Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 1/9/2013 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in the pressed powder because i didn't want to deal with the mess that comes along with the loose powder packaging. I love this product and I use it everyday. I love mineral foundation because it is natural looking and feeling. It doesn't even feel like I have anything on my face. Also, I don't have to spend extra money on facial wipes because you can just use your facial cleanser and it washes right off. The packaging is okay and comes with a brush at the bottom of it, which from reviews, no one uses. The price is okay, i got mine on sale for $13, regular priced $18. (in Canada)

on 12/31/2012 6:51:00 PM

I actually started using the pressed powder in 'Creamy Natural' but when I went to Shoppers Drug Mart, they only had my shade in this loose powder. It comes with a little brush, which I thought was stupid for the amount of powder that comes out in the sifter. Although, later I found it to be a great little brush to 'buff' the powder in. Ex: After I apply liquid foundation, I use a big powder brush to dab powder on main areas of face, then I use the little brush to buff it in all over. It sets really well without looking 'powdery'.

This powder is real nice even over a moisturizer or bbcream too. Especially if you have clear skin and you want minimal coverage. It has never broke me out either!

The packaging is on the bulky side and I find that the sifter allows too much powder on top, so it's easy to get too much at a time if you're not careful.

I consider this to be a 'High end' drugstore product, but worth it if you have sensitive skin or acne prone skin.

Also PF doesn't test on animals unlike a lot of other drugstore brands.

on 12/3/2012 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I loved this powder it was my first time using this & i happen to be at walmart & they didnt sell the powder i usaully use witch is the true match neutrogena so i juss picked up this powder it doesnt come in many shades i just had got the ( medium ) the bad about this the dust that comes out when you open the package i hated the brush but i was kinda iffy about the color when i had put this on my face it felt like nothing was on it blends in VERRY well w/ my face . I love it & gives me just enough coverage :) May think about re-purchasing

on 11/24/2012 10:14:00 AM

Not positive about the shades as I bought the wrong one, but this product really works in making your face look poreless, smooth, and not as cakey. A great powder, will buy again.

on 11/20/2012 3:29:00 PM

This has a very slight shimmer to it depending on which loose powder in their Talc free that you buy so I use it as a hi-light vs an all over powder. Now if I'm wanting to look more "dewy" I'll use it all over but I'll use a very small amount. Less is more!

All in all I like this but use it sparingly! It will make a mess or go on too thick if you don't pay attention to your surroundings/application.

Use a bigger fluffy brush and all if well for all over application :)

on 11/6/2012 4:30:00 PM

I bought the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting kit which came with the concealer, highlighter, correcting powder and mineral loose powder(for on;y $15). The first time I used the product I hated it, my skin looked patchy. Because I have red skin and acne, I need more coverage. So now my routine goes like this: concealer, highlighter, then I put on Garnier's BB Cream, then the correcting powder and finally the loose powder. I love the way my skin looks! Beautiful coverage and not one of these products have broken my face out! The only complaint I have are the brushes that come with the powders...they are not worth a dime, invest in some better brushes & the product will work fine.

on 11/4/2012 11:35:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF I AM SURPRISED BY THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS. THIS IS MY FAVORITE FACE POWDER. I HAVE TRIED MANY AND I ALWAYS GO BACK TO SPENDING THE MONEY ON THIS. makes it look as if i do not have face powder on, VERY natural look. does NOT make me break out. FAVORITE, LOVE IT. have been using this for about 2 years now? or almost 2 years something like that :)

on 10/19/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product completely broke me out, and I cannot believe that I only just realized it now that this product was the reason why my skin texture completely roughened, I broke out massively, and my skin was itchy. The color of this product is pretty nice, but the repercussions are terrible. I cannot believe how much scarring and hyper pigmentation I have due to this product. Ughhh, it's awful.

on 10/7/2012 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This seems to work pretty good for me. I do not use the brush it comes with, I think it is useless. Over my concealer it does pretty well for covering things up. I find it doesn't look cakey if you don't put too much on. It stays on all day which is a plus because I have a very active job in a sometimes hot environment, and my face looks just the same as it did when I left the house.

on 10/5/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was interested in the physicians formula mineral wear because it said its for those with acne prone skin and sensitive skin, i was previously using Neutrogena mineral sheers but i felt like that powder was not controlling my oily skin and it has glitter on it which is one of the main ingredients bismuth oxychloride it also doesn't say in the details that it was non comedogenic even though i didn't break out from it ,.,i decide to switch to a different powder and started researching and i was reading other products ingredients and was surprised because they where not good for the skin they had pore clogging ingredients ,when i saw physicians formula i liked the ingredient list , zinc and titanium oxide are great for acne prone skin and it doesn't have to many ingredients and i have light acne which means i sometimes get those annoying whiteheads ,it evens out my skin tone even though i feel that it has light coverage , it does help with my oily skin better then the neutrogena sheers ,even though its pricey for a drug brand it has so much product !! it has the double of any good powder i know ,can probably last you 4-5 months depending how much you use it , A concealer for red marks or pimples and this powder and your set for a nice complexion :)

EDIT: I notice it kind of oxidizes in some areas wear i put more product , but i solve it by just applying less product .

EDIT: I am goin to switch to Alima Pure Minerals because I just found out Physicans Formula Mineral powder has this Ingriedent called Lauryl Lysine which is really bad for sensitive acne prone skin it clogged pores I didn't know that !! I don't understand why company's put pore clogging ingriedents on Makeup that's for acne prone or sensitive skin !! -.- I'm soo glad I found out about this .