Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 4/23/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

1. Very thin pads, like onion skin thin.
2. Reeks. Gave me a headache.
3. failed in completely removing mascara

on 3/26/2012 12:49:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it takes off all of your eye makeup, even the tough waterproof stuff. It doesn't leave a nasty oil residue that makes your eyes all shiny, either, like some makeup removers. On the other hand, it stings my eyes. Maybe it's just me, because I have very sensitive eyes, but I have to try VERY hard not to get it into my eyes or else it stings like crazy. I can't find anything else that works as well, though, so until I do, I'll be buying this.

on 3/9/2012 7:23:00 PM

I love this makeup remover. *Non-Oily is key. When I open it, I take all the pads out, keep them in the stack, and flip them over- because the ones on the bottom have been more saturated with the product than the top ones, from shelf time. It also helps because if you use them just as you open it, you may feel like you have to "scrub" harder to get your makeup off, aggravating your skin more.

on 2/6/2012 12:19:00 AM

I got these on a complete whim at Ulta at those pesky, tempting bins they have with discounted products. Gets me every time! Well, these essentially made my eyes burn like no other, and I'm used to having uncomfortable eyes because I've worn contacts for 8 years. The pain was definitely not worth what it took off in makeup. I'll just stick to my travel sizes of Clinique's Take Off The Day.

on 2/5/2012 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My container says Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads, but i'm guessing it's the same product as this one.
I screwed open the jar lid, pulled off the seal... and the top pads were not particularly moist - damp, but insufficiently moist. I was wearing powder eye shadow (no primer), non-waterproof mascara, and liquid eyeliner. I used at least 6 pads, and there was STILL eye shadow on my eyes. After i used over a dozen, the pads further in were moister. I know to keep opened jars of skin care pads upside down to keep the top ones moist, but i expected that in a sealed and never before opened jar the top ones would not be so dry. Even the moister ones were not good at removing the eyeshadow, and didn't even begin to touch the ordinary mascara or the eyeliner.
They did not irritate my sensitive eyes, but that doesn't make them worth keeping.
This was yet another FAIL and it's going back to CVS. I'm still seeking a good eye makeup remover.

on 1/29/2012 5:04:00 PM

Wow, I can't tolerate nearly any eye makeup remover. Seriously. Thank god I bought the tiny travel size of these pads at Ulta, just to try out, because they made my eyes sting and water like nobody's business. Ouch! I was so suprised, too, being an Almay product. Oh well. Immediate trashbin.

on 12/29/2011 1:31:00 PM

I know that the package says non oily but I do not think that is compleatly true. In fact theyWERE oily. I will never be buying these ever again. hit yes under this comment if you agree with me.

on 12/3/2011 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using these for a couple of months now, and can't say I really care for them. They have only been marginally decent at removing my mascara and eyeshadow, not primer or concealer and that is if I really put pressure on the pads. This causes too much pulling on my skin. I find the pads to have an irritating texture because they aren't smooth, and so they scratch at my skin.

on 11/17/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used these for 4 years. I mostly just wear mascara, and started buying them while using a mascara that would never come off with just face wash. I switch mascaras a bit, but still use these if there's a little bit of waxy residue from my mascara. I also sometimes use them to take off face makeup...at some point I realized they didn't break out my seriously acne problem skin. I've tried the towelettes, but they did make me break out.
These remove eye makeup very well. They don't sting or burn, and they are not greasy.
You can also frequently find them in 2 for 1 packages or in "% extra" tubs. I don't think I've ever bought it at normal price...

After years of using Lancome Bifacil and Avon's eye makeup remover, I queried the board and learned this was HG for most of them! Good Housekeeping magazine gave them top award for this category so those reviews were good enough for me!

First, they have these wet round cottons in a nice, small plastic round container, not a package with a sticky to join it or close it. So economy-wise this was ideal for my small cramped medicine chest in the bathroom.

Second, one round can do both eyes! Just flip it over, and fold it for more substance and yes, it does remove hard-to-remove eye makeup. For instance, I use primer potion by Urban Decay and ordinarily soap and water just cannot erase that oily mess. These rounds not only removed the makeup around the eye, but they did not sting, nor did they leave any oily residue!

They have these in quantity of 120 for $8. It was a very good deal!