Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 11/30/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is awesome!!!!! I would love to repurchase this item! It does not get too hard so you can still go back and build it up if you want! It is a little pricy but I think it is worth it๐Ÿ˜

on 11/24/2014 5:02:00 PM

I'm not sure what happened with this mascara, but I thought I liked it, so I stocked up. But recently, whether I've used a full size or a mini, something seems different. It's very dry, and flakes like crazy. Today, my lashes were all clumpy and overlapping, and a second coat just made it more flaky. Using a lash primer seems to help, but I shouldn't have to rely on one.

EDIT 12/11/14: A gracious MUAer suggested I add either water or maracuja oil to the mascara to revive it. I went with 2 drops of distilled water, because I don't have maracuja oil (but even if I did, I'm not comfortable adding oil to mascara). It definitely helped, but only for 1 day. The mascara is back to the way it was, and this morning, I literally had to scrub 2 small dots of mascara off of my contact lens.

on 11/20/2014 4:21:00 PM

WIth the exception of the weird packaging (which ultimately doesn't really matter) I really love this mascara for everyday wear. My lashes are naturally long and full, and one decent coat makes them look perfect. I've also used Benefit's They're Real, but I prefer Lights, Camera, Lashes because I feel like it applies more smoothly and never gets too stiff/brittle or looks spidery, which is my primary issue with They're Real.

on 11/18/2014 5:42:00 PM

This mascara claims to be on the natural side and it mostly is. It is nice and black and mostly lengthens my lashes. It is not very volumizing. This mascara Also looks best after one good coat. Using more than one coat for me left my lashes spidery. This mascara does tend to flake a little at the end of the day and does not hold a curl well. It also leaves my lashes on the sticky/ gummy side. For a more natural option this mascara is pretty good. I like the idea of not having antifreeze aka propylene glycol near my eyes. Pretty good option...

on 11/10/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

definitely does everything it claims to do. best mascaras i've purchased in a while! comparable to benefit's "they're real". highly recommended to anyone who loves lovely lashes :)

on 11/7/2014 8:08:00 AM

I have been trying this out over the past couple weeks when I'm not usin my HG mascara and this one is okay. Does what it's supposed to and I don't have any smudging on my lower lash line but, in just not wowed with it.

on 11/5/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love the Tarte brand, but not a big fan of this mascara... I prefer the lights, camera, flashes mascara HANDS DOWN over this one since it is provides more length and volume to my lashes.

on 10/30/2014 10:05:00 AM

I love this mascara! At any given moment I probably have 20 different types of mascara on my possession. I'm obsessed with the stuff. I LOVE full fluttery lashes. This one stands out above the rest. It doesn't clump, it's really fans my lashes out without making them look like spider legs! I don't need nearly as much, I'm finding. So an A+ in my book, and well worth the money. The packaging is a little weird and I could do without that but that's about my only negative.

on 10/23/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This mascara was included in a Tarte collection purchased from QVC. I've heard many great things about the line and I'm all for the natural alternative to beauty products. I have acne prone skin and I have to be very careful what I use on my skin because most things make me break out.

I've saw many beauty gurus raved about the mascara so I was excited to have my hands on it through the collection. It is definitely a wet and thick consistency which is great for separating and thickening the lashes. Two coats of this and it gave me lush and long lashes. I enjoyed it even more weeks after when the mascara converted to a drier formula because I felt I had more control to get every lash and I would not have to wait as long to apply the second coat. I did not experience any shedding onto the crease or the outer corner of my bottom lash line like I have with other mascaras in the past. The wand features short bristles in between the longer ones and at the end of the wand which is great for the inner, outer corners and bottom lashes. The mascara however, is a somewhat of a pain to remove but it's nothing that makeup wipes and a little elbow grease can't fix.

Overall, it's a great mascara worth trying and is unlike no other.

I found this mascara to have a VERY WET formula. I really liked how this mascara shaped your lashes. It is a little hard to remove. I don't find it to be an amazing mascara. I recently just bought the Maybelline colossal volume express mascara and couldn't even compare them. If your looking for an amazing mascara but the Maybelline colossal volume express mascara. Overall, this is an okay mascara but I wouldn't buy it again

Popular Mascaras