Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Pencil - Black

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/5/2007 7:35:00 PM

I got this for free at the drustore when I bought some Wet n' Wild trios. I used it today and wasn't impressed. The color isn't as dark black as I'm used to, and it has poor staying power. The color turned charcoal within some 3 hours and light gray in some 5 hours, by now it's almost all gone. I don't think I'll repurchase this eyeliner because for the money they cost I can buy Jordana eyeliners which are much better, IMO.

on 11/30/2006 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a so-so product. The color of this pencil is very good, a true black, not too stark, not too muted. It is also dirt cheap. It can achieve a precise line (if sharpened before each use) or a smudgy effect. After a few hours, though, the eyeliner smears due to my oily eyelids. Using powder over the liner does not prolong its staying power. This is odd because the other colors I have in Wet Ďní Wild have a firmer texture than the black one. It may be the formula. When sharpening it with my Sephora pencil sharpener, it would crumble. So I got the Stila Kajal Eye Pencil Sharpener ($2.50 at stilacosmetics.com) which is designed to sharpen softer pencils and I havenít had any crumbling problems. Next time, however, I will opt for something more durable. If oily lids are not your problem, then try this, itís only $1.

This eyeliner is pretty good for a basic, cheap black eyeliner. I like the NYC eyeliner better, but this one is pretty good as well if they don't have it. I don't like spending more money on eyeliners, because I always lose them.

UGH. Terrible. Won't even sharpen. Keeps on crumbling. Oh well. It was just 99 cents.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had used this eyeliner alot back then when i couldn't afford more pricer cosmetics and didn't no much about the better products out there. first of all the liner is very hard and sometimes it can hurt trying to put it on as it tugs on ur skin. the color isn't quite dark enough either, it looks more like a dark blue or grey versus black. which isn't wat im aiming for. it smudges off and disappears with the drop of a hat. i'd put it on and in about two hours maybe it'll start forming racoon eyes if i dont powder the area under it. and when u do that it only makes the liner look lighter, not good. but its great for a buck tho i'd still buy them as eyeliner backups when i lose one of my good ones but i had found out they test on animals. so im definitely not gonna be buying anymore of there products.

I like this for when I'm broke. It sharpens decently and the new formula's pretty good. I just wish the black was blacker. Oh well. That's why we have liquid.

on 3/1/2006 6:45:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner three times. The packaging is so simple you can make it yourself. It's only a plastic cap on top. One time I put it in my backpack and it got crushed. Easy application but smears off my asian eyes every now and then. I would only repurchase if I ran out of money because it's only a dollar.

on 9/14/2005 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was very easy to draw with, had a nice black color.
It smudges though.
also it is so easy to go thru these pencils because they are extremely soft and it keeps breaking when you sharpen it. It is terrible to sharpen. Most of it is wasted this way.

on 9/3/2005 9:55:00 AM

First of all, I would like to say that I have used this prodcut for years-I ahve not tried it for a day and thrown it away. I really liked it because it was so cheap and the color was so dark. Now, I kept on having to repurchase them because it would rub off in a few hours and after a while, it got chalky. Now, I think that its a better deal to buy a more expensive eyeliner, because this can add up. Anyways, it is very nicely pigmented, but it is really smudgy. Unless you want this to last for an hour, I suggest that you do not purchase it. Oh, and that plastic cover can break really easily too.

on 5/20/2005 1:47:00 PM

They reformulated the pencil and it is MUCH better than before, glides easier.