Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 4/25/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this foundation when I ran out if my double wear and was waiting for a new order to be delivered. First impressions were good although I found the shade looked a bit dark even in fair which is the lightest shade. After only a couple of hours I had a lot of shine despite powdering and using primer, the foundation had oxidised and settled into the fine lines around my eyes as well as highlighting the slightly dry patches round my nose. By the end of the day my face just looked dirty and all my blemishes were on show. Definitely not suitable for oily or combination skin and shades are too dark in my opinion. Definitely would not repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have exxtreeeeemmmellly sensitive skin due to facial eczema and numerous factors can contribute to my flare ups. I had initially bought this looking for a face makeup that would not irritate my skin, but it did to an extent. Unlike many previous foundations I've tried this wasn't too bad. I did end up with very minor flare up in particular regions of my face (characterized by very slight redness and itchiness), however a flare up is a flare up and I returned the product. As of now I've been using Alima Pure's satin matte mineral foundation and this has definitely not been flaring me up!! I believe it contains only 5 ingredients (which many of them are just sunscreens), and I think it's due to the fact that it does contain very minimal ingredients that it hasn't caused me any breakouts.
So if you have eczema I'd really recommend looking into mineral foundation (the less ingredients probably the better). They may be more drying but I'd rather have dry skin than a painful swollen oozing face.

on 4/20/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been breaking out pretty severely and was left with a bunch of red acne marks, so I was looking for a good foundation to even me out. This foundation claimed to fade discoloration and had good reviews on the Sephora website from other people with oily skin, so I got this in Golden Neutral to match my light-medium Southeast Asian coloring. Despite its claim to fade acne marks, unfortunately, I don't think I've noticed much of a change in my spots in the 5 months that I've been using it.

It works well enough. It comes in a bottle with a hygienic squeeze tip, which I really like, and has a pleasant consistency: thick, but not sticky. It gives medium coverage which covers the majority of my acne scars, though since I'm too lazy to apply it carefully, I mix it with my moisturizer and just rub it in for a sheer tint.

I don't think I'll be replacing it when it runs out. Given that I'm a student, I'd rather not spend $27 on one item of makeup. I recently picked up Physicians Formula Super BB Cream in Light/Medium, which is much more affordable. Given that I tend to dilute the Clinique foundation with moisturizer, the BB cream is indistinguishable in color and coverage, plus it visibly reduces the size and number of my pores!

on 4/13/2014 3:23:00 AM

My new favorite foundation! You don't need a primer with this one, which is a huge plus. Coverage is great (starts out medium I'd say), and layers very nicely. Lasts quite a while, longer when set with powder. The finish on this one is lovely - not too dewy or dry. No funny scent. Does not irritate my sensitive combination skin. One thing I really love about this one is that 24 Linen (my match) for VF-N is a true neutral - absolutely no pink or yellow undertone, so I get a really perfect match. At $27 this is a great value. The only downside to this one is the packaging - pumps are always preferable.

on 4/5/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great medium-coverage foundation that does not break out my sensitive combination skin. The initial finish is quite unnaturally dewy but once I set it with powder, it leaves a beautiful natural finish. Coverage is buildable and lasts well throughout the day as long as you set with powder. Finding a good shade to match your skin tone may be challenge, especially if you're pale and/or yellow-toned. You definitely want to test the shades in-store to find a good match. I'm pale and neutral-to-yellow toned and I use the shade Linen, which is actually the lightest shade despite the fact that its not number "01". As long as you can find a good shade match, this is a great buy.

on 3/18/2014 5:15:00 AM

I am using this in Fresh Beige (asian shade) and I cannot really find any complaints with this foundation. This is one of the most long wearing foundations I have and it does not become patchy at all (despite my oily tzone). Whenever I need a durable foundation for that day I always use this one. It also gives a second skin look especially in pictures. It has a finish that is in between glowy and matte and I think it is just perfect. If you want a very natural makeup look that will last for the day then this is your best bet.

on 3/10/2014 8:29:00 AM

I'm giving this foundation 3 lippies because I do not know if the formula has changed or if I just got an old/bad bottle. This has been my winter foundation for about 3 years. I have oily/combo skin, so I don't use it during the warmer months. I am in the shade Ivory. My experience with my past bottles was excellent. I love the coverage (which is light to medium), I love the way it looked after applied and how my face looked at the end of the day. It is not a foundation that is going to last all day, but the way it wore off on me was strangely "nice". The best part was the changes I seen in my skin tone. Brighter, healthier looking skin. I was hooked. I ran out of my last bottle at the end of Jan. and purchased another bottle at my local counter around Feb 5th. I do not know what has gone wrong. This oxidizes like crazy on me. I mean my face is orange within an hour. The finish is not the same, and I am not seeing the usual skin-brightening benefits. Keep in mind I just used the last of another bottle a week before this purchase. I called Clinique and they said they had not changed the formula and that it wasn't likely I had received an old bottle, as this is "one of our best selling foundations....the bottles don't sit on the shelf long..." Her only explanation was I was given the wrong color. It's a perfect match until it turns orange. I don't know what's going on, all I know is this bottle isn't the same as the bottle I finished in Jan.

on 3/4/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm really liking this foundation at the moment. The texture is fairly runny (but not so much so that it runs off the back of my hand) and blends easily. I find that it can look a little chalky upon first application (I use a flat top stippling brush) but after 30 minutes or so, it sinks right in and the colour looks right. I would say that the coverage is light-medium and natural. I find that it doesn't highlight any dry spots or large pores and I have had no negative reactions to the formula.

In terms of longevity, I have used this both in very cold weather (-20 degrees Celsius) and hot weather (35 degrees) and it lasts well in both without any primers underneath. It doesn't transfer onto clothes but comes off easily with some bioderma at the end of the day.

The colour match for this foundation is also fairly good and expansive. The SA at Sephora had a few issues matching my skin colour but we eventually found a match in "Buff" which is a light yellow shade.

I also like the packaging which is sleek, simple and hygienic as you just squeeze it out of the tapered tip (yay for no glass bottles!).

All in all, it's a solid foundation that I can depend on everyday and I will repurchase as long as nothing changes.

on 2/20/2014 3:29:00 PM

I have almost an identical experience to the reviewer before me with this foundation. I have the Ivory shade and am around NC20 skintone and I also have combo-oily skintype. When I first applied the foundation, it looked pretty good in the mirror, good coverage and even coverage. I used it over primer and also set it with powder. I like the plastic squeeze bottle type packaging of this foundation and I also like the texture of the product (creamy, easy to spread, not too slippy but not too dry either). But that's where my likes for this foundation end. I noticed my skin got much oilier much faster when using this foundation -- I looked in the mirror after about 2 hours into the day and was horrified at how oily and patchy my face was, it was like the foundation just disintegrated and left me with no coverage and just a patchy looking mess. Not a pretty sight. It is very disappointing. I would not recommend this foundation to anyone who leans oily, this stuff will just disappear after a couple hours and make your face grease up like crazy.

on 2/13/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Even Better Foundation about a month ago, so I feel I have given it a fair shake. I did go to the counter to get color-matched with this one, and I am wearing the lightest shade - Alabaster. The SA had a difficult time choosing the correct color for me as the rest were all too dark. I am NC20 in MAC and Warm Ivory in Bobbi Brown. Anyway, I liked the color match, and how the foundation looked on my skin in the store, but ever since wearing it, there are several things I don't like about it. First, I can't apply it with a brush without it looking too cakey. I apply it with fingers for the most natural look possible, but even then it can look too thick. Second, it does accentuate any dry places on the skin. I am not a dry skin gal, I am an oily skin gal, so it accentuates those lovely dry patches around my nose which is the oiliest area on my face. Third, even though this is stated for oily skin types, I find that it can make my skin oily within less than an hour. So, literally my skin goes from looking like a parched, cakey desert to an oil slick. I am just not happy with this product. I wish I could return it, but it is too late. I gave this two stars because at least I received the correct color match, but that is really all the positives I can state on for this product. *sigh*