Olay Foaming Face Wash

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 150 Pentaerythritol Tetrastearate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamide MEA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth 10, Fragrance 5/30/09

on 3/4/2006 11:53:00 AM

This stuff is just ok. Nothing special. It kind of dried my skin out. I used it a few times and got flakes. Nothing a good moisturizer couldn't clear up though. I got some in my eyes and it stung pretty bad. I'll use it up but I won't repurchase. There are better face washes out there.

on 1/24/2006 8:19:00 PM

There is nothing extraordinary about this cleanser. The scent is really subtle and seems to clean my skin rather well. Unfortunately it does not foam as much as I would like, but it works. I think I will continue on my quest for the perfect cleanser--for me it's not this one.

on 10/23/2005 3:21:00 AM

I used this product for years and years. My skin now is too old for this face wash, but I really loved it. My skin always felt refreshed, it never made me break out and it gave me a healthy glow. I am now using the Olay mature skin version with the microbeads. Also a good product, yet not as effective as the foaming face wash. I used the non-fragrance version of this for sensitive skin.

on 10/11/2005 1:03:00 PM

I'm still trying to decide if I'm just going to go ahead and re-purchase this or if I'm willing to risk trying something potentially worse. This is an okay cleanser in that it doesn't break-out, hurt, or dry my skin; it's bad in that it doesn't really clean my face very well. It's hard for me to get it to lather and it seems like no matter how long I scrub the amount of make-up and dirt that comes off with my toner is scary. I should try something else--if I have to use my toner to clean my face I may as well skip this cleanser altogether. Perhaps it would work better for those who don't wear any make-up.

on 10/4/2005 2:33:00 AM

This is a great drugstore cleanser; in fact, I've bought it at least 5-8 times over the past couple years. It doesn't overly dry my oily skin, it removes makeup like a dream, not too perfumed, and I like the microbeads. If you have normal to oily skin and like a great bargain, this is for you!

on 9/16/2005 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this to use as a gentle makeup remover because it's soap-free. it doesn't irritate my skin and removes even waterproof mascara perfectly. but it's really really really drying. my face screams "moisturize me" immediately after i dry my face.

on 9/13/2005 2:12:00 PM

I LOVE this face wash!! I never use the same product twice and this face wash I have been using off and on for like 10 years. I always try other cleansers and they end up irritating, drying out, or breaking out my face and to get my skin back to normal in a hurry, this is my product!! Removes eye makeup so well and never stings your eyes, so gentle and wonderful. I love the sensitive skin foaming face wash too. The so called "film" it seems to leave on your skin is only the aloe that this product contains. It is oil-free and this will NOT break you out but it will leave your skin super soft and glowing.

on 9/2/2005 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought 2 of these because they were on sale for 2.00 each. I love this. It is so gentle on my skin. I usually use Dove foaming wash but this I like better. I will be going back to the store to see if I can find the rest that they are clearancing out. Great product...Plus didn't dry my face out like most washes do.

on 8/12/2005 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

*This barely foamed up, and it left my skin feeling unclean.

on 7/25/2005 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser. I used it when I broke out terribly last winter....
I used it in conjunction with some glycolic/salycid pads given to me by my derm.It cleaned my skin better than cetaphil and it didn't make me break out. I don't think it did much to help w existing pimples, but it didn't cause any future breakouts either. It could be a little drying though.
I have just upgraded to Sage Facial Shampoo ( I hope I dont regret it)....
IF Sage breaks me out, I will def. come back to oil of olay.