MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 3/19/2010 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

well i have the mac studio fix foundation and i love it and i must say i love the stuio sculpt as well...i have very oily acne prone skin, and i have a lot of post acne spots and redness as well and it covers my imperfection beautifully.

the thing is that ss can look a bit thick on your face..but to prevent that i only take a pea size amount and dot it all over my face, put a little more where i need more coverage..and take a stippling brush or a flat powder brush and dampen it with water...and then i blend blend blend!!!! you can either set it with fix+ or powder(i use either laura mercier setting powder or mac msf natural)...and it makes it look like my really skin while covering everything..i dont need to use a concealer

it is 40ml, studio fix found has 30ml and is in a tube, which i think is more sanitary and convenient. another big thing, is that it doesnt oxiize on my face..yay!!!!..it has a creamy texture, not runny. it has a smell to it, but it doesnt bother me gives a dewy finish, if i dont powder my forehead and nose will be shiny & oily. however my friend has dry skin and it is so beautiful on her. anyways i would purchase again as i dont need much to cover!!!

dont like the fact that if i dont set with powder, i get super greasy and sweaty looking and i feel like the foundation never sets, like itll just rub off, however good coverage and like the packaging

on 3/13/2010 2:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is so heavy. I asked the SA for a medium coverage and she reccomended this. When she tested it out on me, she used a sponge and used like 4 squeezes of the tube. EEEEEKKKK. that was so much product and it looked soooo cakey. I bought it anyways and tried it at home with different brushes to try to sheer it out. Foundation brush, 109 dupe brush, kabuki, stippler, all made it hard to sheer out because it was sooo thick. and looked like a heavy mask.

My skin was bad at the time (dry flakes, blemishes) so heavy coverage accenuated it. I havent tried it lately (with my good skin) so I cant judge it there.

It does control oil and provides a matte complexion.

on 3/13/2010 2:31:00 AM

I must have debated about whether or not I wanted to buy this product or not for months, and then I finally decided to give it a try. And I have to say that I am not disappointed in the product at all. It gives good coverage. It does not settle into pores or a few of those fine lines that have started to show up and hang out for a while. It lasts all day as well, and I have had no problems with it oxidizing on me. In fact, the other day, I was wearing this and a guy at work asked me if I had Botox done. At first I was a little offended, but I later learned that he meant that my skin looked flawless.The only thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it seems tacky (I mean as in sticky) when I first apply it, and even after I've set it with powder, it still feels not quite dry. That feeling does annoy me, but not enough to say that i dislike the product. I would buy again.

on 3/13/2010 1:39:00 AM

This foundation isnt TOO BAD! but not great, hence not gunna buy it again.

I've only worn it once (today), i applied in pretty lightly with a foundation brush and set it with a mac powder and so far, by the late afternoon, it has worn okay. I can see where the 'oily yet dry' comment has come from, but this effect is minimal on me. I think I will stick to liquid foundations though, because I prefer a heavier coverage and slightly more made up look. AND yep took a few snapshots and is not photo/flash friendly, makes you have a white face from sunscreen in foundation.

on 3/12/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm also surprised to see bad reviews on this. It's a creamy, gel like texture and blends in really well when I use my 188 stippler brush. I can see how this can be too slippery for people with very oily skin because this gives a dewy finish. I have combo to oily skin and it works great for me as long as I use a powder over it. So far so good!

Update: changed lippie from a 5 to a 3. I noticed my face really greasy after wearing this and a few clogged pores on my cheeks :(. I returned it.

on 3/11/2010 8:16:00 PM

I'm really surprised to see such bad reviews on this foundation. I got a sample of this so I could try it for a week and see how I like it and I decided to go back and purchase it. I love this foundation so much, its creamy, blendable and it makes my skin look amazing when i use the 187 stippling brush. I'm usually gone everyday from noon til ten at night and when I get home my skin still looks like it did when I left the house. Which is a big plus cause I have no time during the day to keep reaplyiing my foundation. It hasn't caused me to break out either, but then again my skins not really acne prone. My skins dry to normal so i m not sure how this sets on people with oily skin. This is by far my favorite foundation :)

on 3/6/2010 8:23:00 PM

I wish I could say that this product is worth the money but it isn't! It's the worst foundation I had EVER! It's in a gel form which I though that I would like but I don't. I have combination to dry skin also it's a bit sensitive just to let all of you know. It looks cakey on me, very hard to work with, doesn't blend well, feels like I have a mask on. It feels very heavy on the skin. It might work for someone that has oily skin?! My mom tried it and she didn't like it as well she has mature skin with the same type of skin like me. Needs to be applied with your fingers that's when you get the best results. It's a full coverage foundation so if you have scars or imperfections on your skin this might cover it up well. Will never repurchase this foundation!

on 3/4/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When I first got this I loved it, then strayed to other foundations and LOVED those, but when I tried this again after a long period time using something else, I fell back in love with this. I think this is a good product just not an amazing one

on 3/3/2010 3:52:00 PM

I wear this after moisturizing, primer (MAC prep-prime), and I spray Fix + to thin it it out a little since I prefer building up the coverage. I used wear NW20, but now switched to NC20 because my skin is right in between and now the NC20 blends a lot better on my skin. I recommend playing at the store, but if you need medium to full coverage and don't want to look completely matte nor cakey, I highly recommend trying this.

It's also really important to set the foundation so that it lasts through out the whole day. I usually set my makeup with powder (the MAC mineral powder) after I put a bit of cream blush and I don't tend to retouch during the day. If I go out at night I just re-do the under-eye concealer because that it is my biggest issue. Hope that helps.

on 3/2/2010 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It really mimics your skin and its very natural looking once it has set, but it does spread well since it is a gel formula and the colors are way off from the fix fluid and it only last for 4 to 6 hours. Something in it causes me to have little bumps on my cheeks. It would be great for dry skin. Needs to be in pump form it comes out to much if your are not use to it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv