Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

3.8

on 9/30/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My lashes are of a medium length and I look for mascara that can separate, lengthen, curl and style my lashes. The Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara is a lovely and luxurious product that works for the minimal application I apply to my outer lashes.

The formula is lengthening, volumizing and curling and it lives up to its word although I do recommend using a lash curler before applying to product. This mascara lasts all day and adheres to the lashes well, but by the end of the day I do notice that some of the mascara has flaked off my lower lashes so I would not recommend this to anyone who wears heavy mascara on their lower lashes.

The wand is wonderful, I can feel it separate my lashes while distributing the ideal amount of mascara.

Overall I enjoy the mascara.

on 9/29/2012 2:12:00 PM

This mascara is my favourite, the brush is not too thick so it reaches all lashes and has good coverage. I have noticed that it enlongates the lashes and also makes them more thicker, so basic job of the mascara is done. However it takes it's time to dry and sometimes ends up leaving black marks under my eyes if my lashes touch there! This is annoying however I love the natural effect of the mascara so probably will buy it again!

on 9/25/2012 5:40:00 PM

This makes my lashes suuuuper long. It's not especially volumizing, but more so than Benefit's They're Real. On my tiny Asian lashes, though, every itsy bit helps. It's not the most natural looking lash, but given that my natural lashes are invisible, that's ok.

on 8/16/2012 3:28:00 AM

I had a sample of this mascara and I really really liked it. It has a nice volumizing, lenghtening effect and is really intensely black, and the best part: It doesn´t flake at all during the whole day and evening. Great Mascara, I consider buying a full size. Just one lippie off for the price.

on 8/15/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It is damp dont buy it I am writing because I dont want anyone get disappointed as me. I just wanted throw it away and it doesnt deserve a pound.

on 8/3/2012 8:34:00 PM

I have been searching for a mascara that would wear all day and through a hot yoga class without smudging of flaking. Seems like a tall order and for about 2-3 weeks I can have that in the form of Trish Mcevoy's volume or curling mascaras. After that, it starts to flake. This is also quite costly and so I am always searching. This Chanel one, the SA assured me would live up to my wish list and supposedly would last for a couple of months. It did apply nicely and gave a good effect, but flaked within an hour and continued to leave specks all day. Back to the drawing board for me..

on 7/26/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is my absolute favorite mascara. The consistency of the formula is the only one that can make my sparse lashes look very full without weighing the hairs down.Yes, it's expensive - one lippie off for that! - that's why I only use it for special occasions and when I feel like I need a confidence boost.

on 6/22/2012 5:10:00 AM

Clumpy, average, expensive! There are many better ones out there...

on 6/22/2012 4:04:00 AM

This is actually for the Chanel Inimitable Extreme mascara.

-> first of all I did not get the extreme volume that was promised. My eyelashes were looking "spidery" which was a big turnoff.

-> WORST OF ALL, my eyelashes started falling off (and same for my mom). I went to the Chanel counter but all the solace I got was I should use one of their expensive mascara removers. Excuse me? What about the eyelashes that ARE GONE? I won't pay more $$$ for your bullshit products.

on 6/20/2012 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have tried so many mascaras from cheap drugstore to expensive department store brands and I must say this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. My list is very short when it comes to great mascaras and this one is on that list. I already have long and fairly thick lashes to begin with but one pass of this and it looks dramatic. Maybe even a bit dramatic for daytime as it gave my lashes an extra boost of length and body without clumping or grouping. Most mascaras I've used always clump and group my lashes into sections even with one swipe and it didn't matter if it was expensive or not. The results were always the same. I was surprised when this one actually separated my lashes nicely. I was asked on two separate occasions if I was wearing false lashes when wearing this. I don't know how it looks with 2 coats as one coat was more than enough for me. The rubber bristles is easy to use and doesn't deposit too much product on lashes. Lasted all day without flaking or smudging on my oily lids. At $30 a pop it's expensive but I don't use it everyday so it may last a while. I may repurchase when it runs out though.

Popular Mascaras