Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

4.4

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Tiglyceride, Butylene Glycol,Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Ceteary Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avacado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice 685230/5 Code F.LL.: D8409/1 Made In U.S.A. 1/26/12

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favorite hand creams, my hands tend to get really dry and this helps ALOT I LOVE IT!!!

on 2/19/2011 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE this stuff, it's amazing!

on 1/3/2011 11:47:00 PM

I use this all winter long! I put the cream on, and then put on those long rubber gloves from the Asian groceries, and wash my dishes in hot hot water. When the dishes are done, moisture is back in my skin again. Even though it hurts sometimes when my hands are cracked from dry skin, it's a sign of it working, so I love this stuff, it works so well!

on 8/27/2010 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Finally I found a cream for my dry, chapped hands! My hands have been through hell and back I suppose. Antibacterial sprays, dishwashing liquid, soaps, handwashes, the Russian winter doesn't help either. I have tried tons of creams, and they seemed to have an initial effect but at the end of the day my hands were as dry as before.

This cream is great! It protects my hands, and my hands have become more hydrated in the long term. I am a pianist so I cannot afford to have greasy fingertips, and this cream absorbs really fast and has a non-greasy, silky finish. The sent is a very fresh, pleasant eucalyptus, which is also awesome and a departure from the traditional flowery scents for hand creams.

on 8/18/2010 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I live in Canada, so the harsh Canadian winter does a number on my hands. I use this cream and it softens them right up. it is a tad expensive, but I find that you don't need too much or else your hands will be too slippery. Overall, fantastic for hands, dry or not!

on 5/9/2010 12:05:00 AM

It's pricey but worth it. My hands used to get really bad to a point where it used to slightly bleed and scab over but after using this creme for a day helped my hand dramatically just in a day. It does have that medical scent to it but it doesn't last very long. I also used it on my feet as it started to crack and it helps that as well. The packaging is really tough as well.

Although it is expensive, you only need to apply small amount and it lasts through at least 2 washes. I found that I could wash my hands up to 5 times and not have to reapply.

Must have product for winter. This handcream is a huge blessing for hand that really gets a beating.

on 5/6/2010 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice hand cream, but I wasn't too impressed by it. However, my skin is not too dry, I don't garden, and don't work in health services etc. I have a cushy desk job, so my hands aren't being damaged by being overworked.

I find this cream too thick and makes my hands feel sticky. The eucalyptus "cooling" effect is nice, but very temporary, and seldom do I need to soothe my hands this way.

In general, I find that all the Kiehl's products I've tried are way too overpriced for chemical-based cosmetics, and don't deliver the astounding results I would associate with the price tag.

on 4/9/2010 11:41:00 AM

I really like this handcream and dare I say it is HG for me.

I struggle with my hands. I work in a hospital and need to wash my hands frequently, and use the alco-gel frequently, all of which is extremely drying. In the winter all of this plus the weather leads to cracks around the cuticles, hang nails and general uncomfortableness.

In the summer the discomfort is marginally less.

I am a handcream tart and have tried many with limited success, as I find that they just don't seem to be effective and need constant reapplying which frankly I forget to do, or they leave an awful greasy residue, or no residue at all so that my hands feel as if all the moisture has been sucked out, or the smell is pungent and lingering.

This hand cream is utilitarian - a tube with a flip lid. It is a good thickness but with spreadiblility, a slightly medicinal smell, it sinks in enough to prevent the greasiness, but not enough to make the need to reapply a priority. This really is the only hand cream I have tried that has worked.

As another reviewer said it seems to put an invisible glove over the hands and fingers. In UK it is 18.50 for 150mls.

on 2/25/2010 9:27:00 PM

This is the best hand cream that I have ever used. My hands used to crack so painfully during the winter but I haven't had that problem since I started using this cream. I love that it is fragrance free so it's safe for sensitive skin, but it still smells nice.

My only complaint is that it is hard to get the cream out of the tube when the contents gets low.

on 2/23/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My favorite hand cream for the winter season because it really helps to prevent skin from chapping, and heals skin that already has. I love that it's more waxy than greasy, yet doesn't make my hands feel like they're coated with product. Slightly cooling effect on application as well as a medicinal scent from the eucalyptus leaf oil, but it's fleeting. I like to buy multiple travel sized tubes of this and stash them all over the house/in the car/in my purse...as well as buying in bulk for the holidays for stocking stuffers. I haven't given this to anyone yet who hasn't loved it.