Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 4/23/2007 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

A beautiful product. Inside and outside. I love it, I love the sophisitcated way it highlights my cheakbones.

on 3/8/2007 12:22:00 AM

I love the shimmer bricks. they impart a nice glow and they look natural. The texture is really nice and they blend well.

on 3/6/2007 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm so in love with all bobbi brown shimmer bricks. It really enhances a glow without making u look too overdone. And this shimmer brick is an absolute HG as it's got subtle shimmers that really makes ur cheekbones stand out.

on 2/25/2007 6:48:00 AM

Out of all the shimmerbricks I've tried this is my fave, I am freckly, fair, green eyes so suits me the most. This is a multi purpose for me as I use the invividual layers as eye shadows too, I used one with Purrfect by BE over the top and it gave an even more shimmer look too and it was only something I tested so didn't use any kind of primer and it stayed! Not as long as if I used my UDPP but, stayed a lot longer than it would otherwise. Love this!

on 1/25/2007 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The trick to the shimmerbrick is not to get too much product. The BB site says to use a regular blush brush but for me that deposits too much product so I like to use a small blush brush to apply the product on my cheekbones/temples. If you get too much of this beige color it ends up looking too cool/grey. I love how the shimmer is quite fine.

on 10/13/2006 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter today to get a gel eyeliner and left with this Shimmerbrick instead! I have the Bronze and even though I do rather like it it isn't my favourite colour (it looked a bit dark even though I have tan coloured skin). So I was trying out other Shimmerbrick shades, I had thought perhaps I would like the Peony since it is deeper for my dark skin, but it turned out to be too cool for my toasty complexion and made me look like I had a fever or something. I didn't think Beige was a colour I could wear since it is so light and pale, I thought it would look too frosty and white-cast for such toasty skin but the MA took a brush and swept it over me and OMG! I looked like I had cheeks a mile high! (I have pretty high cheekbones anyways but au naturel they never look this high and chiselled!) It made me look radiant but not greasy, which I wouldn't have liked since I already have greasy oily skin. Of course I bought it on the spot. Since that happened today I don't know if I would be able to reproduce the MA's technique but if don't get such satisfactory results here at home at least I will know it is due to my lack of skill and not the Shimmerbrick's fault. Love this Shimmerbrick!

on 10/5/2006 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I initially bought this when the m/a used it on me as an e/s paired w/bronze gel ink liner and I fell in love. As a highlighter or on top of blush it did look great at first and I really liked it however after a while, it totally exaggerated my pores making them look HUGE! Not so good. I still like it but it's just not for me. I'll keep using it as e/s though.

on 9/12/2006 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This didn't give me the look I was looking for. The shimmer is too chunky for that. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is nice when used on the eyes, though.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As long as I'm not in a hurry and have time to dust this on carefully, I'm alright. The sales rep told me that a light dust on my cheeks for daytime is alright...well, everyone else has told me not to do it, but you know, it's really alright. But like I said, using a shimmery product requires time to carefully apply them on as to not look overdone or fake. Oh, and I can get an extra use out of it b/c I use the lighter shimmer shades as eyeshadow!

on 7/26/2006 7:04:00 AM

LOVE this. I only use it at night as it is way too shiny for me during the day (my blush has shiny specks in it as well). This greats such a beautiful, dewey glow! I love to brush it over my cheeks and under cheekbones, as well as down my nose, with a little dab on my forehead and chin. This product is perfect for creating that glowing look, without using products that just make you look greasy. I get compliments whenever I go out! It costs a fair bit, but I've had it for about 8 months and have barely scratched the surface. I also like to use the different colors on their own as eyeshadows or highlighters for the eyes. Great great great product!!!!!!