Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 2/21/2015 12:19:00 AM

This foundation is one of the best foundations in the world. The packaging, price, and horrible packaging make it hard to use on a daily basis but it's nice to have around for fancy occasions. But I'm warning you, do not try to take this foundation anywhere. The amount of times it has spilt all over my car is ridiculous. I wish I could find the perfect drugstore dupe for this to use everyday. It's a great foundation, I've gone through two bottles, but it's not convenient for everyday use.

on 2/20/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Being a makeup junkie, I ran out and bought this foundation based on the loyal following and the YouTube reviews. Maybe I expected too much, but I wasn't really impressed with it. It seems like an average run-of-the-mill foundation, not better or worse than any drugstore foundation. Because of this, I just can't justify spending the money.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful in pictures but breaks my skin out the next day, every time. Not very much coverage but a nice finish.

Was unique upon its release, but now it is outperformed by other foundations on the market (in my opinion). Would not recommend if you want anything more than sheer-light/medium coverage and have sensitive skin.

on 2/19/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been wanting to try this foundation forever, I finally bought it and the color is great. I have a really hard time finding foundation that comes in my shade, usually I have to buy 2 shades to make my perfect shade, making it more expensive. This foundation is better than okay by not great. I will use this as an everyday foundation, but will not provide full coverage at all. I have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and dark acne scars on my chin. It minimally covers these problems. I am combo/oily and does not control oil at all. If you are looking for medium coverage, have minimal skin issues, and normal to combo skin, I think this would be a great foundation for you. I will continue to use as an everyday foundation and use color correctors for my problem areas.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the best foundation I have ever tried. It has great coverage. I have redness in my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead and this stuff completely covers it! Confidence levels go up 100%! Also, my old foundation that I would use all the time before this one was the "Mac Match Master Foundation," it was pretty good coverage too, the only thing was when I saw myself in sunlight, you could totally see that my face was orange! Did not like that at all, so then I was on the hunt for a new foundation, that had medium coverage, and did not have an orange tint to it! Voila! I had found it, Makeup Forever HD Foundation! Sadly, they are ALWAYS out of my shade!

on 2/13/2015 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

No. I am beyond dissatisfied with this foundation and it makes me upset to give such a bad review on a beautiful product! The colour, blend ability, scent, and packaging of it are an A+, but for someone who has redish purple hyperpigmentation from severe acne, this is a nightmare. It feels so oily on the skin (I use all salicylic acid products so it cuts down my oil already!!) and IS NOT BUILDABLE for extra coverage. I shamefully used this alone for my grad pictures and hated how I looked. I'm so unhappy that I wasted money on this, but I do hope that it works for other women.

on 2/10/2015 5:53:00 PM

My skin: Eczema prone / acne prone at times / sensitive / slight rosacea / dry and flaky / pale+yellow undertones
This foundation does cover my problem areas decently (medium coverage) and does not accentuate my dry patches, however it does slightly burn for a second while putting it on.
To me the finish seems skin like and very natural. Even though I find it has better coverage than the Estee Lauder double wear foundation it does feel really light compared to the EL DW and does not look as flat as the EL DW. If I did not have problems with eczema and could use it all over my face on a daily bases this would definitely be my HG!!!!
EXTRA PLUS: Great color range. I am an NC 20 and I use the shade 120.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found that this foundation blends really well but it does NOT cover imperfections at all. I have a lot of post-acne scarring from using Retin-a and this foundation is so sheer it's embarrassing. I think those that rave about this foundation are those with little to no imperfections and dry skin. If you are one of those with scarring, blemishes, etc. I would not recommend this foundation. Oh, and it's $42. I have a Korean bb cream that cost $14 that surpasses the coverage of this foundation!

P.s. If you have oily skin stay away from this foundation. I'm an oily mess by the time I finish applying. Yes, I use a mattifying primer + mattifying setting powder.

on 2/9/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

for me it is not a full coverage foundation, it a medium to light, I love it for everyday it looks natural on the skin and doesn't emphasize dry patches it's not extremely long lasting on me but that could be duo to the humid climate I live in.

on 2/5/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For the quality of this brand I was expecting more. I read reviews on how this foundation covered well, but It didn't do that for me at all. It was not worth it for almost forty dollars. After a few hours of wearing it made my skin oily and greasy looking. The color worked great with my skin tone. I don't think this foundation is worth the big bucks.