thinking it was a Level 3 version of Casting. I had the deeply brown shade. I used Espresso in Casting. After a week, I was left with a ring of gold where the color faded. I called the hotline and the consultant at L'Oreal told me that Feria is not recommended for graying hair. The box did NOT say this! I will not buy this brand again.

on 2/2/2003 7:45:00 PM

I've tried different blonde Feria's and ended up wasting my money. I am a natural dirty blonde, and it should be easy to lighten my hair, I found it to be not really like a permanent, but more like a number two than a three. I"ve had to buy other brands in blonde and redo my hair. I also tried a strawberry reddish blonde color, and There was ABSOLUTELY no difference. I then have dyed my hair copper red now, and I tried Feria, doesn't not last or stay, very well. It's not great stuff, try another brand, if you want a subtle non permanent type it would be yours, the shimmers are not true at all. I also tried blondes on my boyfriend, and he is a dirty blonde, it did not do anything, so we had to purchase another brand. i say,,,DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON FERIA!

on 1/27/2003 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've heard such horrid tales about Feria but luckily found true love in Cool Blonde--the color turns lighter over the weeks but looks good if you're naturally pale with blue or green eyes. The conditioner is wonderful too--I wish they made a separate tube of it. *UPDATE: my hair turned multi-colored the last time I applied this hair color. Maybe it was just a bad box but whatever--I switched to Garnier.

on 1/5/2003 12:17:00 AM

I have my hair colored and highlighted at a salon now, but when I colored it myself, Feria was one of my favorites! I used Cherry Cola, and it came out a very natural looking shiny shade.

on 1/5/2003 12:05:00 AM

I used the "brazilian brown" color to try to get that gorgeous golden medium brown shad eon the box. My hair is naturally a dark ashy brown that has a warmd reddish undertone when the sun gets to it. After coloring my hair--I got a dark red shade instead---I agree with the other reviewer that noted that Feria tends to turn red for those of us who have warmer undertones.

on 1/5/2003 12:04:00 AM

I used the "brazilian brown" color to try to get that gorgeous golden medium brown shade on the box. My hair is naturally a dark ashy brown that has a warmd reddish undertone when the sun gets to it. After coloring my hair--I got a dark red shade instead---I agree with the other reviewer that noted that Feria tends to turn red for those of us who have warmer undertones.

on 11/14/2002 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My fave permanent hair color. Everytime I use it, it gives me better than salon results. I am giving my hair a break with semiperm. Castings for a while, but when I go back to permanent, this will be the only one I use.

on 11/13/2002 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My experience with this dye is it had a nice smell compared to other dyes. Felt oily and like it didn't hurt the hair. The conditioner was wonderful. The dye wasn't that great. It didn't give even coverage. I guess its part of that multi tone thing. Really not good though. I got it in a red tone and it did fade fairly fast and turned to a strange brown tone although all reds fade the fastest though. When you get hair dye you want it to change your hair the color it says its going to change it... not just change parts of your hair here and there. If I wanted to add highs and lows I would just foil off my own sections with a different tone. Also no color swatches of how it will turn your hair on the box which is the one thing I like about drug store brands. It was an ok dye, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Popular Hair Color Products