Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 4/11/2007 3:56:00 PM

I have tried a lot of mineral makeup products including, BE, Everyday Minerals, Alima, Meow Cosmetics, etc. I do like this mineral foundation the best so far out of everyone I have tried. However, I tend to get a little shiny after several hours. It does cover very well and blends effortlessly. It doesn't get cakey like many mineral products do.

on 4/11/2007 2:20:00 AM

I love this mineral makeup! I have tried quite a few, none with the same result as I get from this. It goes on really easy for a mineral makeup, not to shimmery but still has a beautiful soft luminous glow. A little goes a long way,use a light hand and this will go on perfectly.

on 4/10/2007 4:01:00 PM

I've used this when it first came out in Real Sand, which made my fair skin with yellow undertones look muddy. Last week I got a sample of the new Soft Porcelain shade. After trying I don't know how many samples of EM- and never finding the right one- I was amazed this one matches my skintone perfectly. In fact, the coverage, finish, staying power, soft focus shine.. it all is perfect. My skin is blotchy and I have some acne marks. I couldn't believe how even and beautiful my skin looks with this. It does slip a little around my nose and it's too light for summer, but for winter it's great.

on 4/10/2007 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

WOW! I have tried several kinds of mineral make-up over the years, and everytime I say never again. Then someone on the boards will rave about another one, and I run off and try it again. Usually I hate the results- Tin Man shiney, no coverage, horrible colors, oxidation, etc etc. But my, oh my, Laura Mercier has changed all that!!
I'm in love. This elimates about 3-4 steps for me AND looks better than ANY foundation I've ever tried. And let me tell you, I've tried a ton of MMU, powder, liquid, creme, etc etc. This even passed the DH test! He HATES foundation and thinks it all looks fake and awful. But he loves this, says it covers up my melasma (I'm 8 months pregnant now) without covering my beautiful face. :) What a guy! What a great product!
As others noted, this does give a luminious finish, but not the super shiny look I've gotten with other MMU. Doesn't settle into my pores and lines the way other MMU have. I'm experimenting with brushes, since I've bought many for applying MMU. So far I'm liking the Youngblood Ultimate Foundation brush. It is smaller than most kabukis, but gives a nice finish with this product.
For reference, I'm about a 5.5 in GA LSF and the Rich Vanilla is perfect. No color change over the day. It looks really dark and gray in the jar, and I was sure it wouldn't work. But once I put it on- perfect! No gray cast and just the right level of darkness. Ok, I must admit, maybe it is the teeny tiniest smidge too dark. I'm contemplating mixing to get it exact, but it is so close, I may not. I've been using this about a week now. LOVE!
EDIT 05/09/07- still loving, but must admit the color selection is a problem. I think I am a smidge lighter than both GA LSF 5.5 and LM MMU Rich Vanilla. I'm using Real Sand now and it is a smidge too light. But closer, esp when topped with bronzer or mixed with a dash of Rich Vanilla. Also, for more coverage, try using the Philosophy MMU brush- really gives a nice dense coverage where needed, then I finsih my whole face using a different brush- the LM Blending Brush, KA Buff Powder Brush, or Trish's MMU brush.
EDIT 07/20/07- still working with the color!! They all come up a touch gray/green now that my skin has a bit of a tan (from the bottle, of course!). But a mixture of this in Real Sand with BE MMU in Tan is the perfect combo- the LM gives me coverage w/o sparkle and the BE Tan adds the color and tone I need. And the BE Heavenly Face brush is my current fave, and top it all with BE Tinted Mineral Veil. Really natural, perfect color match, and just enough glow. continued >>

on 4/8/2007 11:35:00 AM

Ooh firstly i'm on a mmu kick after discovering em matte mixed with olay complete makes the best coverage TM.

i tried this as my cousin was returning from the states and got me this item is real sand n tender rose, Luckily. b/c for my NC20 skin tone, real sand was too dark( neutral warm), and tender rose was too light( cooler pinkish), it is the best match if mixed together but still a little bit too pinky for my asian skintone.

i used it alone like how u usually use a mmu, with mac 182 and finished off with some mac blot powder.

the texture alone is great though! if only it lasted longer, it dissappeared after 2 hrs and i have sensitive normal/dryish skin to start off.

For comparisons, its silkier than EM, Alima lasts longer though, but alima is dryer textured this one has a foil satin finish,may be way shiny for some but i would say closest to EM's original glo finish or shinier

UPDATE: after trials of mixing the colors this is still too cool/pink on me ( i'm neutral warm fair) n i *think* the bismuth or something is making me itch :(

on 4/7/2007 11:16:00 PM

ok I got this yesterday so I used it the first time today. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?!?!?! I don't know if I've ever been wowed by a product like this before. I bought it in Real Sand and it's the perfect color (not bad for ordering online! Sephora does a great job at describing the color). I've used just about all the MMU, from BE, Cory, Neutrogena, Philosophy, UD, AR, etc. More recently I've been using AR because it was clearanced out on sephora.com and I've been having good skin days. AR is somewhat sheer but buildable. I've been wanting just a touch more coverage and shine control. LM totally delivers. Rather than shiny mica for that 'hey I'm trying to look glowy' shine, LM uses pearl powder. Totally different. I have a glow and not a shine. I applied it with a kabuki brush and a retractable brush so I could narrow down on a zit that cropped up overnight. This stuff is so unbelievably natural looking! It covers what I want covered without any cakiness or dryness. And it's sort of a semi matte finish, but not dry. It kept my skin soft all day and it wasn't nearly as shiny as it usually gets. I even took a nap with it on and when I woke up it was still perfect! I love how someone finally came up with the idea to add that twist top so that you can seal off the shaker holes and make it more portable. I touched up just a little before we went out for dinner, and it layers impeccably. YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS IN YOUR MAKEUP BAG!!! worth every penny, I would pay triple digits to have this stuff but I'll settle at $35 :) This really deserves like 10 lippies!

on 4/6/2007 4:53:00 PM

I have found my HG foundation! I love the ease of mineral makeup (powders)I have used many brands. I am so excited about this one! The coverage is fantastic and you do not look made up at all. I used it with the tinted moisturizer and I can not rave enough.

If you are on the fence about this one GO BUY IT...you will not be disappointed.

on 4/6/2007 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to also rave about this awesome product. I've always hated foundations, I used LM tinted moisturizer(which I also like), tried the Armani foundation and that was good because if applied with a damp sponge went on sheer. In my quest I found Philosophy airbrushed mmu and really liked it but @ times it was more coverage than what I wanted. This new LM I'm in love with.Feels weightless on my skin, beautiful perfect finish, not to shiny not too matte. I can see if you want more coverage you can adjust w/out looking cakey or powdery. I also splurged and bought the brush. Couldn't love it more. Also I'm dry but get a bit oily in the t-zone. So far so good, no oil slicks here. A+ product imhp.Edit:I now have neen using this on top of the LM primer and tinted moisturizer and my skin looks so natural and flawless.Very versatile, love it.

on 4/6/2007 9:23:00 AM

Love, love it. LM makes the best products. I've tried La Bella Donna MMU as well and this is just as good and looked flawless on me. I got Rich Vanilla and the Blending Brush. Will repurchase again and again.

on 4/3/2007 10:00:00 AM

OK, it's official: I'm in love. I have been using mineral makeup for about two years. My HG had been Jane Iredale Amazing Base in Warm Silk (& I have tried A LOT of mmus). However, when I bought it this time, it seemed like the color had been reformulated or something. Suddenly, it was much too dark. So instead of making an appointment with the aesthetician so I could try on different shade of JI (what a pain), I decided to try the new LM mmu. And it's fantastic! It costs about the same as JI & gives a similar, though possibly better, finish! It looks great, very natural. And this morning it passed the final test: as with Amazing Base, you can mix this with a moisturizer to make your own tinted moisturizer (some mmus will clump up if you try this). I also feel like this is making a couple of little spots I have on my face heal up. Maybe I'm crazy, but I love it! The one thing I don't know yet is whether this has the same excellent sun protection that JI has. It says it has spf 15 (I think the JI says 20). If I find it doesn't work well, I will update.
PROS: excellent finish, good packaging, easily available, short ingredients list, possible skin benefits.
CONS: none for me, but right now there are only a few shades so there might not be a good match for everyone.
I love it!
Here's the ingredients list: For Tender Rose: Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Pearl Powder. May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Besides JI, I have also tried BE, Physician's Formula, Alima, Lauress, Everyday Minerals, L'Oreal...there may be others, but I can't remember. Some were good, some were bad, but this is the best! UPDATE 4/12/07: The longer I use this, the better my skin looks. I don't know what this stuff is doing but right now, today, I have the best skin I've ever had in my life. I wish I could give this 10 lippies! UPDATE 4/17/07 Loving it more & more! It has excellent lasting power, continues to look great, & I swear my skin is looking better than it ever has.