CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 7/11/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm surprised at how much I like this product and how underrated it is. I have combination/oily, red, and mildly acne prone skin (I frequently get small white heads and the occasional deep raging pimple). I typically have a difficult time removing all of my makeup with just a cleanser and no remover but just two pumps of CeraVe does a fantastic job of thoroughly cleansing my entire face. It does not leave it irritated and tight (as most oil targeting cleaners I've tried do) and I have had a noticeable improvement in the redness of my cheeks. It is a little more on the expensive side of drugstore cleansers (around $13) but it is not plastered with tons of ridiculous gimmick ingredients and I appreciate how gentle it is and how significantly less oily my skin is becoming (especially in the midst of summer). As someone who hardly buys the same cleanser twice, I would most likely buy this again.

on 7/11/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this facial cleanser after seeing many positive reviews. I have combination skin, oily and dry, oh and eczema so you know my skin is SUPER dry. Unfortunately, I guess I am sensitive to some of the ingredients in Cerave, it gave me horrible clogged/congested pores, and made my face itchy even after I moisturized it. Last night instead of using the cerave foaming wash I went back to my Neutrogena Fresh foaming cleanser and overnight my skin recovered so much.

on 7/6/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after saw good reviews. unfortunately it gave me horrible break outs even from the first time using it. Now I only use it to clean my make up brush. If you have acne prone skins stay away from CERAVE

on 7/4/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After hearing and reading good reviews on this product I decided to purchase it. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. i liked the packaging. it came with a pump that you can open and lock. The cleanser had no scent and would foam up very nicely. It removed my makeup. I started breaking out by the next day I thought it was normal but for two weeks I saw new pimples. i decided to buy the cerave moisturing lotion to see if it would help. It made it worst so returned both items. Very disappointed.

on 6/30/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cerave is one of the brands that is no-fuss no-muss. It isn't the prettiest looking container, but it always gets the job done. My dermatologist recommended I use this product if I didn't feel like spending a ton of money on a cleanser. I like to cut corners financially w my cleansers so that way I save the money to put towards the overnight creams, serums etc. I didn't notice any kind of scent and I keep returning to it over and over again.

on 6/28/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I was really liking this cleanser a lot. It seems to remove everything so well from my face and foams good but it broke me out. Big bummer.

on 6/28/2014 12:58:00 AM

I like to use this during the hotter, humid months here in Florida. During the winter, or someone with dry skin probably would be too drying. But in these summer/fall months it helps to keep me oil-free for a bit longer than without it. I also prefer to use this at night if I had a lot of makeup and pair it with CeraVe's Moisturizing Cream.

Texture: Clear, sticky (not overly) gel-like consistency. It works the best if the face is really wet and I put a little bit of water in my hands and foam it up there a bit first. Otherwise, not so much foaming.

Scent: Not noticable.

Finish: Leaves my face feeling clean but not tight. Just right.

Effects: Paired with a moisturizers afterwords my face feels very soft and smooth. Not dry or tight but not greasy/shiny. I have less breakouts and clearer looking skin.

I love CeraVe! My skin hasn't looked this healthy and clear for years! I wish I had tried these products first before the "higher end" one's and saved a lot of money.

on 6/23/2014 10:59:00 AM

I have always had dry cheeks and a somewhat oily nose, chin, and forehead. Hydrating cleansers dont make my skin feel clean and oil eliminating cleansers are too drying for me. This is the perfect combination. At first, I broke out in little bumps on my forehead, but with time I have the best skin I have ever had during my teen years. Also, the bottle lasts forever!

on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Picked this up trying to find a cheaper alternative to Purity. The previous reviewer had success but unfortunately I did not. My aging skin is normal - dry and this stuff seems geared towards normal - oily. I was left feeling a little drier then I am used to. Also my skin felt slightly tacky afterwards. I don't think it's a bad product at all. Liked that it's easy to find and affordable but it just didn't work for my particular skin at this time. If your skin is like mine I use Purity when I wear make-up and have great results but I also use Derma-E hydrating cleanser and highly recommend that one if this product didn't work for you.

on 6/9/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Replaced Purity
I used Purity for years, then I started my search for a cleanser that I could pick up at the drug store. I tried this cleanser after reading all of the great reviews, and they are right. This is a great, gently cleanser. It removes my makeup without stripping my skin. I have been using this product for a few years now, and I never even consider trying anything else.