Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to try Full and Soft because I've seen many MUA members rave about it on the MU board. I grabbed the w/p version since non-w/p formulas weigh my lashes down and undo curl. Anyway, I used it for the first time today (over Shiseido's mascara base) and I'm totally loving the my-lashes-but-better effect. It not only makes them look "full and soft," but also longer and more defined. I'm so psyched! This mascara is perfect for my everyday 'natural' look and I think I love this more than my beloved HGs: MF 2000 Calorie and MF Volume Couture! D:

on 6/15/2009 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This mascara will remain my favorite, most dependable. It has the big brush that I prefer, is easy to apply, and can build to good thick lashes, with little or no flaking all day. The waterproof is not sold in as many stores in my area as the regular, but I certainly hope Mabeline will keep this in their line!

on 6/14/2009 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmm, I don't write reviews on MU, but I felt compelled to do so for this mascara. Here's the deal: I've been using this for at least a few, more like several, years. I recently had someone comment on the fact that I don't wear make up. I pointed out that I was wearing mascara, and she said she couldn't tell. That made me think I should try something more "dramatic."
That's how I ended up looking at reviews for mascara. And how I came to find that my particular brand/type doesn't seem to score too poorly! I think I'll try something new, but keep on with this, too.

Pros:
Stays on! Really. I exercise ALL the time. I walk 10-12 miles a day, and this stuff stays put! It really is waterproof. I wear it in the shower or while washing my face, and need only seperate/touch it up afterwards. Only time it really runs is if I am sweating extremely hard for an extended period of time. or if I cry REALLY hard. (that's only happened a couple times in the last several years!).
It does make my lashes look fuller.
Very little smudging.

Cons:
Isn't very dramatic.
Can clump when more than two coats applies.
Hard to apply to smaller inside lashes.

I like this stuff just fine. I've tried other Maybelline mascaras, as well as Clinique and Lancome. They all smudged, clumped or looked totally fake. For my compulsive exercise, I need waterproof. For my clumsiness, I need smudgeproof.
This stuff fits the bill for me!

on 6/13/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product! I will admit the wand is a little harder to handle but once you get used to it its just like any other. It does a great job lengthing and seperating my lashes and it is lives up to its word on the waterproof scale. I loove this product!

Nice, natural looking mascara but smudges like crazy!!!

on 6/5/2009 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this after a rec from the boards. I will admit that I was skepticle, I mean how could this compar to my staple $28 mascara. Answer: this is very nearly as good and for the price, I give up my HE mascara.
Applies very well. No clumpy goopy spider lashes. Very nice color. Stays on well. Comes off at night like a dream!
Highly reccomended!

on 6/5/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for about a month now, and I am really happy with it so far! It definetly lives up to its name, and gives my lashes that natural non-brittle feel. It isn't hard to remove, and doesn't flake or smudge at all. The only downside is that the wand picks up a bit too much mascara, so I have to wipe it off a little on my hand before applying, but to me thats not a huge deal.

This mascara has been a staple in my makeup bag for years.
I love this mascara. It is the ONLY mascara that leaves my lashes looking great and feeling natural. Other mascaras leave clumps and make my lashes look and feel brittle.
This mascara is great for anyone looking to enhance their everyday look.

I took off a lippy only because it wears off during the day. The color doesn't stay black all day. Other than that, this is the ONLY mascara that I have purchased over and over again.

on 6/2/2009 12:26:00 AM

I bought this because of the good reviews. On an average day, this mascara is okay. I have a little trouble applying the mascara because too much product sticks to the wand. Also, it tends to smudge by the end of the day, especially if I have to go to the gym. I've had WP mascaras that never smudge and this failed the test. For day-to-day use, it's okay. I have short, straight Asian lashes so it keeps the curl, but doesn't really add length or much volume.

on 5/25/2009 1:15:00 AM

I use this as my daily mascara because it is very soft, just like the packaging says, and it never flakes off or smudges during the day. Even if I leave it on and wake up the next morning, there's only a little bit of flakes on my face, even though the mascaras obviously rubbed completely off.

The only downside to this mascara is it doesn't add alot of volume [my natural lashes are already long and dark] even with a few coats, and it is definitely NOT waterproof. :[
Whenever I wash my face and a little water gets on my eyelashes, if my eyelashes every touch my face, the mascara smears all over the place.

So in short:
Pros:
- Soft
- No flaking
- No clumping
- No smudging or smearing

Cons:
- Not waterproof
- Doesn't add any volume

Popular Mascaras