TheBalm TimeBalm Foundation

Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Talc, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterol, Phospholipids, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 Mica CI 77019. May Contain: Ultramarines CI 77007.

on 7/5/2010 6:28:00 PM

I'm surprised this doesn't get many reviews as there are a lot of good reviews on Sephora. This is the best creme foundation. It gives flawless coverage but doesn't feel like a mask, you can hardly tell you are wearing foundation. I was weary it would break me out as I have very sensitive skin but I have had no breakouts from wearing this. Light-medium is the perfect match for my fair yellow toned skin. Best applied with a damp foundation brush which gives you a nice even finish.
Strawberry net are now selling this brand which is great as this is hard to get in Aust.

Very emollient creme foundation. Great coverage, a little too oily for my combo oily skin but I'll live because it's so easy to blend. You have to set with powder though of course but this stuff is a hidden gem!

on 6/15/2010 1:41:00 AM

My Color Me Beautiful and Mary Kay colors/types of foundation were discontinued, I have used MAC often, but I end up buying things I didn't intend to buy, and regret it. Have been having health problems so do alot of online shopping, I've liked for the most part The Balm's products (esp the concealer), so tried their Time Balm, very creamy, good for us over 35! And a little goes a long way. Will purchase again, altho for the summer will switch to a lighter product.

on 5/5/2010 12:12:00 PM

My HG foundation is a cream foundation (Avene) but it's hard to find and I've been trying to find an alternative for a long time. I didn't know TheBalm had a foundation but when I tried it at Sephora, the Light-Medium shade was absolutely the correct shade for me and so I tried it along with the concealer. I was a bit iffy about using my own pot of foundation with my fingers, so I tried a few different application and they all turned out great. The color was a superb match for me as I always have problems with foundations being too yellow or too neutral. Color was a problem with other brands (like Paul & Joe, which is too neutral for me). Anyways, the real test was when I put on something wrong for my skin. My forehead was lobster red and other liquid foundations I used could not cover it without looking splotchy and with multiple layers. I just grabbed this foundation and stippled it on with a damp sponge and the redness was covered. I used very little product and the end result did not look splotchy at all and lasted all day. Hence I am sold on this foundation. I suggest using a small flat foundation brush or a damp sponge for a thin application for daily use. A little of this product goes a long way. Just remember to set it with powder, as this is a cream foundation, not a liquid foundation. I took one lippie off for the horrible cheap packaging as this is really an amazing product that deserves to look better.

on 5/2/2010 11:07:00 AM

I was a huge Vincent Longo fan until they discontinued the Water Canvas line. This foundation works in a very similar fashion, but at a fraction of the price. It's not heavy, and disapears into the skin when applied with a foundation brush (don't even bother with the crappy sponge that comes in the package - it applies WAY too thick). It can be a little dry, so you'll want to use a primer first. But the look is very natural, and evens out the skin tone nicely. It's also good for Summer because it won't fade, change color, or slide off the face like some moisturizing formulas will. Note that if you're looking for full "can't tell there's skin under there" coverage, this isn't the right product for you - it's more of a natural look, but it WILL hide redness, blotchiness, uneven tone, etc. My big gripe about this product is the packaging - the cheap plastic pot is fragile, and the lid shatters easily.

I love this "foundation", I actually use it as a concealer. I feel that it would be too heavy to be used as a foundation, I defiantly would not put this all over my face. I was going to get the Time Balm Concealer but then I saw this and it was practically the same thing! I don't see a difference in the Time Balm concealer and foundation. I got the foundation just because you get a whole lot more of product and the price was really good. I use this for my dark under eye cirlces and any blemishes/scarring and it's great! I wouldn't use this with a brush though, it's too hard and thick so I think it's best to just use your fingers so the product can warm up before you apply to your face. I would def. buy this again when I run out, or when it expires.

on 9/7/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is now my holy grail foundation. It works like clockwork on my dry skin. Lasts throughout the day, no touch ups needed. Can be applied for full coverage (no concealer needed, I mean FULL coverage). Can also be sheered out by using for example a damp sponge. Awsome product. I have used it daily for over a month and I've had no issues with breakouts, my skin even feels and looks smoother now than before I started to use it.

I also use this as a concealer and I use it to even out skin tone on eyelids all the way up to the brows.

The look of this is extremely natural imho. It don't look cakey or anything like that..

Love it!

on 7/8/2009 11:59:00 AM

I am always on the quest for the best foundation. I find that liquid foundations tend to settle into my pores and wrinkles. Mineral foundation works OK - particularly Everyday Minerals, but is messy. I love TheBalm concealer so decided to try this out.

I absolutely love this foundation. I don't need any touchups throughout the day, and I have oily skin. I ditched the sponge that comes with it, and tried using a foundation brush. However, I found that using my fingers was the best way.

I use a primer before application (SmashBox) and it lasts all day. I highly recommend this.

on 5/15/2009 10:27:00 AM

So after reading many different opinions on this product and hearing them off SA's and friend's of make up artists etc, I decided the only way I would find out if this was for me is if I just bought the thing! Being a huge fan of the time balm concealer I was very excited when I heard they were bringing out a foundation with the same consistency. So far I have found it to be just as creamy as the concealer and it is very full coverage, I didn't even need to conceal blemishes, it covered it all, and since it's buildable you can treat those stubborn blemishes.

So in conclusion I love it and can't wait to do my make up tomorrow.

on 3/31/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

amazing for travel or everyday when you don't have a lot of time/energy to get your face on & GO! the first few times i used it, i was not amazed, as the application was a bit thick & streaky. fortunately, i've figured it out and now i'm very happy with this product.

you might as well throw out the sponge this comes with -- it's useless. i use MAC Strobe Cream as a primer, then apply this foundation with a makeup sponge spritzed with hydrating toner. i hate how this looks applied with a foundation brush -- dry OR damp. since i started using this technique, my coworkers have been regularly commenting on how flawless and glowy i look.

the medium works for my olive skintone, although i'm pretty sure i'll need to switch to mid-medium (too dark & orange for winter!) when i have a tan.

for nights out when i have plenty of time to get ready, i will be sticking with higher-end (Chanel, MUFE) liquid foundations & a foundation brush. but you can't beat it for day to day.

Popular Crème Foundations