Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 12/14/2014 1:53:00 PM

I received this at Sephora after having the color matching done. Took home a very plentiful sample and it is fabulous. I am 45 and have combination skin as well as aging concerns. This is fabulous, color match is spot on (if you are having issues, get the color match done at Sephora) it lasts all day and does not make my t-zone shiny and at the same time does not accentuate any fine lines. Will purchase full size once i run out of test product I was given to take home and use. (I rated the packaging as 3 since I could not leave a review without it, but I honestly do not know)

on 12/12/2014 12:01:00 PM

I decided I needed a high end foundation for nights out on the town or date night. I also wanted something that provided a little bit more coverage than my urban decay naked foundation. I haven't heard or seen one bad review on this foundation to I decided to bite the bullet and go buy it. I usually wear my makeup from 5am til about 430pm. And I absolutely hate touching up makeup at work. I wore this today for the first time I washed my face, applied my moisturizer allowed that to set into my skin. Then I applied my makeup forever primer allowed that to settle into my skin as well. Then I applied this foundation with a brush I purchased from Marshalls. Horrible move on my mind you get what you pay for that brush left me so streaky. And I only used it because my other brushes weren't dry from being washed. Sorry that's besides the point. But so far I am still loving this foundation feels very light weight. I like foundations that feel light, and don't contain SPF. I wear 9.0 in the urban decay foundation and I was matched NC50 for mac but that's too dark for me. In the face & body foundation I am C7 which is a perfect shade just not enough coverage. I am also in the shade #9 in this foundation as well. It matches perfectly. Since it is so pricey I won't be using it everyday. I am hoping I am able to blend this using my ELF powder brush or my beauty blender. I couldn't get this to blend to save my life and I would say I used a dime size amount. Took it back on the hunt for that perfect foundation.

on 12/11/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- Color match is ok/average. Not the best, not the worst. I am #3.75, although I imagine I could also try the lighter shade. I am not very satisfied with the color match though.
- Isn't drying/doesn't feel bad on the skin (comparing this directly to the foundation I was using previously the MakeUpForever Matte, which is very drying/matte)
- Finish is alright - not dewy to the point that if you have oily skin you can't use it, but also not as drying as matte foundations can sometimes be

Cons
- Coverage is not the greatest
- Not very long lasting

Overall an average foundation in my experience. Not the best, not the worst. I am on the fence about it. But I am just not crazy about this foundation. I would recommend you try it for yourself. I personally would not buy this foundation.

on 12/10/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Words cannot describe how much I love this foundation! Have tried all the usual suspects - Laura Mercier silk creme, nars sheer glow, Illamasqua skin base, Dior Airflash etc and non even compare to this! I have oily skin and find that I am shining like a disco ball after a few hours of wearing other foundations. Not so with this! It is a medium coverage foundation with a lovely dewy finish. Really really love it!

on 12/8/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Received a sample of this. Was interested in purchasing but the foundation just didn't work with my skin. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin (normal to oily t-zone)

As soon as I applied this, the foundation accentuated flakes and made the texture of my skin look worse... It also accentuated my face hairs.. Not sure how that worked but it did. Just didn't look good at all. I moisturized twice and primed my face prior to foundation application so the foundation had more than enough moisture to work with. The shade match was good; 5.75. BUT the foundation does have alcohol listed in the ingredients which could be drying.

I'm glad I didn't purchase the full size product. I do see this working for normal to oily skin.

For reference: NC25-30, MUFE F&B 32, Dior Star 021 Linen, YSL TE BD50, Chanel Vitalumiere 010

on 12/2/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just love this foundation. It looks very natural and yet gives me the coverage I need. After a long difficult search for the perfect foundation, I have finally found the right one.

on 11/28/2014 11:01:00 AM

I have been wearing this foundation for almost a year now. Here is what I have noticed about it:
-Color selection is very confusing, it took me a few visits to find the right shade. I have a light to medium skin tone and I have settled on 5.25 which has reddish undertones. I tried 5.5 and it looked fantastic upon application but oxidized to a very dark brown which looked awful. I also tried 5.75 which is too golden.
-Is not made for people with oily skin- only dry/normal otherwise it is too glossy because it is very moisturizing
-Medium/full coverage, lasts all day
-Will NOT cause breakouts (one of the few liquid foundations with no pore clogging ingredients)
-After a few hours it can oxidize leaving your skin with a slight yellow/red/brown undertone depending on the shade you buy
-Looks gorgeous in photographs

I have tried a zillion different foundations because I have sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts and I love this one. It would be perfect if there was no oxidation, but I have settled for now as the pros outweigh the cons.

on 11/27/2014 1:32:00 AM

This is my favourite foundation so far. Glides on, medium coverage, as the name suggests makes my skin look silly soft. However product is very expensive so I try not to use it daily. It is also one of very few foundations that don't cause breakouts.

on 11/20/2014 3:59:00 AM

Hate that I love this so much it's way too expensive

on 11/17/2014 8:14:00 AM

I so wanted to love this foundation but sadly it does not seem to work for me. I have combination skin which veers towards oily and I know which products work for me e.g Double Wear Light amongst others. I had read that this is fine for oilier skins but I don't believe that is true. I think a foundation at this price should work well enough without a primer if it really is ok for oily skins but it leaves me incredibly shiny after just a few hours. Also when you look closely it sits oddly on the skin, it can highlight pores and even any facial hair which none of my other foundations do! I can imagine that this leaves a lovely dewy finish on drier skins but please try this out before you buy, there are many other foundations out there which are just as good if not better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials