Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - In Control Curious

3.9

on 9/24/2007 4:50:00 AM

i love its foodiness and vanilla sweetness. but it doesnt last at all. barely half an hour but i bought it anyway.

i used to think tiempe passate doesnt last but now it does, so im hoping i have the same experience with this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's not as long lasting as curious, and theres no lotion to layer it with. I REALLY like the smell of this.. and it's more of a comfort thing, as far as i'm concerned. I wear this on the days when i feel too lazy to wear perfume and/or want ot use alot (bc you can barely smell this anyway).. i wish it was stronger, or i knew a perfume that smelled just like it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

In Control is smooth, but I find it not as long-lasting as Curious and Fantasy. It's a shame because I really like the scent. Where the others are sweet, On me, the orchid takes the stage front and center and are backed up the delicious combination of the vanilla, sandalwood and musk basenotes. Too smooth -- love it. Again, I wish it lasted longer. In Control is lovely, but fleeting --- yet, still I enjoy it. Advertised Notes: Loquat , Tonka crystals, Orchid (Midnight), Creme Brulée, Vanilla (black), Sandalwood, Musk
continued >>

on 6/21/2007 3:56:00 PM

So In Control is a mix of Fantasy and Curious, stronger on the curious notes though. I like Curious, it reminded me of sexy britney(pre k-fed) all sweaty and sweet....yeah. And fantasy is like a pastry. So the mix is good, but no lasting power that I found and has a woodsy undernote, that just doesn't work with the fragrance it's self. The britney bottles are very chic looks but black and hot pink? TACKY!

on 4/27/2007 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Something sweet and creamy like caramel wafted towards me while I was at the TM Angel counter picking up some Angel, so I asked the SA what that was. She proceeds to brandish this tacky (yet compelling) black with hot pink atomizer bottle I had tested when it was first launched a little over a year ago. I sniff the card, heavenly. I wonder to myself why I hadn't already purchased it. Optimistic, I apply it to my wrist and go for lunch. What began as caramel heaven and I was ready to plunk money down for a bottle right after lunch, soon turned to overpowering cedar chips. I love cedar chips, on the bottom of a hamster cage, not on my skin -and the staying power, well I had to shower with hot water and Ivory soap to get it off. What a disappointment! Is cedar even listed as a basenote?

on 4/27/2007 2:41:00 PM

I liked Fantasy and hated Curious, so I wasn't sure what I'd think of this one. I would agree that this is somewhat of a fusion of Fantasy and Curious, but for me it combines my least liked aspects of both fragrances. Like Curious it is too powdery for my tastes, and what it has in common with Fantasy is the syrupy sweetness. I find that this has very poor staying power compared with the other Britney perfumes. After an hour of wear it fades significantly.

I got the gift set as a present for my birthday. Came with body souffle, lip gloss and a pretty box for make up, jewelry, etc. I love the way it smells, like vanilla but not to strong and a big bottle of the perfume. Very sweet and flirty. My only complaint is that it didn't come with a purse-size version for me to carry around, plus the lasting power is ZERO. Sometimes when I layer it with my The Healing Garden body spray it lasts longer, but not much.

on 4/7/2007 5:10:00 PM

I really like this scent. I find it both soft and sexy, and it smells kind of powdery on me. I've tried all the Britney Spears fragrances and I think this one is the best. It's not too sweet like some of her other fragrances, but it's just very nice. I dont like the bottle though..

This fragrance seems to have a dual personality. It is fruity yet it does have that BBW musky Sensual Amber touch to it. I also do not like the atomizer as voiced in other reviews. Elizabeth Arden should put both types of sprayer heads in the box. Staying power is not as good as Fantasy. I am old enough to be Britney's mom so there goes the marketing ploy that is for the younger age group. Now would I wear this to a job interview? No I would not BUT I would wear it almost anyplace else as long as I didn't douse myself in it. I am sure this is geared for the younger crowd but who cares who it was made for long as YOU like it!

on 3/20/2007 5:39:00 PM

To me this smells exactley like Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber. I f you like that you will like this.

Popular Fragrances