OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 5/23/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this colour done at a salon and I was sold. It's a great neutral that I would use when I don't know what to put on but want to paint my nails. It kinda looks like patent nude ballet flats on me (my hands are NC25-30)

It's a colour that's conservative but not boring. I find light pinks and those bridal collections too boring and flat. I think thi is far more sophisticated than pink.

on 5/22/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

On me, this has no hint of pink whatsoever, but that's because my nails have a naturally pink tint to them. This is a great sheer nude that goes with everything. I agree with everybody here on that Samoan Sand goes with every skin tone. I also layer Samoan Sand on top of other colours to tone them down. I've been loving the combination of Barefoot In Barcelona + Samoan Sand on top. Try it out!

on 5/11/2011 10:16:00 PM

Samoan sand was a little bit lighter compared to my skin but the color was still so beautiful. Personally, it looked better on my toes than on my hands but I still loved the color because it was a perfect nude summer color. Samaon Sand has definitely become one of my favourite OPI nail polishes. I tried looking for the best nude color nail polish that would match, and this one has topped my list. It matches all skintones even though it wasn't a pure match. The sand-like color just made it so original it would stand out.

This true beige creme was slightly more opaque than I expected. I'm used to wearing semi-sheer pinks like Essie's Sugar Daddy or Mademoiselle but wanted a non-pink, pale neutral. Gorgeous on tips and, believe it or not, toes; gives a polished look that's sexy with open-toed sandals in the summer. :-)

on 5/8/2011 9:23:00 PM

I have just purchased this, and it is a beautiful beige-pink toned polish.

As with all OPI polishes, it is creamy, no streaks and very professional looking once applied properly.

I did find that this was a touch more translucent than I had anticipated, but definitely the right colour. I simply put 3 coats on (letting each dry properly in between).

Love and will buy again :)

on 5/7/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A very nice creme nude polish with pinky beige undertones that is non-streaky and very easy to apply. It's a little sheer but I think this works in its favour because you can use this polish two ways; worn sheer and as a base for a French manicure or layered for an opaque, nude coverage. One of the nicest nudes I've ever tried! I want to see how Essie's Topless & Barefoot and Sand Tropez compare to this.

on 4/30/2011 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have been looking for a polish just like this one for over a year. From all the swatches I found googling it, I was hesitant & honestly didn't really like it. I am SO SO SO happy I went ahead and got it. You can go from 1 coat to looking super natural (better than just a clear glossy look) to about 4 coats to looking super opaque. That is what I love about this polish. I personally like it at about 2 coats which make it look more natural & beautiful. Would recommend to anyone who wants the perfect nude color that is semi-sheer & can be built up.

on 4/10/2011 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A single layer all over the nails, with the addition of white polish on the tips, gives the perfect French manicure. 3 coats of Samoan Sand and a top coat gives a classy everyday nude nail look which is appropriate for school and work. To play it up, I apply 2-3 coats and paint on various designs (checkers, flowers, etc) because this color is just so versatile. It's not streaky (dries on smooth) and does not chip easily with a top coat. Definitely worth the investment.

I had this in my collection for a few years now, but I have never worn it until recently. I've been sick and tired of the pinks and reds that I usually gravitate to so I moved to blues, greens and dark colors but that phase was over soon. I then just looked over my stash of nail polishes to find something different to fit my very unstable mood. I decided to try this because it was the only nude in my collection and it wasn't either bright, boring or dark. I was never a fan of the trend but I wanted to give it a try and that I don't regret. I'm an NC30/35 in MAC and it looks great on my skin and I think it would look even nicer on a darker skin-tone. The downside is that you need an application of 3 thick coats for an opaque appearance. It's a cream finish and dries with a very glossy finish. It can be a bit streaky and tricky to work with but it dries quickly and doesn't chip easily even without a top coat. It works wonders for those days when your nails aren't looking their best because it makes your nails look like their long and nicely shaped for some reason. Some of my nails naturally grow to a more rounded shape on the edges and some grow squared round the edges and bright colors and darks can make my nails look MORE uneven but with this color, my nails blend in with each other more (if that makes sense?). The application can be problematic since I've noticed that with 3 coats, the nail polish on some of the nails still looks more opaque than others. If you're wondering if it does make your fingers look thinner then I have good news for you. It does make them look much thinner and longer! Overall, It's a gorgeous color and I would definitely recommend it!

on 3/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG of all nudes. Ive tried many nudes from OPI and this is the best. Ive tried malaysian mist(too peachy) barefoot in barcelona (too brown) tickle my fran-cy(too corpse like) dulce de leche (2nd fave nude) samoan sand applies streak free and after 3 coats its opaque. It dries fast and wears very well with the OPI topcoat. Would def buy again and recommend.

Top Rated OPI Products