Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/24/2012 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I honestly don't think this eyeliner is as good as the high end gel/cream eyeliners I've tried. It is, however, the best drugstore gel liner I have come across--lightyears better than the terrible L'Oreal HIP version. I tried the black, and it isn't opaque in one swipe, but it builds up nicely and lasts very well. The price is pretty standard for a drugstore gel liner these days, but it's not a great deal compared to the 5 USD more MAC Fluidline costs, which I think is a vastly superior eye liner. The answer is, of course, to get the Maybelline on sale if price matters more than quality. I think the shape of the brush is fabulous, dense at the base, but tapers out to a nice point. The quality of the brush is terrible, though, and began to show extreme wear after maybe a dozen uses and cleanings. I've actually been trying to find a more quality version of the same shape, but so far nothing has satisfied. I ended up giving this away, brush and all, to someone who loved it more and didn't have pots of better gel liners taking priority. I did say I would buy it again, even though I probably won't, unless I want the brush again, simply because if I were to every need a drugstore gel liner again, such as finding myself somewhere without a department store or Sephora and needing eye liner, I would buy this.

on 4/23/2012 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great gel liner. Goes on smooth, dark, and stays where you put it. No transfer, smearing, etc. Very easy to apply. I have it in brown and charcoal. Wears well in the waterline. Nice compact glass jar with screw on lid. I have had mine for several months and they show no signs of drying out. I have several other brands, and this is my favorite.

on 4/22/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I adore this stuff! This was the first gel liner I ever tried and I don't regret it. It was quite expensive, but for me it's really worth it.
Before this, I was using a black kohl pencil during the day and I was getting really fed-up with it to be honest, as it smudges like crazy as soon as the weather starts to get warmer.
I found this really easy to apply, which for a gel eyeliner virgin like me, is really saying something. It glides on really well and it's possible to get both a really thin line, and a nice thick line. The first time I applied this was for a night out, and even though I was already rather drunk it was easy to apply.
I like the brush it comes with too, though it is important to wash it as soon as you've finished with it. I learned this the hard way when I used it, left it and tried to use it the next morning and found the bristles hard and stiff.
The thing I can find fault with, is that it sometimes imprints onto my upper lid. This only happens on really warm days though or if I get really hot and sweaty. This isn't an issue on a normal day as long as you leave it to dry properly, and because it dries quite quickly this shouldn't be a problem.
I would recommend this to a friend and I will be buying again.
Tip: If you make a mistake while you are applying, get a Q-tip and put a little of your foundation or moisturiser on it. It blends away the mistake and doesn't leave a gap in your makeup.

on 4/19/2012 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

WOW! this is an amazing liner! Since trying a few gel/cream liners, i def think this liner is great! So far so good and ill go into detail in my review....
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel liner can be found wherever your Maybelline products are sold. I have seen this in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid as well as mass stores like Target & Walmart & Kmart & such. The price is going to vary depending on your location as well as sales/discounts/coupons but i have seen this priced around $5-8 which is a fair price esp since you get so much product!
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
The Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liners are an amazing affordable gel cream eyeliner. This is great for beginners to experts alike. This is def a thick cream/gel liner. I think its more on the cream base but i dont have it to look at ingredients. The formula is smooth & creamy and super pigmented. These glide on well w/ your brush. Depending on what brush you use, you can def get a thin or thick line. The formula is smooth & creamy and well pigmented as well as, this lasts SUPER LONG. now i do prime my eyes as well as use a cream base sometimes. I have tried this alone (i do have normal lids, those with more oily lids def should prime & powder their eyes for any makeup to hold longer) This last alone, for around 6 hrs before i saw any fading or moving of the liner but w/ my typical primer, this last until i have to forcifully remove it w/ my makeup wipes & sometimes even a makeup remover is needed! This looks just as good hours later after ive applied it! im so glad that they have released a few different colors. The basic black, brown & i believe they did have an eggplant purple as well as a LE Forest Green color. These are a great alternative to the Loreal HIP cream liners that have been discontinued. I do prefer my WNW Creme liner but they only have black & eggplant so i def wanted a brown liner for my pale skin. Sometimes black is too harsh & dramatic esp during the day & Brown is def a dark brown but can be worn everyday w/ any look. Its dark enough that it defines the lash line & completes my looks. I love using this year round. I think this formula is def better than some liquid liners since this can be more forgiving- you do have a little bit of time to work with it but once it dries, its not going anywhere. Unlike liquid liner, this doesnt dry automatically & if you messed up, then you have to start over. This allows you to move it around & wipe if needed. So if you are a fan of liquid liner precision & definition but want something less dramatic, def give this a shot! Brown is perfect for everyday day looks as well as nite looks even! Great performance on this liner as well! its long lasting & great!
~~PACKAGING~~
The Maybelline Gel liners come in a very nice glass jar with a hard plastic twist on & off lid. This is nice & sleek and looks expensive. Its similar to say Mac Fluidlines. Its a nice size- you actually get 0.10 oz of liner. Trust me, this will last awhile. Ive had mine for almost 3 months & barely made it half way through. I dont use it everyday (as i was dumb & opened up a few gel/cream liners not realizing that id have to get rid of them or they'd dry up before i got to use them up so make sure to save them or wait to purchase until you're close to being done) This is a great amount of product/liner so you will def get your use of it! Whats best about this liner- they include a brush. I love the brush. Its more along the lines of a mini concealer brush than say an angled liner brush but i find the brush is really easy to use & does give great ease of lining the eyes. Some may prefer their own brush but ive reached for the included brush a few times. I like it- imagine a usable brush included in a drugstore product, its never happened to me :) So if you dont have a brush, you most def can use the one they give you. Awesome!
Overall, the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner is a great option for anyone looking for a gel liner or a nice liner to use on a daily basis. This is def worth the price, its affordable & amazing! Great lasting power! I will def recommend this liner & id def repurchase, if Maybelline was cruelty free ( i didnt know better when i first started getting into makeup) So until they sign the paper saying they will QUIT TESTING ON POOR INNOCENT CREATURES, i cannot purchase from the company.. sadly

The worst eyeliner I have ever tried. This smudges like crazy. I have never had eyeliner that bled into my eyelid folds, but this sure did! NOT smudge proof and NOT long lasting. It was smudging within the hour. I tried using primer, setting it with powder... nothing worked. No way am I ever buying this again. Stay clear of this!

on 4/18/2012 3:34:00 PM

I also love this eye liner! This is the first non-pencil liner I've ever tried, and I doubt I ever go back to a pencil, at least not for all day wear. I bought the black (which actually comes out navy blue on me), and I plan to purchase the brown. I personally think this is even better than the Bobbi Brown ink liners that everyone is raving about. AND it's a third of the price. It goes on much smoother, too.

on 4/17/2012 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I like this gel liner but to be honest...the staying quality is not amazing. It is important to note that I have oily eyelids :( and nothing stays on them! Even urban decay zero eyeliner does not stay! So thats important to note. If your eyelids arent that oily, this product will be great. But be careful to use this quickly because it will dry out and then the product is just useless. Overall, a good buy form the drugstore but there are cheaper alternatives, like the wet n wild gel liner.

on 4/17/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love it! I have them in brown and black, and I wear the brown one almost every day.

It applies very smoothly and stays for the whole day. It does not smudge either, but I have dry eyelids. The only complain I may have is that the color of the brown one isn't the most intense -- it would be perfect if it was a bit darker!

on 4/17/2012 6:59:00 AM

Love this eyeliner, I'm a devout liquid eyeliner gal but wanted to try something different - this was on offer in my local supermarket so i thought why not?
Best decision ever! I was apprehensive at first - im not the worlds best "eyeliner applying female" and the brush that comes with it made me nervous, but this went on so smoothly i couldn't believe it.
Only con is that after a good few hours it can look slightly smudgy and can imprint on your top lid if you don't let it dry for long enough, but nothing that cant be easily fixed!
So yes, i would recommend this to everyone, even those who arent that confident in applying make up!

If anyone is interested in pictures - i have a picture of the first time i applied it (yes i was that happy with it and it was new year so sh!).

on 4/17/2012 2:42:00 AM

This is a really great gel liner, works fine for what I want and I can get the look I want with it. I haven't had any problems with it drying up or smudging. The reason I wouldn't repurchase this is because I have found a product that does the same thing for much cheaper (especially in Australia) and that is essence

Video Reviews & Tutorials