The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragaria ananassa (Natural Additive), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fragaria chiloensis (Strawberry Seed Oil) (Natural Additive), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Rosmarinus officinalis (Natural Additive), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The smell is very nice , I like it !

When I apply body shops body butter, my skin gets soo moustirized and the skin colour gets much better. I usually finish the box (200ml) , in 2-3 weeks, using it everyday after showering. So the product is a bit overpriced ! Too bad Body Shop doesnt have much sales

on 5/24/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Out of all the Body Shop butters, this may be my favorite scent. While it doesn't smell like an actual strawberry to me, it smells like a rich strawberry dessert or candy :)
It is less greasy, I think, than some of the other butters such as the coconut scent. I currently only have it in the smallest size, but I'll probably repurchase in the large size once my huge collection of Body Shop butters run out!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot believe I have not found these sooner! I remember looking at them in my mall's shop, but I always thought they were too expensive. And it's true, they are a bit on the expensive side, but compared to the lotions I have used in the past... spending almost $10 on a lotion that did NOTHING for my skin. Yeah, I'm definitely happy with the price as long as it works, and this stuff does!

Now, the smell is amazing, we all know this, it's just awesome, fresh strawberry scents with a hint of sweetness but nothing fake about it. Just like if you have a nice strawberries and cream dessert, smells amazing. Another thing... it's not as strong as Satsuma, so it won't offend anyone.

It is greasy, I'm just throwing that out there, but for me the greasiness is AWESOME! The other lotions I have tried have never been able to relieve my dry elbows, not even Eucerin and you should know that Eucerin cream is crazy thick and greasy. But nothing ever helped in the winter, and these body butters do the trick! Even my ezcema on my hand looks better and less scaly! I will definitely be purchasing again!

See my review of TBS's Satsuma for an idea of what I hate about the body butters; the same applies to this one. Cliff notes version: it's greasy as hell! However, as with the Satsuma, the scent on this is delicious. I smell ripe summer strawberries (can even smell the seeds!). There's a slight hint of plastic; think of those plastic, strawberry-scented toys you had as a kid. (Strawberry Shortcake?) Overall, though, it's quite an authentic strawberry scent, one of the best I've smelled in a strawberry-scented product. Still, would not purchase because of the grease factor.

on 2/29/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't greasy like some of the other Body Shop butter. It sinks in fast, but leaves the skin very soft. The smell is wonderful, like real strawberries. On the downside, it comes in a large tub, so it's not that hygienic.

on 1/30/2012 9:16:00 AM

OOhhhh! This is 1 of my fav body butter till date.I'd never run out of dis delicious smelling butter. It does wonders 2 my skin and gives a glow during winters as its a deep deep hydrating butter based cream. :) Not to forget d yummmmmy smell.My hubby loves it 2 !!! On me dat is! ;) <3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I never bought any of The Body Shop's body butters ever in my life until this December because I always found them to be way overpriced. Then I wondered in while Christmas shopping, was given a coupon thingy for BOGO free anything in the store and being a cheap ass, only bought 2 of the mini trial/travel/whatever versions of this. But then... I was hooked.
It smells so good! Like a real authentic strawberry scent. None of that gross strawberry candy scent that most strawberry scents are. I like the texture of this stuff too... and it absorbs fast. The scent doesn't linger around for a super long time which might be good or bad depending on your preference of smelling like a strawberry. But at any rate the experience of putting it on is yummy and happy.
After using up the minis I headed back and ended up buying a strawberry gift set. I can see myself converting to buying full sized versions of the strawberry body butter now. Damn you Body Shop and your BOGO coupon. The only real downside I can find... is this crap is too darn expensive.

on 12/21/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This body butter leaves my skin so soft, it really moisturize, and lovely strawberry fragranced!!! smells so yummy....! ;) good after taking a shower!

on 11/9/2011 6:35:00 PM

smells great,oily,but a perfect combination if you have a really dry skin,especially in feet area,but the price is quite pricey here,

on 10/23/2011 8:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is my 2nd time buying this. i really dont get the hate, i think this product is awesome! it makes my skin feels moist and smells soooooooo good for hours!!! and after putting this on my legs n arms, my room smels soooo good! even mymum said so :P although it is a body butter, the feel of this is a little stickier and thicker basically, so i wouldnt wear it if im wearing something tight, like tight long sleeve or jeans or thicker tights, but stockings are still ok :) although i might get the coca or the moringa or the olive or vit e next time, since the reviews for those r pretty good too.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products