Chanel Chance

3.8

on 6/27/2005 1:47:00 PM

Toned-down Angel plus pepper.

From the Chanel Chance website:
"The unexpected floral fragrance by CHANEL, for women who know that in order to be lucky, you have to believe in chance !

CHANCE contains the finest raw materials : notes of White Musk, Hyacinth and Citron, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Fresh Vetiver, Orris Absolute and Amber Patchouli. The materials are familiar, but our perception of them is completely new, because of the effect of the Unexpected Accord, which gives the fragrance its unique character.

The first round bottle from CHANEL, banded in silver and with a light, transparent top.

This Unexpected Floral Fragrance will surprise you with its constant changes. The original olfactory composition is illustrated by a moving constellation of scents."

Unfortunately, I get no floral vibe here. On me it's all that rotten-melon patchouli and pepper.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

help... can't... breathe...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I fell in love with this at first, but after owning it for a year or so, I've grown tired of it. The spicy smell I once found so enticing has faded, and if i spray on too much, I feel a bit sick too my stomach. Sophisticated, but can be a bit overbearing.

on 6/22/2005 11:45:00 PM

I tried a sample of the Eau de Toilette in a departement store. Wow - talk about lasting power! I sprayed on maybe 3 spritzes on my neck at around 5pm. I went home, went to the gym, sweated, came home...it's 11:45pm now and I STILL smell Chance on me. I'm not sure if I like it enough to buy it though as it is very expensive; it is a very sweet smelling jasmine fragrance, but also fresh so not stuffy at all like some very heavy scents. I will think about it some more before buying. People who like Chance and want to try a smiliarly fresh smelling sweet perfume, try "Givenchy - Eau Torride". ***UPDATE*** I gave in and bought this perfume, it is the only one I use now. I love it so much, just spraying it on puts me in such a great mood! I feel sexy and feminine wearing this, it's such a sophisticated and original scent. I've gotten a lot of compliments from people when I wear this, and others inquiring what it is.

on 6/20/2005 7:56:00 AM

My least favorite of chanel fragrance. Very generic and like many other, to me not a chanel fragrance. Difficult to describe since it is just blah!!

on 6/17/2005 11:21:00 AM

I received a sample of this and have to admit I like the starting which is a wonderful peppery citrus (reminds me a great deal of the starting of 212 Sexy), the middle is even pretty with almost a hint of candy like sweetness from the Hyacinth (the fragrance actually stays this way on my boyfriend's sister; she wears it wonderfully), unfortunatly the drydown on me hits a masculine cologne note. Which happens so often with me when fragrances have vetiver in them (I wish the not worked on me). A classy chypre that is probabley a wonderful introduction to young women wanting to wear a chypre.

on 6/10/2005 2:05:00 AM

I must admit the first time I encountered this perfume, my initial thought was of a cheap disappointment from Chanel. However I tried it again several months later and I fell in love with it. Subtle elegance, sweetness and fun all rolled into one. I have this now in the EDP and the Parfum. One spray of the parfum lasts me the entire day.

on 6/2/2005 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Another perfume that smells almost identical as 95% of the newer ones on the market. This smells nothing like the other Chanel fragrances (thank God). I absolutely can't stand the smell of these types of fragrances. I'm sick of these scents of the newer generation. I want something more timeless and less common. Please go back to making perfumes like they used to!!! I like the bottle though, it's simple and chic... what a waste!

This is disgusting, good thing i got this as a gift and didn't have to spend my own $$$! Many ppl have commented saying Coco mademoiselle is the 'intense' version of Chance, well it`s NOT!!! I personally love Coco Mlle (my HG) but despise Chance. Chance is incredibly spicy and i choked the first time smelling it. I wondered whether it has PEPPERS in it and guess what? I looked up the ingredients and it does! Compare the two perfumes: (1) Chance: "Hyacinth, White Musc, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Fresh Vetiver, Citrus, Iris and Amber of Patchouli"; (2) Coco Mlle: "Top notes of Orange and Bergamot are followed by clear, pure middle notes of Jasmine petals and Morning Rose. Base notes of Patchouli and Vetiver" (credit Chanel's Website). They only really have 1 ingredient in common (Jasmine) and 3 SIMILAR ingredients, but in a perfume, the combination of 'similar' notes smells COMPLETELY different when put all together! Thus Coco Mlle is actually NOT more intense than Chance and is actually LESS intense since it has less (spicy) ingredients. (This is my personal opinion, I do mean to offend those who love Chance)

on 5/28/2005 12:24:00 AM

iam on my second bottle of this and i just love it. I get so many compliments from people and when i smell it on other people its just amazing. The smell is so warm spicy sweet crisp and fresh, i try to only wear it when i go out on something special as i find that i go through it quite fast and find it quite pricy. Over all i give it a 5 and will continue to buy it for probally as long as my nose still works.

Popular Fragrances