Dior Dune EDT

3.6

I'm in love! This perfume lasts forever ... it's powdery, comforting, beautiful and unique. Dior says it's for daytime use, but I prefer it for evening wear. I get a similar feeling with DK Cashmere Mist (another powdery fav) although they smell very different from each other.

on 1/9/2008 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I was a kid, this was always my favorite perfume. I was big into buying magazines and this was in samples inside them. It's one of my all time favorites and brings back those memories of flipping through glossy fashion mags and smelling all the latest perfumes. Back when I had a fascination for those things because they were new and exciting. Dune is fresh and warm at the same time, it's a sophisticated fragrance that I've adored for a long time. Like sand and the sun on a hot beach.

on 12/13/2007 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've worn this on and off for the last 10 years. It's a bit strong at first but dries down to a sweet mix of spice and soft musk. As another reviewer said - it's a bit hard to describe, so you could call it mysterious. I get compliments on it regularly. However, over the last year or so, I find that it causes me to sneeze if I wear it too many days in a row. Nevertheless, it's a staple in my collection.

on 11/19/2007 2:50:00 PM

This is a very mature, sexy and exotic scent. I can detect hints of vanilla and some sort of liquor.(Bourbon maybe)
I find this a little too heavy for me to use as a everyday scent.. dosen't go well with my wardrobe I guess. (I'm 20 but I still dress like a highschooler) This is probably more suitable for evening wear. Though this is a great Dior fragrance, I probably wouldn't buy this again. Like I mentioned before, too mature for me. I'd probably get j'adore (or Addict)though!

on 11/18/2007 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I have Viv Westwood's Boudoir on one hand and smelling Dune on the other. I think these scents are related but if you have a hard time with the muskiness notes of Boudoir, you may really like Dune. I certainly fall into this category. I do find it best in the summer.....it smells like a breezy day to me. Also smells like Campari tastes but without any bitterness--sort of like Captain Morgan's spiced rum tastes in a favorite drink of mine, Dark and Stormy (capn morgan's and blenheim's spicy gingerale). It has its own effervescence which is the refreshing summery part--I believe this is the powdery base in the scent--and yet it's not cloying in the least. EDT has excellent lasting power, and the parfum even more so. Parfum is definitely less jovial, I actually prefer edt. Save the bucks and spring for edt, parfum lasts about as long.

I think Dune is amazing! As someone else mentioned, it is described as a 'beachy' fragrance - however to me, it's beachy in terms of sand dunes and windy, salty beach air. Dune really has the ability to take you away to another time and place with this fragrance. The scent is quite hard to describe...it's vastly different from any other fragrance that I've ever come across and to me, is quite magical. If you like light fruity fragrances, then you probably won't like Dune. If you like florals you probably won't like Dune either. If you like something unique and a bit left of centre, this is definitely worth a try....

on 10/14/2007 12:47:00 PM

I never actually bought Dune but got to try it on as I had a free sample and I hate it! It's too strong and overpowering for my taste.

on 10/3/2007 12:42:00 AM

Of all the fragrances in my collection (and there are many), Dune stands out as being the love of my life to date. I discovered this perfume in a beach house on Martha's Vineyard, sitting on a rattan couch, reading a fashion magazine. I was sixteen. The smell: spicy, sweet, salty, amazing, from the glossy pages made me twitchy it was so good. It is still the only perfume I have ever had that sort of immediate reaction to. I bought it as soon as I was off that island and back at home and my love affair with it continued for five years. It is the only fragrance I have ever owned multiple bottles of and though time has passed and there have been years when I have reached for it not at all, this is still the only perfume that reminds me of myself and my life. It is memory, not perfumed water, in a bottle for me and it is perhaps because it is so poignant that I had to step away from it. It certainly takes me back to all of my firsts, however good or bad, and in particular to that lazy, salty summer on Martha's Vineyard.

on 8/30/2007 10:39:00 AM

Dune is one of the few perfumes where I have owned multiple bottles. I tend to be very fickle, wearing perfumes that suit my differing moods, but Dune lasts the test of time. I never realized it was originally marketed as a "beachy" scent, for on me there are no marine notes whatsoever. It is a dry, woodsy musk with just a hint of floral. It is a very warm scent, and I do associate it with sand dunes and sunshine. That said, it's a very strong scent and suited perfectly for the milder seasons of Spring and Autumn. As far as it being "old ladyish", I suppose that is a matter of perspective; I was a young woman when I first discovered it, and it was one of my first "grown up" perfumes. So I suppose instead of "old lady" is could be described as "mature". lol!

on 8/16/2007 9:36:00 AM

A wonderful, spicy yet fresh scent. Can be used day or night. Even though it's a couple of years old the fragrance is still modern and timeless. Elegant and feminine, exciting and warm. I like it and have just ordered it from my mom to buy it on the airport when she's going on vacation.

UPDATED: The fragrance doesnt smell nice on me at all! It almost smells like a menīs cologne. But on other people it still smells nice though. It took of 2 lippies for this. Will not buy again and the old bottle, I sold it on Ebay.

Popular Fragrances