Beyoncé Heat

3.2

on 4/5/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: Well, I changed my rating from 4 to 5. This fragrance is addictive! Once it sets, it's sultry, mysterious, and warm like sunset. ORIGINAL:
I bought this because I was drawn to its bottle. I've been a "celebrity scent" virgin until this purchase, even though I own literally hundreds of fragrances. The bottle looks Victorian-inspired, and it glows a gorgeous crimson. I was having one of those days when an exhausted mother of three needs a little something for cheering up, and I became mesmerized by the bright shiny crystalline bottle. My weakness for ruby red overcame my lack of interest in a product that calls to mind a stunningly gorgeous pop star competing with others of her species during mating season. When I tested Heat, I expected it to be a generic juice-box type scent with something "sexy" added (all in a temptress bottle). At first, it is just that. However, after about 20 minutes this fragrance is very enjoyable to me. I've worn it every day for a week, (including layers of exfoliating body wash and hand cream that came in a gift "kit" that was on sale), and my husband has yet to comment on it, assuming he's noticed it. I haven't yet told him it's Beyonce's fragrance, because probably his drooling would get in the way of his honest fragrance appreciation. To me, Heat is a shimmering, warm scent, and its notes are hard to categorize. It's an almost floral-oriental, and an almost exotic tropical, and, in its final development, an almost woody musk. It's not "sexy" along the lines of Narciso Rodriquez For Her, or Hypnotic Poison, but it's sensual and very confident. At first it smells like vacation-type tropical fruit notes with a little cherry on top, but it melts into a seductive honeysuckle with hints of amber and tonka. Heat is a subtle, alluring fragrance that stays quite close to skin, yet it intermittently projects quick whiffs of feminine temperateness (it never gets "hot" in a cinnamon or cayenne way) for hours after spraying. The more I wear Heat, the lovelier it becomes. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, because the scent energizes me and makes me feel great. I would give Beyonce Heat a 5 lippie rating (and I still may change my rating), but the fruit salad compote of the topnotes throws me off every time I spray this. I'm SO glad I gave it a chance to develop. Trust me, give it at least a half hour of wear, and you'll be swooning at the gorgeous, sultry scent that suddenly appears!

on 3/20/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love love Beyonce, but unfortunately im not a fan of this perfume. Its too sweet for me... but its soft and pretty, would've loved it minus the sweet sugariness

on 3/7/2011 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a lovely bottle! the box was even hard to throw away lol sweet, & warm, the way I like it. Doesn't bowl me over, though it's hard for a frangrance to do that since I'm so overly picky, but this is still lovely & I'd wear it without hesitation.

on 3/4/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I find this fragrance highly revolting. All I get from this is mangoes, mangoes and even more mangoes. Gosh! What a disaster!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to spray this whilst fragrance shopping and the scent has stuck with me since. I finally bought it when it was on sale, and although I do really like it, I think it smells overwhelmingly like Angel and am therefore a teensy bit disappointed as I already have Angel in my collection.

It doesn't last very long on my skin, but I do get complimented on it regularly. It really does seem like the scent a sexy lady like Beyonce would wear herself, so I like to wear this when I need a little bit more of a 'grown-up' and sensual fragrance.

on 2/17/2011 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm suprised at how low the ratings are for this one. I loveeeee this fragrance. I actually try to ration out my usage of it, because i got a pretty small bottle for Christmas and I want to make it last as long as possible lol.

It's very sexy, and sensual. Not for the younger crowd at all. It lasts all day long and guys love it. A little goes a long way, and it may be overpowering for some if you spray too much. I will purchase again when my bottle (finally) runs out.

on 2/11/2011 7:00:00 PM

I got a sample and it smells really good if you like a sweet smelling perfume and its not strong. I would buy it.
EDIT too sweet now ugh my mom used it all, she really likes it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume! I find it like a mixture of sweet and sexy, but maybe that's just me! I bought a 100 mL bottle for about $45 CAD at a huge sale. I like the way it looks on my dresser, pretty sexy! It's quite a summery smell, which is not too fortunate for me, being as it is winter and all, but this perfume definelty suits my personality and I love it! I definetly WOULD buy it again, but only if its on sale, the regular price is too much!

on 1/19/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A unique, spicy cold weather/nighttime fragrance. Has a peachy aroma with a hint of something akin to cinnamon. Not my favorite, but nice. The bottle looks like something you'd find on a stripper's vanity, true, but I don't buy perfumes just for the pretty packaging.

on 1/17/2011 6:09:00 AM

I bought 1/2 oz on sale at target for 1050. There was no tester, so for 10.50, thought it would be at least half-way interesting I mean she is putting her name on it (not a ring, but her name).

When I finally managed to get the package open-- it was in one of those industrial plastic sealed packages to deter theft or opening it in store, I suppose, I finally was able to smell it. UGH!

Smells almost identical to a Walgreens brand perfume a few years back--- was it called C'est la Vie? Something like that.

So so so cheap smelling, sweet/dingy/musty with a chemical/metallic smell. Just bad. And I normally like most anything/not too picky.

Popular Fragrances