L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 12/5/2008 6:07:00 PM

I loved this mascara each of the four times I got to use it. The removal was easy, just add water and pull the tubes off. I could wear this mascara for 4 days or more without reapplying. The Bad news: This morning I woke up for work and went to put this one, when I pulled out the wand it was covered in a big glob of mascara. Upon further inspection I noticed that the piece inside it had broken/fallen into the tube letting all of the mascara come out with the wand. I plan to purchase this again to see if maybe I just got a bad tube. Even though it broke I still LOVE the mascara itself.

on 12/5/2008 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

EDIT:
After my first tube of this, something happened. :/ All my other tubes FLAKE. I mean FLAKE. Not to mention that this stuff doesn't hold a curl at all, but if it's supposed to be tubular and waterproof, then why in the world would it FLAKE so badly? I've also realized with this tube technology that it's way EASIER just to buy w/p eye makeup remover, like Lumene to get rid of a good, curl-holding, non FLAKING waterproof mascara. I like the idea of this mascara, but gosh L'oreal, fix the FLAKING and the curl-straightening properties of this!
-----
I love this mascara. No, I LOOOOOVE this mascara. Easily my holy grail, it's waterproof and smudgeproof without the painful removal, makes my eyelashes gorgeously long and luxurious, and is so much cheaper than other mascaras that do half the job for 3 times the price.
It takes a while to get the technique down right though, so expect your first couple of attempts to be kinda clumpy. Don't let the primer dry, or you'll never be able to cover up all the white lashes and it'll look clumpy.

My only little critique is that I find 3 or 4 flakes on my face after the day goes by, but that's probably because after school I'm in the gym sweating my butt off during practice. :P

It certainly DOES make your lashes LONG. It does absolutely nothing for volume. In fact, it does the exact opposite. It clumps my lashes together, making it look like i have less lashes (even when i scrape the mascara off the brush). I use the white primer, a regular mascara to separate my lashes for fullness, and then i use the tubes. If they make it for length AND volume that would be phenomenal because this stuff is insanely easy to remove, that is what i mostly love about it.

on 12/3/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: long, full lashes as promised.
This Tubes gave me the longest lashes of all masacra products I have (Lancome High Definicils, Max Factor Masterpiece, and even the normal L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Extender)

Cons: need lots of warm water and patient to get them all off. It wont come off with any eyes make-up remover you might find on this earth. (btw if you do find one,pls let me know. Greatly appreciate)

Tips: pretty easy and fast if you remove it in the shower = )

on 12/2/2008 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really misled by the ads for this product!

I have always used a lash primer so Step One was nothing new to me. The mascara went on great and I got long spidery lashes.

PROS: Went on easily, dried quickly, does not smudge, stays all day, lashes were long and full.

CONS: IT WON'T COME OFF! I had to triple check the tube to make sure I had not mistakenly bought the waterproof formula. I used make up remover for waterproof make up and it barely budged. The rest came off in the shower. HUGE turn off.

And it does not come off in tubes like the ad on TV shows. it comes off in clumps, eyelashes included.

It serves it's purpose but destroys my lashes in the process. I'll go back to my other brand once I have finished this tube.

on 12/2/2008 2:13:00 PM

I have never had any problems with mascaras-as I always have purchased the "Better" brands and have been scrupulious in removing the product at night with a gentle remover.
I was curious about this product-so I shelled out my $8.00 @ walmart, and gave it a try-twice.
First night I tried to remove it with my eye makeup remover-it wouldn't budge. So I washed my face, as it said with my PERRICONE Olive Oil Cleanser-still didn't come off.
Went to bed.
Woke up next morning mascara didn't smear but my eyes seemed puffy.

Same routine the next night. This time I tried pulling them off with my eye makeup remover, warm water and a washcloth. Some of it came loose. Went to bed.
Woke up next morning-looked like I had been hit with a baseball bat.

Gave it away.
Went back to my Dior.
Eyes still healing.

on 12/1/2008 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My Mom actually send me this mascara from England before it was it was even available here. And I was very eager to try it, but was very disappointed when I ended up with 3 lashes that were stuck together. At that point it doesn't really matter if they are long or short, because when you end up with spidelegs for lashes it never looks good. The tubes did come off in almost whole pieces once I washed my face, but you also had to give it a little pull. That in turn scares me, because I don't want to rip my lashes out. So, all in all, it did not work for me, although it built some lenght, the overall look was not pretty!

on 11/29/2008 9:16:00 PM

I think this product really sucks, but I have found if you use the white tube building stuff with l'oreal telescopic mascara instead of the mascara that comes with it it builds beautiful, long, fake looking lashes. The drawback to that is that it can become expensive buying both products. Why can't L'oreal just sell a tube of the white stuff by itself and let you buy whatever mascara you want to go with it? I recently bought some Tweezerman Fat Lash that works in the same way. I think i will like it once I master applying it, only it is quite expensive also.

on 11/24/2008 7:46:00 PM

Eh....wasn't impressed. I have pretty long lashes to start with and can generally get away with DS mascaras. I went from using Px Beyond Long with their primer to using The Body Shop's Divide and Multiply...which I get with a discount because I'm a TBSAH rep and I get the same effect with less steps.

That said, I couldn't pass up 80% longer lashes....not! I don't think it really did much of anything lengthwise and now I'm dreading taking it off tonight (first time I've used it). I have to use eye makeup remover to take off the ES and water to remove the mascara...something that's an inconvenience I could live with if I got wowzer lashes, but I didn't.

on 11/24/2008 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I've ever LOVED. Everything about it is amazing- It makes my lashes long and thick, holds the curl from my eyelash curler, does not budge at ALL (no flakes, smudges) and comes off totally clean with just warm water! I think that this lives up to all the claims from the commercials I saw on TV and in the ads in magazines... which really surprised me, because of course so many cosmetic companies trick us with false claims. But this mascara is fantastic! I will keep buying it as long as they make it. I don't think I've ever been so impressed with a beauty product.

Popular Mascaras