MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 1/17/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lipstick, it's one of my current favorites. On me it looks like a pinky nude which i like to pair with a neutral eye with white/cream liner on my water line.

If i had to throw away all of my lipsticks and keep only three, Twig would be one of them.

My only problem is the price, as MAC's prices have gone up twice. ANNOYING!!

on 11/20/2012 7:03:00 PM

This was my first Mac Lipstick and I absolutely love it. I'm NC20 and this looks great on my skin tone. Whenever I wear it, people want to know, what I am wearing. And many times colleagues and friends wrote down the name of it, they liked it that much.

I'm gonna repurchase this one forever!!!

on 11/3/2012 5:30:00 AM

I've bought this lipstick twice. The colouring is so beautiful. It's quite dark so I just wear a small amount and it's good. It looks quite natural on my lips but I find it a bit drying so I usually wear a lip balm underneath.

on 11/3/2012 4:00:00 AM

This is a beautiful shade and I have been searching for the perfect pink brown lipstick forever. Seriously, FOREVER. Cannot find it. This one is my HG for about an hour, and then it turns very dark pink. I need more brown than pink and cant seem to find this anywhere. I guess my lips are very pigmented? I am very fair with lots of pink undertones so my brownish lipstick turning extremely hot pink could be explained by having very pigmented lips right? I just dont know where to go next since I was sure Twig would be my HG. any recommendations on a perfect MLBB pinkish brown with a little plum/purple lipstick. It's hard to google all of that.

on 10/29/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I adore this color. I normally wear really light colors (not to be confused with nude/pale/concealor lips) such as shy girl or cream cup. I've been wanting to try darker, deeper, brighter colors. I got this one looking for a plummy berry fall/winter shade. This is exactly what I was looking for. It's kind of a muted berry red that brightens my face but not overwhelming that I think pretty much anyone could wear. It's not too brown which is normally the problem I come across, or too dark. It glides on very smoothly, which I love and will last till I eat or drink (I don't expect more longevity out of a lip color than that). It's not moisturizing or drying, just kind of there. I always wear lip balm under it anyway so that may make it glide smoother and keep it from drying. It doesn't sink into lines and I haven't had feathering problem with it. Great every day, throw in your purse, put on without a mirror lipstick.

on 9/13/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have to agree 100% with the review below by mynameishoney. I too have NC40/42 skin and mauve toned pigmented lips. I often struggle to find an everyday MMBL shade that doesn't make me look too Jersey or too Barbie. Twig is perfection for my needs. Twig is a nice satin finish l/s that is a neutral pink brown. Often, most pink browns pull too red and warm making me look sallow. Twig is simply beautiful and works almost like a default shade, for when I can't decide what to put on I will reach for Twig. Out of the lipsticks that I have tried in this color family, I would have to say NYX B52 is very similar. However B52 leans a bit mauve, not as neautral as Twig.

on 7/12/2012 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my everyday go to lipstick. This shade is amazing! I get so many compliments on it and my friends always want to know what color i'm wearing. It is sort of a neutral mauve color and serves as an enhancement to my natural lip color. It is great for everyday because it is basic and pretty neutral yet I still have added color on my lips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perfection, I have found thee, and thy name is Twig.
sorry, I just had to say that...because seriously this is what I've been searching for, for years! For MAC reference, I have Indian skin tone NC40-42 (winter/summer) and my lips are sort of mauve pigmented. I instinctively stayed away from pink lipsticks because most looked too barbie or stark on me. I'd usually end up getting something that was darker mauve/plum, or brown, neither with much pink in them. As well as these worked for me, it would be obvious I was wearing something that didn't exactly look natural. So thanks, MUAers, for giving me some fruitful research once again!
Product: satin finish, neutral pink with a slightly brown undertone, applies smoothly, decent staying power. Doesn't dry as long as I've got a thin layer of balm/chapstick. May enhance creases if really slapped on, but if it's a normal amount, it looks fine.
Packaging: I love MAC's sleek charcoal bullet packaging and the cap doesn't slip off like other brands, so I always give it a 5.
Price: I gave this a 4 because I think you may find a dupe in a cheaper but still quality brand (like Revlon) but I haven't looked...if anyone finds one please post!! It's still not as exorbitant as some high-end luxury brands like Givenchy or YSL ($30-40).

on 6/30/2012 10:48:00 PM

I was looking for a product that was a couple shades darker than my lips (I love the 90s lips look) and this was perfect! Sometime it looks like a pinky/brown and sometimes it just looks rosy. Anyhow I love it.
However, APPLY WITH A CHAPSTICK. can be drying otherwise..

on 6/25/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first MAC purchase! I decided to start out with a more neutral tone that I could where pretty much anywhere, and I suppose I succeeded in choosing it! On me, I find this is a really pretty dusty rose colour with just a liiiiittle bit of brown if the light hits it a certain way. Not bad! I have very pigmented lips so this looks quite natural on me, but still manages to make me look polished and pulls together my overall look for the day. It doesn't dry out my lips. I put on a good lip balm under this and my lips look amazing for hours, even after eating and drinking.

Popular Lipsticks