Olay Active Hydrating Cream - Original

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, petrolatum, cyclopentasiloxane, stearyl alcohol, isopropyl palmitate, dimethicone, carbomer, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium hydroxide, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, EDTA, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, fragrance, titanium dioxide, red 4.

I have combo oily skin if I use the wrong type of moisturizer my t-zone gets completely oily beyond control. I really like this moisturizer I use it right after I get out the shower & on a clean face before using makeup, it goes on lovely it does feel like it would be oily but as soon as your skin absorbs the product it appears matte. I love using it under my makeup it works wonders for me. I've been using this for about three months no breakouts no reactions I've bought one about every month which isnt that bad since it's only 10 dollars. I've tried almost every drugstore and high end moisturizer for oily skin and none have worked as well as this one I think it might be the fact that it's JUST a moisturizer nothing more, no wrinkle reducers, ance medication, it's JUST a moisturizer. This has become a staple in my makeup kit. Hope this was helpful.

I use this in the morning and it's a nice hydrating cream. It leaves my skin matte so there's no oily or greasy look before putting on makeup. And it provides continous moisture throughout the day so I don't feel like I need to reapply moisturizer. My only beef would be the scent is a little too strong reminds me of baby powder but I can live with that.

on 5/20/2010 7:59:00 PM

My face gets very dry and flakey around my nose and on my chin. I have tryed a few things and found that this works the best for me.

on 4/18/2010 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to be enchanted by this product 'cuz I've always loved Olay for its price and quality. To me, this one smells powdery...in a good way and the cream texture is not too light not too heavy. However, there's something not hydrating enough for my face. I live in a humid place but still have dry skin. When I use this as a night cream, I wake up in the morning with a bit oily face, but when I wash my face, it goes dry and flaky.

on 4/15/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I went on a cruise last year and realized, before I got the ship, that I had forgotten to pack my moisturizer (Olay Active Hydrating Lotion...in the bottle). We ran to a CVS and found the cream. I didn't realize they had it in a cream so I thought it would be great for night time use.

This cream is very rich. I don't know how it's active, but it definitely IS HYDRATING. I wouldn't recommend it to someone living in a humid region because I wore this in Mexico and I could feel it on my skin throughout the day. And although it's rich...it feels nice when you apply it. Very cooling and moisturizing. Great for dry skin. If you've got super oily skin, I probably wouldn't wear it during the summer...and I'd probably stick to the lotion formula for during the day....but it's definitely a must-try if you're looking for a great basic moisturizer for thirsty skin. Yes, it does come in a jar, but if you're like me and don't have a problem with that, then you'll enjoy it. The smell is pleasant in my book! I love that they still have the original!

on 4/3/2010 4:10:00 AM

I really do love this cream. It is not greasy at all, and glides on like a dream. It keeps my face moisturized throughout the day, and over the past couple of weeks i've been using it consecutively, my skin naturally feels softer and looks more radiant. I can apply a lot of this cream to my sensitive, sometimes dry and sometimes oily skin, and never look greasy. It doesn't break me out, and has a silght cooling sensation.
It beats the SPF complete moisturizer, as it is much richer, and much more soothing and moisturizing without being overly thick and greasy.
Love it. I have a backup jar.
Plus, it smells great - the classic olay smell, and the moisturizer is pink! What more could a girl ask for?

I'm 15 years old, and I don't have any problems with this moisturizer. It doesn't smell like its for older people or anything. I got a couple of friends into using it too, and they all love it. Go ahead and try it. If it doesn't work well on your face, its great for dry spots around the heels and elbows.

Love it :)

on 3/25/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had run out of moisturizer and was waiting for my "pricier" moisturizer to arrive in the mail. I saw this in the drugstore and thought I'd give it a try because it was so inexpensive. I am very pleasantly surprised at how much I really like this cream. In fact, I'm using this now instead of the more expensive one!

on 3/11/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think its a good moisturizer. It makes my face very supple and has a fresh look to it. The scent is sort of like baby lotion, but its occasionally a little strong. Even though I dislike pink, it kind of grew on me (well only this product). Since I do have acne prone skin on some days/ months, I need a good moisturizer to keep it fresh the whole day. I been using this for quite a while, and I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon. Beside it is cheap price =]

Good luck Everyone

on 2/23/2010 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This was an unexpected disappointment. For one, it is not hydrating at all. There is nothing "active" about it and you would think that because it has mineral oil in it, it would do something at least. No, it does nothing. My skin is incredibly dry with it. Oh and it's LOADED with cones... it just leaves skin feeling unnaturally smooth. And you can even tell it's loaded when you apply it. And it slightly breaks me out too, which is rare. To top it off, it is EXTREMELY fragranced. I can take mostly anything, but this really pushes the envelope. It is a mix of overly feminine, hotel, and soap. And it is just so strong! And it lingers too.

So, what do we have here? A non-hydrating cream loaded with cones that breaks me out and smells ridiculous. 1 lip.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used this moisturizer all through my college years as a night cream when I was financially challenged and it was a good and inexpensive moisturizer but for some odd reason it stop working for me, so I moved on to other moisturizers.

However, if you are in the market for a good quality and inexpensive facial moisturizer you may want to consider this product as a viable option.

Popular Moisturizers