Chanel Allure for women

on 2/6/2011 4:46:00 AM

Fresh, clean, sweet (but not too sweet) and very sexy scent. I enjoy wearing a variety of perfumes depending on my mood & occasion, so while I have a few that I favor more than others, I don't have just one signature scent that I wear all the time.

However, this one has the distinction of being the one in my collection that men make the most comments about. It never fails - even just male friends, business associates and a stranger or two in an elevator remark something along the line of - "you smell really good", and I get a lot of hugs. The married ones ask what it is, wanting to buy a bottle for their wife.

I know I choose perfume based on what pleases me, but it doesn't hurt that the guys seem to really like this one too. ;-)

on 1/21/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT 12-11-12
I stopped wearing this when I was pregnant and after having my baby. I recently began using it again and for some reason, the high note is too much for me now. I started using the EDP and it has a richer, smoother scent, but doesn't have the high note. I prefer the EDP now.

I've been wearing this (EDT) for over 10 years. I don't know how to describe the notes, except it smells classy and sophisticated and beautiful. It's very long lasting and body heat accentuates the scent in a good way. It hits a high, slightly sharp note, especially with body heat.

on 12/31/2010 11:46:00 AM

Lovely fragrance, very classy. One of my favorite scents to wear.

on 12/22/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I do love most of the Chanel fragrances, but....this one just has no zap to me. I wanted to try other smells besides #5 & Coco (my favorite) so I sprayed this one on a stick at Nordstorm. Hum...not so bad, so I asked for a sample. The nice lady put two drops into a tiny spray bottle. ;-) Well, that was enough actually, since it did not smell great on me. I didn't notice a baby powder smell, couldn't really smell much of any smell once it was applied. It somehow got lost in my body chemistry. I mean like really lost, there was hardly a noticeable fragrance at all. My husband usually can pick up on scents right away, and he too did not smell anything. So for me, this one is a no purchase. For the price, I expected it to smell great. The bottle is very unattractive to say the least. ;-) I bet this does smell pretty on some ladies, as it did smell good on the paper stick.

on 12/17/2010 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Oddly enough, this settles on me simply like the scent of baby powder. My friends all took a whiff of me, and commented it smelled like baby powder as well..
It is a nice warm comforting scent, doesn't give me a blaring headache, nor does it make me gag, nor is it too too obvious.

I find it nice, just not exactly what I am looking for, however more wearable for me than some of Chanel's other scents

on 12/2/2010 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

love it

on 12/2/2010 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I prefer the EDT to the EDP of this fragrance. Fresh and citrusy at the beginning, it opens in lavishing floral heart to wooden and vanilla.
Fresh: lemon and bergamot
Fruity: mandarin and peach
Classical floral: the rose of May, jasmine, water lily, peony, magnolia, orange blossom
Woody: sandalwood and vetiver
Oriental: vanilla

on 12/1/2010 2:57:00 PM

There is no category for Chanel Allure shower gel but I got some in a gift set, and this is what I wish the fragrance or even the lotion smelled like. Maybe it does, from a distance. The fragrance gets me lots of compliments, but to my nose, it's annoyingly heavy and artificial/perfumey. So when I wear it I don't enjoy it myself but others do.

on 11/8/2010 7:33:00 AM

When i think of the women in my family, i associate certain fragrances with many of them. Most of which are Chanel. When i was 13, my aunt (coco) bought this for me. I remember opening the present and feeling so grown up to receive my very own Chanel signature scent. Imagine my disappontment when i sprayed it and hated it. After a few months of trying to love it, i gave up and opted for Giorgio Beverly hills of all things! - well, it was the 90's!
Thinking i was rid of this perfume, i forgot about the 'family signature' thing. I have the hair spritz, two large bottles of EDP, one EDT, body lotion... i 'm now 28 and i still hate it!

on 11/2/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was VERY dissapointed in this fragrance. I paid over $200 AUD for the 100ml EDP. It lasts around 3 hours on me. I cant smell anything after about an hour. While the smell is nice, I was expecting something amazing from Chanel and for the $$ I paid!

Popular Fragrances