Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/25/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my go to cleanser. I have used this cleanser on and off for years and right now I am on. My sister and cousin prefer the bar verison they say they get more out of it than the liquid. I feel the opposite because half a pump is enough to wash my whole face. I also find bars to be a little messy.

I have tried dermalogica, clinique, l'oreal, etc in the past but I always go back to neutrogena. It does a great job cleaning my skin and I do not need a make up remover first. I use majority Clinique products but I refuse to waste money on their cleanser. The Clinique sales woman suggested I purchase a make up remover to go with my Clinique cleanser. WHY? A good cleanser should wash away dirt and makeup I shouldn't need to clean my face before I wash my face.

on 2/11/2010 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this as a teenager on the advice of my doctor for typical teenage breakouts. So simple and basic and it worked!

I picked this up about 11 years ago pretty much just for the nostalgia of it and haven't stopped buying it since!

These days my skin is combination. This cleanser works well without drying or stripping my skin. I especially like to use it in the summer. I love the clean, fresh scent.

on 2/11/2010 1:56:00 AM

Meh. I find this drying, and it stings my eyes if I'm not careful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

After I went to my dermatologist for my acne she said she wanted me to use the most basic soap to wash my face (even dove bar soap but I can't handle the smell) so I picked this up and I actually really like it. Totally no frills and basic but it gets the job done. I do find it a little difficult to wash off unless I'm in the shower but that's my only complaint.

on 12/1/2009 11:45:00 AM

I don't care much for this cleanser. I have pretty normal skin: some shine on my T-zone, but definitely not oily skin, and not dry either. I found this product to be extremely drying uncomfortably so. I even tried using a damp face towel to "dry" my face after cleansing w/this, and applying my moisturizer to my slightly damp skin, but sadly that didn't remedy the drying nature of this. The formula seems way too "soapy." In fact it almost would be better suited for a liquid hand soap, rather than something to be used on the face. Big time disappointment I'm afraid, as I typically like Neutrogena products.

on 12/1/2009 9:53:00 AM

Love this product. I've bought several bottles in a row now. Each one lasts forever as I only use a tiny bit (pea size) every time. I think people who find it very drying and hard to rinse may be using too much. It's a nice, basic cleanser. While I do have dry skin, as long as I moisturize right after washing, this has been perfect for me.

on 12/1/2009 6:19:00 AM

I love love love this cleanser and have been using it for 13 years.
I used to have bad acne as a teenager and tried numerous products, none of which worked. This got rid of the acne. Everyone noticed the change in my complexion and I started getting queries about the 'miracle' product.
However, I found that the cleanser works better on oily skin and is too drying for dry skin. Now that I've moved to a less humid country, I switch between this and a cleasing oil.

on 11/22/2009 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Bought this few years ago.
A very discusting cleanser. It is not layering! It stays waxy in my hands, put on my face, not easy to rinse of, a very weird product I think. Maybe to much Glycerin? Don't know. I throw it away, nearly full.
Know I'm using brands/products not testing on animals anyway.

on 10/26/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This cleanser is the one I use on my face and neck every night and have for the last few years. It is glycerin-based and my skin just loves the formulation. My face never feels tight or too washed and it is inexpensive. The product works, and I will keep using it until the product changes or my skin does, and needs something else.

on 10/26/2009 10:21:00 PM

Great product in removing makeup, excess oils and just to clean your face. A product that has worked well to manage acne flair ups on my teenager.