BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

3.7

petrolatum, lanolin, isopropyl, palmitate, paraffin, euphorbia, cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, propylparaben, retinyl palmitate [ /-: titanium dioxidde (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 5/20/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: If you've tried Lancome's Photogenic concealer - it is exactly the same: Erase Paste is a beautiful natural skin shade that is orange-based, so it hides blue dark circles wonderfully.

CONS: its creamy base means it slides off - so it has no staying power. Also means it settles in creases - I try to dab only directly onto the bluish veins and not near my eye wrinkles, although this is difficult.

Unless you exfoliate or moisturise the eye area very wel, this will cake a lot aorund your skin in those small dry areas - even if it's not a very dry. So careful prepping is particulaly important for this product.

Due to time restraints, pricing, bad staying power and creasing, I won't repurchase unless I am desperate for something natural looking.

on 5/18/2009 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Terrible ;< I tried this on at Sephora and it looked all right. I figured I should try it out at home with a fresh face to see the real results. Cakey, thick & the colour was completely off (It's only available in 3 shades, to my understanding) I had to return it a couple days later because it made my skin look worse. It was totally obvious I was wearing concealer and I tried to alter how much I used as well as my application technique.

on 5/16/2009 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Works GREAT. The only problem is I'm between a 2 and a 3. The other problem I have with it is it does crease badly on me. Even if I put on a primer it still creases. Though I've only been able to find a select few concealers that don't crease on me. Strangely enough the Play Sticks from Benefit give you great under the eye coverage and hardly crease at all.

on 5/12/2009 2:32:00 PM

this is an amazing under eye concealer. i have hereditary undereye circles, and i don't know what i would do without this concealer, it doesn't dry out under my eyes at all, which is why i like this so much.

i don't like the packaging. i think that a more shallow container would have been more ideal, and you don't get a lot of product for the price ... good thing you only need a little bit of the product, but still that may keep me from repurchasing!

on 5/4/2009 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i am 32 with hardly any wrinkles and with blue toned dark circles. I just bought this and I also have the bobbi brown product that is similar. This one is less creamy, but somehow more effective. it is amazingly sheer and i think will be a fabby product in summer time. it is also less $$ than the bobbi brown i think and is definitely worth it. they should change the packaging to be more user friendly, but overall, if you have bad circles, i like this better than bobbi brown or the mac one i used to have that was similar as well.

on 4/28/2009 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was skeptical and tried a sample of this concealer before I purchased it. The medium shade is perfect for me and the pinky-apricot tone really works with my skin tone which is fair/medium and pink based. Great coverage for both brightening under the eye and hiding blemishes. I really like the non-greasy texture and natural look and finish it provides. Once summer heats up I'll see how well it holds up to humidity and sweat. So far, so good . . . !

on 4/23/2009 4:30:00 AM

I am shocked at how much I like this product! Shade #2 works surprisingly well on my golden-medium complexion! It is soft, moist, and creamy and makes the dark circles under my eyes just disappear! A little does go a long way. I use a taklon concealor brush only on the spots that I need it. I avoid getting too close to my bottom lash line area, because it will tend to cause smearing of my eye make up. Pretty good job for this scary-lookin', bright apricoty cream thing!

UPDATE: I'm not sure what is the cause exactly, but I think Erase Paste is a bit too emolient for anywhere on my face, except for the dark areas under my eyes. I have broken out with some painful cystic acne blemishes where I used it, especially under and around my nose and jawline.

on 4/22/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite under eye concealer! I have purple tones under my eyes and this makes them disapeer and make my eyes instantly look wider. I pair this with Benefit's Eye Con and it goes on really smooth. I wish it came in different packaging though.

This stuff sucks... it doesn't cover my dark circles and after a couple of hours it is clumped up in next to my tear ducts...

on 4/21/2009 11:40:00 AM

I have this concealer in #2, and it the perrrfect color for my skin. It isn't yellow at all. It is peachy pink. The best color match I have ever found. It is really creamy, which is nice because many concealers are drying and get flakey. However, it really doesn't have any staying power on me. I feel like it is gone by noon. I am so bummed about that, because otherwise a really great product.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products