Lavanila Pure Vanilla

3.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My scent !!!

if you love sweet this is for u....i have had girls follow me to ask my parfume!!...walking into toe Coach and the ladys stopped me to ask!!....and whent on thier lunch break to get it...too funny

my all time Favorite....

just fresh and nice ....

on 6/3/2009 10:22:00 PM

Pure Vanilla is the first fragrance that I have owned from LaVanila. (I have tested the Vanilla Grapefruit and the Vanilla Lavender-both of which are delightful, as well). I could gush for days about this amazing scent! The title for this all-natural, paraben-free fragrance is quite accurate- PURE VANILLA. This is not synthetic nor is it too sweet. In fact, it is the most perfect vanilla-based scent that I have found! The rich, warm scent of madagascar vanilla blends with the other notes to create a soft, powdery, earthy scent. This is one of the rare fragrances that is quite noticable without ever being cloying. This scent makes me feel amazing every time that I wear it; it is a mood booster for certain! I can't stop smelling my inner elbow and wrists when I am wearing this. I purchased the rollerball of the scent and it is fantastic for "on the go" or if you are on a budget as I am. I look forward to trying the all-natural deodorant ASAP! I have read rave reviews about it and I can only imagine how divine I would feel, wearing the scented deodorant with the lotion and the perfume. Delicious!

I love this scent. It's much more foody than I've ever worn before, and I know this isn't really known for its 'foodiness' or whatever, I'm just used to wearing RL Blue and CLEAN ultimate. This past winter I decided I wanted to have a really warm, comforting, and sexy fragrance. I'll admit it... when I heard guys love vanilla fragrances (and I think that's generally true) it might have influenced me to look for a vanilla scent for when I wanted to impress certain people (wink wink). There I said it. But I am really glad I did. Because I love this scent just as much as any guy would. It's opened me up to possibilities beyond my typical fresh-watery scents, and I'd say this is my favorite scent to wear for the colder weather months.

It is warm, comforting, sweet, but not juvenile. It does have a sophistication to it. I do smell patchouli when I first spray it, but it drys down to be soft and gentle, and I don't notice the patchouli anymore. I love the way I smell with this... I sit there sniffing my wrists all the time when I have this on. And I'm made fun of. I'm okay with that. :-)

Now that the warm (read: hot Texas) weather is here, I'm not sure how often I'll use this scent. I really want to check out the LaVanila Lavender and Coconut versions because I hear they're good and they're probably a little more warm-weather-friendly, as this Pure Vanilla might be a little too warm and sweet for summer.

The packaging: the box is really cool, but the bottle is plain, as others have mentioned already. I kept my box and have it standing up right behind the bottle; that's about as pretty as I can make it.

on 4/19/2009 1:33:00 AM

I sampled this at Sephora- it's an ordinary non offensive vanilla- not too sweet generic vanilla smell. Not swoony worthy ,just OK. Lasting power is about 1-2 hours.

on 4/8/2009 5:29:00 PM

I bought this after walking around Sephora one day testing fragrances on paper etc. I came across the pure Vanilla and sprayed it on my wrists, I instantly thought yuck this is over powering, I then paid for my purchases and went to another store. The whole time I was in the other store I kept thinking "who's wearing that amazing purfume"(I totally forgot about spraying it on my wrists). I fianally realized it was me when I caught a whiff of my wrists as I raised it up to grap a dress off the rack. After about 10 minutes it settles into a Vanilla baby powder scent that I absolutly love. I ran out of the store back to sephora to buy it, also I went to the beach the other day and spent a few hours in the water when I came out my fiance asked me if I sprayed more purfume on it smells so wonderful even after being in salt water for hours and drying out in the sun. This has replaced my D&G The one as my favorite scent.

on 2/7/2009 5:49:00 PM

WoW! This smells good on everyone but me. After spraying it, I smelled like a man who just smoked a cigarette and burned a stick of Patchouli incense.

on 1/29/2009 9:56:00 PM

This perfume smells like Lush - Honey, I washed the Kids solid perfume, minus the bite that HIWTK has upon application. I was really happy about that because HIWTK is my favorite Lush smell. I ordered Pure Vanilla online without ever having smelled it, so I was crossing my fingers before I applied it, hoping for a winner. It doesn't smell very strongly of vanilla on me, but the scent is nice. It is very warm with a honey toffee scent. I hate patchouli and thankfully don't smell it at all on me. The bottle isn't anything spectacular, but the box it comes in is quite pretty. Overall, this is a nice scent and I would repurchase.

on 1/20/2009 8:37:00 PM

I think this is a very nice vanilla perfume. I'm not sure I love it as much as some of the other vanilla perfumes I've had, but very very nice nonetheless. Staying power is so-so. I don't really notice it a few hours in, but I'm sure it's still there. I would repurchase.

on 1/20/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is pleasant but breaks no new ground. It's a nice, cozy, inoffensive vanilla. It has nothing new to say, and probably shouldn't be worn by any woman over 25 (which includes me, by the way).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Oh my goodness, this fragrance is decadent! While Chanel Chance has been my hg fragrance this season, I started going back to my "this time of year makes me want something gourmand" fragrances. Therefore, I have been searching for a vanilla scent that isn't fake and uninteresting. Although some may say that this is "just another vanilla scent", on me it has a musky, warm drydown, that isn't overly sweet. I have so many different types of fragrances-"young" scents and more mature scents. I don't buy into the whole "you have to be a certain age to wear this"-I just wear what I like and what smells great on me.

Popular Fragrances