Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 7/25/2010 10:57:00 PM

texture is medium. the korean direction says moisten it with either water or toner. when the sugar disolves a little bit, it works as a good scrub. scent...i found it very synthetic. it was a VERY familiar scent but i couldnt figure it out....i found out when i jumped in the shower this morning. it smells like my boyfriend's irish spring bodywash. -_-

i left it on for 15 minutes as the tub directed me to. black sugar is supposed to be very moisturizing, and i found it so. after i washed it off, my skin was very soft and it didnt feel tight even 10 minutes have passed without toner. after toner and lotion, it feels amazing. i didnt see much brightening but skin texture wise...its a good stuff if you have sligtly dry skin. it sure does get rid of the flakes.

on 6/18/2010 8:21:00 AM

Lovely product~ The day after I used this product for the first time I got so many compliments about my skin and I wasn't even wearing any face makeup. I don't feel that it's too harsh on my skin but if some people feel this way you can mix it with some water or toner. It exfoliates well and has a slight moisturizing and brightening effect. I have quite a few masks from Skinfood and this is my favorite. Has become my HG mask, will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am totally impressed with this product! The size of the sugar granules are perfect for me. It's a true scrub which exfoliates beautifully; my skin is almost bulletproof and can handle a lot of pinching, harsh alcohol toners, you name it; but I think that some people with sensitive skin might consider it a bit harsh. I wet my face in the shower, massage on about a nickel-sized amount in circular motions until the sugar granules dissolve, leave it on for about 3 minutes while I wash my hair, then rinse off the mask. It leaves behind a silky smooth feeling and a thin film of humectants (doesn't feel like residue) which keeps skin moisturised. The scent is great as well! It doesn't smell like molasses/brown sugar, but is a nice lemony fresh scent - kind of like dishwashing liquid, but milder and more mellow. This mask has become my HG exfoliator, and my skin has become much more even and smooth after using this 2 - 3 times a week for a month.

Cons: The consistency of the product is very thick. You'll need to wet your face before applying the mask. No biggie though, as I use this in the shower anyway. One lippie deducted for packaging because I wish it was a simple airtight cap instead of a screw cap. And I wish it came with some sort of spatula for digging out the product, instead of having to use fingers (or finding your own spatula).

This product is definitely worth the money!

on 5/3/2010 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used this when I was staying at my best friends house in Korea...she had a tub in her bathroom hehe. Personally I found it too harsh and didn't really notice that my skin looked any more radiant or revived like it usually does when I use scrubs. The scent was pretty nice though. I wouldn't buy this myself.

on 5/3/2010 2:12:00 PM

Currently on my third tub of black sugar mask. This facial scrub works great for me, the beads are coarse enough but not that rough on the skin, just scrub gently on a wet face. Gentle scrubs does nothing for me so I am happy with the texture of this. It removes dead skin cells really well and leaves my face very soft after using it. Does not cause any breakouts. Contains rich minerals and vitamin to provide luster and smoothness to skin. I use it twice or thrice a week and a tub lasted me about a year.

this masks smells really good but I found it to be terribly average. I didn't see any improvements with my skin, it's just a ordinary scrub. I can find much cheaper alternatives, will not be repurchasing.

on 3/6/2010 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is really an awesome mask.. so cheapppp..i will repurchase again... greatt

on 3/2/2010 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This mask is wonderful for morning use. I know most mask instruct to use at night but i feel that this helps set my makeup for some reason. Also, I notice Skinfood doesn't post ingredients(in English) but the smell of it smells EXACTLY like this brand of lemon black soap that's sold and exported from Africa. I loved that soap but my Aunt bought it for me years ago and i forgot the name of it. If they're incorporating black soap in this product that would explain the good results from the mask.

UPDATE: It's like "Getrade Village Fresh Black Soap" from Ghana. that's the soap i was thinking of

on 2/28/2010 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
you can use it either as a mask wash off or a exfoliator.
it smells great, make sure you dont RUB the product in, gently massage with it.
it has a nice moisturizing effect, and it feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good when i am massaging with it, it feels like all the dirt, and makeup is being rubbed, and cleansed off.
afterwards you use it, your skin feels clean, glowy, moisturized, and fresh
A THUMBS UP!!!

on 2/13/2010 9:24:00 PM

Wow! I was totally surprised with this product! I bought it on a whim because I heard it was popular here in korea. I sort of figured it for a gimicky product, but I used it last night after cleansing and my skin was glowing, soft and radiant. I don't leave it on like a mask, but use it on my wet face as a scrub to exfoliate.

Down sides: a little expensive (7,000 won for a small jar), and I don't like the packaging at all. It's a small plastic jar that you dip your fingers into and scoop out the product. Because it's sugar, it begins to disolve with water, and if your hands are wet then it causes the product to start to disolve. I'd much rather have a squeeze tube, but then again, the scrub is so thick that might not work very well.

Popular Scrubs