MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 11/12/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite red lipstick ever, HANDS DOWN. Ruby woo is a very vivid bright blue based matte lipstick. This lipstick looks like velvet on the lips and the finish is amazing, it's super matte and that's what I love about it. It stays on all day and I rarely have too touch up throughout the day. This is a one of a kind red and I feel so confident and beautiful when I wear it. I always get compliments on this lipstick. Ruby Woo also looks good on EVERYONE. It doesn't matter if you have very pale skin or very dark skin because this lipstick makes everyone look stunning. I would defenitly reccomend this lipstick too anyone who's looking for a kick ass matte red. ps ; mac lipsticks smell amazing!!

on 11/12/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my favourite lipsticks. The best part about this product is that anyone can use it regardless of their skin tone. It's really red, it lasts, it's matte which is a plus in my book. It's a must have I made all my friends get it heehee.

on 11/10/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My very first MAC lipstick. I have been wearing Ruby Woo for years and it is still my favorite. It is a bright true red that looks absolutely stunning on me. I always get compliments when I wear this lipstick especially from men lol. It is sexy! It is quite dry so I advise that lips are exfoliated and moisturized before application. This is the perfect lipstick to wear if you want to not worry about reapplying and touching up, it really stays put. No bleeding. No smudging off. No kissing off lol. Ruby Woo is most definitely a MUST HAVE! Everyone should own it ;)

ps. I sometimes pair it with MAC's Cherry, Vino or Currant lip liner.

Altough it feels (and it is) very drying on the lips, it doesn't break my lips as other lipstick do. It stays on for a really long time (needs a bit of re-applying after eating but I think it's quite normal) and it's a gorgeous shade for me.

on 11/8/2014 9:29:00 AM

This lipstick is amazing. It is the best lipstick I have ever put on and I would recommend it to anyone. When I decided to get Ruby Woo, I was thinking more about how it would look on me than it being a cult favorite. I also own Media and Cyber- which are also two awesome colors! Ruby Woo is my favorite of the three (and counting) that I own! I decided to start with MAC for higher end lipsticks because I just had a good feeling that I would fall in love with their formulas! Which I did, of course! If you do not have this shade, PLEASE GO GET IT! You will not regret it, I promise! I do love the Matte formula too, it feels as though there is no product on my lips at all and I still have a beautiful red shade on them! I like that it looks velvet-y. I was never one for really loving glossy looks that much anyways so if you're like me and you want a red lipstick that will look amazing, I urge you to stop what you are doing now and get to the MAC counter or buy it online.

on 11/8/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Finally got that MAC red lipstick that EVERYONE raves about and it was definitely upto the expectations. It looks ah-mazing on me! (olive/indian + tanned skin). It's the perfect red for any time of the day (college / work / just out and about) . Love the matte finish. If you find that your lips feels very dry during application just put on some vaseline before applying the lipstick to prep your lips. I'll definitely be buying this shade over and over again!

on 11/3/2014 6:11:00 AM

my first MAC lipstick and it is sent from heaven.
true one of a kind red that suits everybody.
it is maybe little dry, but i really like it that way, before & after using it, i apply balsam on my lips so they won't go dry.

perfect!

on 11/2/2014 3:00:00 PM

I love my Mac lipsticks! I have far too many in every colour and finish. However, this one - I feel - is the most overrated. It left my lips dry and patchy within a few hours wear which is unusual for Mac lipsticks, I usually don't even have to bother wearing a lip primer. If you like red lips, then obviously when you buy Mac, you know the pigment is going to be fantastic, but don't expect it to wear brilliantly - there are better ones out there.

on 10/31/2014 11:48:00 AM

Wasnt red but dark pink on me; too drying. Shame as i love Mac lipsticks.

on 10/22/2014 5:16:00 PM

the best red ever!! People say its drying but I don't think so. live a life of exfoliated lips!

Popular Lipsticks