Dior Capture Totale Liquid Foundation SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.16%, Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3.00% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyldimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cylcohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Talc, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Silica, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Tetrasodium Edta, Parfum, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate-5, Aluminium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopheyl Acetate, Limonene, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sorbitol, Bht, Carbomer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aframomum Angustifolium Seed Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Kluyveromyces Extract, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Potentolla Erecta Root Extract, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Faex (Yeast Extract), Algin, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citronellol, Geraniol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfate, Mica, Ci 77891 (Titnium Dioxide), Ci 77492-Ci 77491-Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 1/24/2010 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the BEST! i didn't think foundation could look so natural yet still cover. i used this as an undereye concealer and it looked so much better than my lancome concealer. WOW. I can't afford this but i am goinng to get it when my sample runs out.

on 1/21/2010 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would definitely buy this product again. It is the best foundation I have ever used. Having a bit of dry skin now at my age, I needed a smooth finish and formula that did not cake on my skin. In the past I have had a lot of trouble finding a good color match as well. Finally, I tried the Dior Capture Totale. I admit to being hesitant at first because of the price; it is a lot of money for a foundation. But you get what you pay for, and if it works for you it is worth it. You can spend a lot of money buying cheaper brands that don't work and end up being thrown out, or sitting in a cabinet drawer. This product does everything it says it will. It gives light, even, smooth coverage with just a drop or two. It gives skin a youthful luminescence and light, and covers well without caking. It adds moisture without being greasy, heavy, or thick. I cannot believe how Dior came up with this formula, but I am grateful that they did! It contains a serum, so is skincare as well as makeup. It also contains some sunscreen. It is buildable, but one or two pumps are generally more than enough; and it does not sit on top of the skin, but melts into it giving an amazing finish.

I have worn this foundation for about one month now, and I am pleased with it as when I first tried it. The SA recommended 010 Ivory for me, and she was right. It looks very natural, light-infused, and youthful. I could not be happier.

on 1/20/2010 10:13:00 AM

I'm a makeup artist and even I have a hard time finding a good foundation. I've always liked the way Estee Lauder double wear gave me coverage, but I felt like it clogged my pores, so I'm on my next journey for the perfect foundation and unfortunately, it won't be ending with Capture totale. I applied it with an HD brush so there should've been a full but light coverage throughout the day, but after about two hours, I looked about 10 years older. The foundation was falling, and it was so shiny! I used the Dior Hydraction hydrating serum prior to it, as recommended, and it was just an absolute failure. Not worth $75 ;(

on 12/4/2009 5:48:00 PM

I hate to spoil everybody's fun, but I must make something clear here.

This silly generalization that mature skin invariably means its dry and shriveled like a prune is really getting old (pardon the pun). At 56-going-on-57-years-old anybody will tell you I'm pretty ripe. But that does NOT mean that I have dry, shriveled skin. On the contrary, while my skin is not quite as oily as it was when I was young, it still IS oily.

So what about mature gals with oily skin, like me? Right, most of us don't have deep-crease wrinkles all over our face (in fact, I have been diagnosed with looking a good 10 years younger than I am, on occasions), but that does not mean we don't have other skin problems that come with age. There is nothing more irritating (for me) than testing those "for mature skin" products and finding that 99% of them are thick, gooey concoctions, greasy enough to be used for basting. We oily skin gals DO eventually graduate from Clean & Clear, you know.

Which brings me to the foundation in question,. I will not, of course, say that it's a bad product. But ladies with "mature" oily skin might want to be careful with this one. I tried it and all I got was an oily slick (even after setting with powder). It felt thick, didn't really offer that much coverage, pooled in my pores and made me so shiny, I must have been reported by every satellite floating in outer space.

I have no doubt that this product works wonders on women with dry skin. But I'll have to give it a pass.

Memo to cosmetic companies: try to diversify your concept of mature, do us a favor.

I was excited to try this, because I love the capture totale line (yes i know it's for mature skin) and I can't really say that it's HD or full coverage. Not sure if it is supposed to be full coverage though..it's light coverage and very moisturzing so my oily skin did not like it...
didn't like the texture...would only reccomend to mature ladies.

on 11/15/2009 6:44:00 PM

This is my second purchase of 020 shade of Dior's Capture Totale liquid foundation. I have fair skin with a slight olive undertone. Although expensive, a little goes a long way and the pump dispenser ensures that none is wasted. I apply this with my fingers although a foundation brush also does the trick. The foundation boasts SPF15 as well as anti-ageing benefits. The product gives a medium coverage which can be increased with use of more product. The end result is a slightly dewy finish which looks very natural and feels soft and supple. Buy this on Strawberry net to ensure you're not paying premium department store prices. Will defintely re purchase (my third bottle).

on 9/12/2009 11:30:00 AM

I have combo skin, very sensitive prone to breakout and this works like dream! The Dior artist told me to apply lightly with brush and just focus on undereye, nose, and cheekbone area. After that, I dust a light amount of loose powder over and get a flawless, soft look. I am light/med golden and use 031 (Sand), but in winter wear 020 (Cameo). NOTE: Do not overapply this foundation as it will look heavy. Using the brush is key! Also, on pics, this makeup makes you look like a movie star- for a generally non-photogenic person, I LOVE my pics!!! Highly recommended :-)

on 8/10/2009 12:52:00 AM

This foundation is CRAZY expensive! I decided to splurge bc I have been looking for other foundations even though Im mostly happy with cover fx. I wanted to try this bc it has a serum in it that helps with aging and is full coverage. Im only 30 but I have sun damage that needs covering and since I like a dewy look, I figure I could use the extra moisture. Anyway, Ive been very happy with foundation so far. It plumps the skin and goes on very even. You can tell this is a high end foundation for sure! Also, Ive used it about 5 times now and it has made my skin more even toned than it ever was before. In this sense, its a treatment and foundation in one so it somewhat justifies the price...maybe! The color 032 is dead on for me, so Im happy with it. Unless I find something better I will probably repurchase-SIGH!

I used the leading mineral make-up for many years and swore I would never go back to liquid foundation until a few months ago when I noticed that my skin seemed to have lost its luminousity and looked dry. It was just by fluke that I went to the Dior counter at Macy's and I am sooooo glad that I did. The MA suggested this foundation and I can't stop raving about it! My perfect color is 23 (fair-medium complexion with a yellow undertone) and I love how it looks and feels on my skin. It is light and provides a smooth even coverage with just the right amount of dewiness. I start work very early so I put my make-up on at 4am and it looks just as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning...nothing like I remember liquid foundation from years ago. There is a reason these products are called "Dior Addict" and I am slowly incorporating other products (i.e., Iconic mascara, 5-Colour Quad Shadows, blushes, etc.) as well as the Capture Totale skincare. I have given all of my mineral make-up to my teen-age grandaughter and will definitely be buying this foundation again.

on 7/27/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Very good medium coverage with a smooth/streak-free application. Definitely best for drier skintypes as the feel is a bit dewy. I tried the shade in #30 (I don't know my exact skintone number, but I generally fall in the medium to tan range...and I have more neutral than yellow undertones to my skin even though I'm Asian.) -- it's a pretty good match and I like the glow this gives to my skin ... makes any additional color products I apply really pop. The bad news started happening about five hours into the day when I noticed a slight color change...the dreaded orangey tones creeping in, my face had shiny patches, and the foundation seemed to have sunk into every pore and line particularly around my nose, mouth and chin. My skin almost never gets oily unless it's being smothered, so I think this foundation was suffocating my pores. By the 8 hour mark of my workday my face was beginning to itch in spots. When I got home to wash the makeup off, the itchy spots had developed into small whitehead clusters. It's a shame...I know this foundation is pricey, but it looked really good on my skin at the start and I would have splurged on a full size bottle with no hesitation if the irritation/oxidation didn't happen...the search for the perfect foundation continues!