Lancome L -extreme Mascara

3.7

AQUA / WATER / EAU, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, PALMITIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TALC, PTFE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SIMETHICONE, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, MYRISTIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, RAYON, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, HYDROXYPROPYL CHITOSAN, PANTHENOL, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, ACRYLATES/VP COPOLYMER, BHT, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA]

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Ive worn this product for the past 2 and half years. Ive loved it and will probably always have it in my makeup bag. To me it is the only mascara that lengthens, lengthens with curl and gives me volume and lasts

on 12/30/2009 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

What a disappointment after Définicils! The brush is too big, and I just can't seem to be able to apply the mascara without some of it ending on my eyelids. Additionally, this mascara provides zero lengthening. It just provides a bit of colour, even with several coats. It doesn't clump lashes together when applied, neither does it flake or smudge during the day, so that's a plus. And as always, Lancome mascara never irritate my sensitive eyes. But all in all, L'extreme is very inferior compared to Définicils. Luckily I got to test the mascara from a friend. Won't be buying for myself.

on 12/6/2009 2:17:00 PM

I bought the waterproof version of this mascara. LENGTHEN is the word for this mascara. It does exactly that and Only that.
This mascara really adds length to the lashes. It has staying power and it looks very natural. It smudges a little (but very little) after long hours.

For those who wants volume, this may not be the right mascara, but for those who wants length, this is fabulous! I very much reccomend it! I have been using it for 4 months and it hasn't dried out. :)
I always curl my eyelashes beforehand with shu uemura's eyecurler, both works really well together.

It doesn't cause any fall out for the lashes, I love the packaging. The only downside is that it's quite pricey. Nonetheless it is a very good buy and I'd definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love how it holds the curl and lengthen the lashes! now, if only it would volumize as well! but alas...I am still looking for such a WONDER product~!

Considering my oily lids, the waterproof version of this one still smudges a bit for me~ but I would say it would go a good 4 hrs before smudging, which is pretty impressive considering my oily lids!! A primer certainly helps~~!

when I use on clients, I'd have to scoop it out, so in my dreamland I would like the neck of the tube to be wider for access other than a brush or spoolie. But that's my only complaint about the packaging. Price, I think, is still expensive~ but I would rather buy this than have raccoon eyes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my daytime/regular use mascara. Its pretty good, gives lots of length and coats evenly. The packaging is a nice interesting shape. I'll keep going to back to this even if its a little on the pricey side.

on 9/16/2009 6:52:00 PM

This is a review for Lancome's L'Extreme mascara in black.

I have a sample size of this. Today I put this on and... wow... I only buy drugstore makeup, but this made me want to buy department store! There was no clumping, and my "naturally clumping" eyelashes (they grow in strange directions) looked separated! How does it do that?! They looked really long. They looked like natural falsies. (I have moderate to sparse lashes.) I took off a lippie because it took all the curl out of my curled lashes. :( And I don't want to curl after applying mascara because there's greater chance of the lashes breaking.

on 9/16/2009 4:22:00 PM

Keep turning back to this. It lengthens and defines. I wish it volumized more. Easy to apply and stays well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros:
Great length
Nice and Black
Overall nice

Cons:
the bristles on the brush are hard
expensive

The Bottom Line:
I got this as a sample and I really like it. I think that it is a nice mascara, but as I am a teenager I dont have the time or money to go around buying HE mascara

on 9/13/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is a really good mascara, It makes my eyelashes so much bigger than what they are

on 8/14/2009 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG mascara. I use the waterproof version. This lengthens my lashes without clumping or flaking. The colour lasts all day, which is a necessity for me as my lashes are blond and it looks awful when only parts of my lashes are black by the end of the day. The price is a bit high, but a tube of this actually lasts me for three months without drying out or becoming funky beforehand like a lot of other brands I have used. My lashes are relatively curly to begin with, so I can't speak to how this works for those who need to curl their lashes, but I find this mascara does not weigh them down or make them look like creepy spider legs. I will buy this again and again without a doubt!

Popular Mascaras