Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

on 2/5/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was really excited when i learned about this mascara. I couldn't wait to try it so I quickly shelled out the $30 to a Younique distributor. I was pleased with the look I got right away. I have long lashes naturally but they are so light that mascara is a necessity for me. My mother even commented on how long and lush they looked when she saw me wearing the mascara for the first time. But I quickly learned that my oily sensitive skin wasn't a big fan of Moonstruck. The fibers transferred or fell off entirely after only a couple of hours. I applied before 8am and was a raccoon by noon. So then I assume I'll need a primer under my eyes before or lots of checking it in the mirror when using the product but am still overall pretty happy. THEN, I literally could not get this stuff off my eyes. I ended up having to use baby oil, which later broke my cheeks and corner eye area out just to get this mascara off my eyes. Not a good look to have crepey looking skin around your eyes due to tugging at it just to remove it the night before. Disappointed. I might have tried to work around the high maintenance of avoiding raccoon eyes during the day and evening but since I also can't get it off easily, its just not for me.

on 2/5/2015 4:16:00 AM

I was blown away with the before and after pictures of this mascara on instagram this mascara looked amazing and had fab reviews online. Being a total mascara addict I had to have it. I'm not a fan of false lashes in the daytime so thought this would give me the same result.

I was beyond excited when I got my hands on it and paid £12.95 ( I made sure it was U.S barcode as there are fakes out there) the packaging didn't disappoint two mascara wands 1 'transplanting gel' and 1 'fibres' presented in a lovely box.

My delight was short lived- it was one of the worst mascara's I have ever used! believe me I've used so many!
After applying the gel I applied the fibres following the instructions carefully.

The final look was not dramatic and the fibres sprinkled under my eyes and fell onto my cheeks! I was super disappointed, I have had more dramatic results from high street mascaras that cost £5. Having put on 3 coats to try and archive a look like in the pictures I had seen my eyes itched all day where little fibres had got in. Around my eyelids was little bits of black dusty sprinkles which had fallen from my lashes, NOT a good look.

I will say the product claims to be natural made from green tea fibres. This is great and I love the idea of using a natural based product on my eyes. Also the packaging is gorgeous. Obviously I was sucked in by the social media marketing and stunning before and after pics. Really I thought id never use another mascara again and it would become a make up bag staple. No way, had to go and buy a new mascara the next day. If intrigue doesn't get the better of you-save your money or risk being disappointed.

on 2/4/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I recently discovered fiber lash systems and found a few different brands. Instead of splurging $30 (plus shipping) for the Moodstruck 3-D lashes I decided to try the Love Alpha fiber lashes which are a fraction of the price. I did a video review on YouTube for the Love Alpha and had an overall positive response from viewers however there were a few that told me that Love Alpha didn't hold a candle to the Moodstruck and that they are really worth the extra $$. So I decided to splurge and give them a try. I have to say that they really do live up their reputation! I got the same results with one coat of Moodstruck as I did with 2 coats of Love Alpha which is a huge timesaver! Applying the fiber lashes is a little more detailed than regular mascara. First you apply the gel, then a layer of fiber, then another layer of gel to set the fibers. Repeat for longer, thicker results. Absolutely gorgeous! I don't always have time for the extra step, but when I want to add a little bit of glamour to my look I will definitely use my Moodstruck 3-D Fiber lashes. For more info and a demo check out my video review on YouTube.

Honestly, im going to start off by saying that what might work for me, might not work for you. and what might work for you might not work for me.. Every body is different. And certain products might not work for everyone. I actually really liked this product. But ! It made my right eye look AMAZING ! Like I had the most perfect long lashes ! But my left eye was a whole other story! But I worked with it ! This product ( in my opinion ) isn't for an every day use.. It takes a LOT of time to work with. It is messy. and it CAN clump up. That's why I say its not every day use, unless you have that kind of time. But if you do take the time with it and understand that it is going to be messy, the out come is so awesome! I suggest using this before you put your foundation on and have a ton of q-tips near by so you can clean up the mess. When I do run out I will repurchase ! Oh and another thing is be careful of purchasing fake ones ! I think there is a youtube video of a way you can tell if its fake or not.
Hope this helps !

on 1/31/2015 5:09:00 PM

Remember those toys you had as a kid with a bald mans face contained in a plastic frame and a ton of iron filings that you moved with a magnetic pen to make eyebrows, hair and a beard on the bald guy? Well I think that was the prototype to this mascara! When it arrived I loved the packaging and the little box, but the product failed to deliver. It's time consuming, the fibres fall off all day and you get better results with a good volumising mascara. Save your money

I had my eyes on this mascara for the longest time! I have about seven different mascaras in my Cosmo cube at all times (It's definetly my favorite makeup item) so when I heard all the hype about this mascara I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! I purchased it from a distributor off of eBay for only $18, as I am skeptical of paying full price for things that I order online before trying it out first. Am I glad I didn't spend the full amount!

The first time I used this mascara I was a little taken back by how thick the transparent gel was. I was expecting something a little bit more watered down. Since I ordered it on eBay I was nervous that maybe I got an old, dried out tube; but that was not the case. My friend, who sells this mascara, said that the gel is meant to be thick. After using the gel and the fibers (steps one and two) I did see a difference in the length of my lashes, however after using the last coat of the gel (the third step) I was not pleased with the results. I gave it a few tries and soon gave this mascara away to my sister.

Don't get me wrong, it does give a slight build on the lash length and volume, but it doesn't do anything that normal mascara and a lash curler can't do. Also, I noticed that throughout the day, the light fibers would fall on to my cheeks. Not cute. The tube also dried out alot and got clumpy in between uses. Nothing major, it goes away when soaked in hot water for a few seconds, but all in all, I would not buy this product again.

on 1/30/2015 1:38:00 PM

I am shocked that more people are not posting about lash fallout! I purchased this product from a Younique distributor, and friend. Not online. At first I thought this product was amazing, I already have long thick lashes but this product seemed to enhance them even more. Boy was I wrong! Yes- there is the problem with the fibers falling, or constantly smudging on the upper lids regardless of how careful I applied. But the REAL issue was what happened to my lashes after only two weeks of daily use! (I didn't notice the extreme fallout at first because I was constantly using the product, which his the underlying delemma)!
After two weeks, my lashes literally were near non-existent! Talk about a freak out!
I am mediately told my friend about what happened to my lashes, and she in turn told the distributor. I even sent photos of the before, during, and after.
At first they tried to tell me that they have never heard of this issue before, and maybe it was the product I was using to remove my make up… Which is the same product I have used for over 25 years!
They did however offer a refund… But to get my $35 back was more trouble than it was worth! I just counted it as a loss, and waited impatiently for my lashes to grow back! (I even considered getting false lashes for the interim, but decided against it- as I didn't want to create more lash damage/breakage). I strongly recommend you do NOT use this product- whatever it has in it is toxic to the lashes.... Period!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am in love with this product. I've tried so many different mascara products this takes the cake. I ws skeptic at first but now have even started selling it. Working in a hospital only so much we can accessorize with. This looks natural and no problems with fibers etc. key to remember is gel lashes gel
Their bb flawless stays on for my whole shift same with mascara. Love love love it

Youniqueproducts.com/loritozzi

If you bought from any place besides a Younique representative you likely got a fake. Be careful with that as you really don't know what's in it. Should never be clumps etc. also sometimes we get get duds it happens in production nothing is perfect I've always just emailed customer service they will mail new one out stat or refund depending on what you want. plus we have a love it guarantee if you are not happy simply return for refund that easy.

My mom bought me this mascara because we have a friend who sells younique products at her salon. I had seen the advertisements and was a skeptic, but I have to say it does work well. My lashes are super thin and this gives them that little extra something without the cumbersome application of falsies. That said, it is a good three extra steps and it's not something I use every day, but it's nice to have when I want a false lash look without looking like I put all the effort in to wear false lashes. I have had some problems with fallout of the fibers on my undereyes throughout the day, best advice is to make sure to use a light hand with the fibers so as not to put too much on. Otherwise, I would say it's a very helpful product to have

on 1/25/2015 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It gives lenght and volume like no other mascara I have ever tried. It is tricky to put on and when doing so I only focus on the tips of my lashes rather than pulling the wand through the base. I have had no problems with sensitivity and my eyes are really sensitive. The only downside is the price it is very expensive but I will buy again

Popular Mascaras