Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, PVP, Platinum powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the only foundation/BB Cream/Whatever that I have ever used consistently without getting sick of it or just "over it" and moving on. That's rare for me. I've tried other BB Creams and haven't been super impressed. I tried this on the back of my hand at Sephora and it looked SO smooth and silky and hydrating (I have dry skin) and even had a sort-of "sheen" to it... I had to buy it. I'm so glad I did. I love everything about it. It has a nice SPF (45) and it does NOT reek of SPF! I am sensitive to that smell-- I hate it. It gives smooth, even coverage but is sheer enough to see skin underneath... it glides over and hides imperfections but still looks like skin... It might be a bit too dark for anyone darker than NC20... If I have a tan, this might have a bit of a whitish cast... I'm NC15-20 (depending on the sun I get). It's silky and makes my dry skin look almost dewy... The bottle has a neat dispenser that clicks closed when turned. Very easy, no dealing with lids that can be lost... I love this stuff. It's worth the $. The only other foundation I'd use again is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Fndtn. I'd say these are somewhat comparable (for someone with dry skin, at least)...

on 4/19/2013 2:45:00 PM

I'm a little conflicted about this product. On the plus side, it has surprisingly awesome coverage, staying power, ingredients, and packaging. Not so in love with the colors (looked a little pinky/chalky on my NC20 skin) or the price. The deal breaker though were the small, persistent breakouts I got while using this.

I'd tell someone to try it out, but it's not my fav.

on 4/6/2013 8:44:00 PM

THIS!! This is a great BB cream. First off the packaging is great because it has a little pump so the remained of the product can't oxidize in the tube. High SPF, PA++ rating. I'm NC15 and this looks really nice on my skin too, not too dark or orange or grey or pink. Just right. Goes on smoothly and with great coverage but it doesn't look "makeuppy" at all. No smell to stink up my face all day (I'm looking at you Skin79.) Just perfect. So much love for this product. This is my new HG cosmetic.

I knocked it one star for being on the high end in terms of price. But so worth it.

on 3/16/2013 5:29:00 PM

So I was a little nervous trying this one out and even after application I almost took it off but I am glad I just gave it a little more time. I have very pale cool toned-neutral skin and when I put it on at first my face looked a little pinkish and slightly too dark. I will say after about 20 minutes the color seemed to adjust to my skin and then looked perfectly natural. The finish was a demi matte at first but then got a lil more dewy looking after a few hours. I did have to blot my tzone after around 5 hours BUT my tzone can be pretty oily some days and the product didnt slide or disappear it just let a lil oil through lol. Nothing that isn't fixable happened.

I got the set of 4 dr jart bb creams honestly I have tried 3 of them (black label detox, premium, water fuse) and I love them all equally. They give light-medium coverage. I find them a little moisturizing but even with my combo/oily skin I always use a moisturizer/primer first so if you have dry skin you may still want to use a good moisturizer as I just don't feel this one does as good of a job at that.

Hands down this is better than ALL the drugstore BB creams I have tried and I would say does pretty close to the 2 asian bb creams I have so it is a pretty good product. Sometimes you get what you pay for. The cheap ones just aren't worth anything more than a tinted moisturizer...at least this one will cover my dark circles and most blemishes or redness in one application and doesn't break me out. My skin seems to like it just fine :)

on 3/14/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have fair skin and this shade is just perfect for me. I was reluctant to use it first because I found some of the ingredients would irritate my acne-prone skin. When I was shopping at Sephora, I decided to buy one for my mother who also has very fair skin to try out. (eh... I am making her sound like a laboratory mice) She used it for at least 2 months before I finally decided to give a try. I questioned the coverage bb creams give and if the sunscreen ingredients are sufficient. With all those put into consideration, I thought: GAHH I am breaking up from the foundation anyways, why don't I just give it a shot and see how it goes. Ever since I made that decision, I have not regretted even once for trying. Dr Jart is a really famous brand throughout Asia. However, the price is not as cute as other competing brands, such as Missia or Skin79. I do not like shopping online because I am not able to verify the expiration date and full list of ingredients. Missia and Skin79 can only be purchased online if you are in the States, so I never considered buying them (I do not know their policies but most stores require you to pay for own return shipping).
This BB cream never broke me out and it provides really great coverage. It even covers my under-eye circles nicely; I was able to save a lot of money on foundation and concealer. The consistency is a little thick, so I do not know if this would be a good option in the summer for some people. I would definitely add oil absorbing powder to set the bb cream in the summer to prevent it slipping off from sweat. I heard people using foundation primer prior to applying bb cream. I personally think this is an unnecessary step because all bb creams are built with primer/ serum/ foundation/ sunscreen, like all-in-one. You want to keep your makeups as light and simple as it could be, so your skin can "breath".
I am a LAZYYY person. In the morning, I'd just have to wash my face and put this on directly (I even skipped toner and moisturizer because I broke out terribly whenever I added those extra steps).
To see if this is the right product for your skin type, I'd suggest you to get some samples from Sephora. Try for at least 4 to 5 days straight (do not change your regular cleanser/ night serum/ or whatsoever. If you DO break out during those 5 days, you can find out who the culprit is easily) before buying the actual product.
I gave it a 4 star. I looove this product, but I still need to take 1 lippie off for its price :( It's 39 USD for 1.4 oz tube (well, I only need 1 to 1.5 pumps for the whole face... the tube lasts for a long time. I am just comparing it to the other over-the-counter bb creams)

on 3/8/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This makeup looks incredibly metallic on me. If I didn't have freckles, it probably would not look so bad -- but I do. It does have a pink cast that can make you look ashy too, so I only use this when I am kayaking, running.,,, It doesn't clog my pores or cause me to break out, so I reach for this when I am going to be in the sun for any extended amount of time.

on 3/3/2013 12:57:00 PM

Overall I really like this BB cream. it is really light, so you dont feel like you have anything on. However, it is too light to blend in with darker skin tones.

on 2/15/2013 1:41:00 PM

This is similar to, but better, than the black label version.

PROS:
-medium coverage
-blends easily
-color looks natural even on my pale skin
-all mineral sunscreen and high PPD

CONS:
-emphasizes flakes no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize
-further dries out my dry skin
-looks slightly on my nose and between my eyes, even thigh these are the oilier parts of my face

I liked the coverage and the mineral sunscreen aspects, but it dried out my skin. It also emphasized the flakiness on my face, but it was similar to other mineral sunscreens in that regard. I think it would be good for someone with oily skin since it's very matte and drying, but it just didn't work for my skin.

on 1/27/2013 5:50:00 PM

I have very fair skin, so I probably should have known better than to try and use a foundation that comes in a one size matches all color. At first when I put it on it matched pretty well and I was able to lighten up the color a bit with a face powder, but after a few minutes the cream oxidizes and darkens in color, leaving a prominent foundation line on the outer parts of my face. What a shame too since I liked the formula a lot.The cream felt really great on my skin, and it definitely moisturizes. Coverage is medium to light. Not recommended for fair skin though.

on 1/14/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora a couple of weeks ago and instantly loved it. From the second I put it on I had a dewy, glowing complexion. I don't have a problem with acne, but I do have dry, dull skin, with some dark spots. This evened out the dark spots and left my dull skin looking so nice. And it provides enough coverage for me that I don't use foundation or even powder over it. After using it for two weeks, I think my skin looks better over all, even when I am not using it.