MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 9/9/2011 6:41:00 PM

This is an excellent foundation. It feels like you have no make-up on yet it provides decent coverage. I have yet to use it with the stipple brush, but I find that it goes on well with #190. Its moisture content makes it ideal for winter. In the summer you may want to use it with a transparent blotting powder. One final note, great value for the price. My bottle lasts forever.

on 9/7/2011 4:32:00 PM

I am now on my second bottle of f&b, for a multitude of reasons. i am nc25, and use c3 in f&b. when i first buy it, its amazing. dewy and shiny nad a perfect match. it doesnt oxidize during the day and stays ever-so-slightly-glowy all day! for $35 you get a huge bottle so you have absolutely no chance of finishing the bottle before the cons start...

the cons of this are that it separates and turns weird. mine did so in about 4 months. after that, i constantly had to shake the bottle to even out the consistency. after a while, that didnt help either, bc the color kept darkening in the bottle. it was nuts. i tried to use it on my legs and body so i coudl use as much of it as possible, but it was nearly impossible. SO dont be fooled by how much you get for $35. you will likely only use about half of the bottle before "turns"-still reasonable, but come on.

all that being said, ive obviously repurchased bc i do love it. i just wish that it wouldnt get weird quite so fast.

on 9/7/2011 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

POSITIVES:

- You do get a lot for your money, especially in comparison to the MUFE face & body.

- It looks pretty natural on the skin and can be built up to your tastes. One layer gives light coverage, whereas 2 gives medium for me, covering blemishes and evening skin tone whilst still letting the freckles on my nose show through.

- Works nicely on the legs by covering small veins and bruising. Also gives a slight sheen to them which is nice, making my legs look slightly more 'airbrushed' (and is more economically friendly than Sally Hansen airbrush legs which costs £10 for a small bottle).

NEGATIVES:

- Formula seems to go off very quickly. I have owned 6 bottles of F&B since 2008, and all have oxidized about 1-3 shades darker in the bottle or changed in texture after a couple of months. Heard you can slow this problem down by storing it in the fridge though.

- Breaks me out with whiteheads and ugly pustules over my entire face, particularly my forehead and cheeks. I do not know what it is about MAC foundations but every single one manages to break me out in acne. I do remove my makeup throughly every night with my Clarisonic Mia, so yes I do remove it properly.

- It smells...odd. My sensitive skin cannot handle strong fragrances and F&B is no exception, irritating my skin.

- I have normal/combo skin (only combo in warm weather, otherwise normal) and this foundation tends to oil up on me very quickly unless I use an oil controlling primer, something I don't like to do as primers seem to suffocate my skin. Most foundations I have tried last on my skin all day with minimal oil break-throughs...at most, my nose gets dewy. But with this my entire face looks greasy after about 3 hours, even when set with powder.

- Staying power is not so good, despite claims of being waterproof. It separates on my face (I'm guessing because of how greasy it gets on me) and fades patchily throughout the day where it melts off.

- Whilst C1 is a good colour match for my NC18-20 self, because this foundation oxidizes throughout the day it ends darker than my neck/chest after a few hours.

on 9/7/2011 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am a guy and my coworker introduced me to MAC. I wish I tried this foundation sooner! I liked the Studio Sculpt and Studio Fix Fluid, but they can be a little much if I'm not careful. After trying this one, I absolutely love it. The guy at the MAC counter suggested this to me and it's so nice. I love how it covers so well. I don't think this is "sheer" coverage -- it covers a lot. I apply this with my fingers and all my imperfections are hidden flawlessly. I also use the Mineralize powder on top. No one can tell I wear foundation, I get so many compliments on my skin.

I have to agree with the other reviews on how it leaves you feeling greasy. To take care of that I use milk of magnesia before priming and foundation application. Takes care of the oil all day long. I hope this helps out everyone else.

on 9/7/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I already had the C4 and it matches perfectly with my skin tone. But I wanted more tan on my skin. So I bought C5. C5 gives more warmth. Because of the light texture it isn't too dark. The C5 is not too orange what I was afraid for. Now during summer time the C5 do just fine. During winter I think de C4 does a better job.

When you have combo skin this product maybe to sticky. I also have combo skin but through the years (I am 40) my skin gets drier so this product is perfect for my.

By the way, I also use the satinfinish NC40. I like the light texture in combination with the moisture. Definitely I must have.

on 9/6/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is an NW20/25 depending on season, and is very oily. I like full coverage foundation, so Studio Fix Fluid is my HG. But, that said, I love this foundation!
I use it on my neck and chest daily, in C3, because it makes my foundation look seamless, and my the skin on my neck look flawless and tanned :) Doesn't look like theres foundation there at all!!
Another way i use this is over the top of Studio Fix, to give a healthy glow :) doesn't move all day, just looks gorgeous, especially in photos!

I had high hopes for this foundation, at the cost of $40 something dollars (in Canada). The MAC MUA said that this would be good for my oily/combination skin and matched me to C2. Honestly, I should've just tried it in store then walked on it for a day to see it's lasting power but I didn't (I've never been too good at saying no to sales associates, unfortunately). By the time I realized that this foundation wasn't for me, I had misplaced the receipt. Plus I kept thinking that I should try it with different powders, primers, application methods and/or brushes. Over the last few months, I have tried to make this work for me and Ive come to the realization that this is sadly a $45 burden in my makeup collection. Let me state first what I did like about it: 1) the packaging: the squeeze tube is easy to use, and the plastic bottle is travel-friendly. 2) The smell: I know other ppl don't like it, but I actually liked this slight floral scent, better than some wax/chemical smell I usually smell from foundations 3) Layering: this product is condusive to many layers and doesn't pill or cake. High points for that.

Onto what I didn't like (which were too many for me to keep using this product): 1) the oil: I honestly don't know what the MUA was thinking selling me this foundation. The moment I set this, my face would be "glowy" then quickly become greasy within an hour, despite all my efforts (primer, powder, less product etc). 2) Smudging: it came off so easily onto my clothes, my boyfriends clothes, my hands, no matter what I did, it would not fully "set". Even my trusty Clinique powder could not make this stay on my face. Hours would pass by but it would still smudge onto clothes or hands. Alas I can't even use it for legs or arms, for fear of smudging
3) durability: similar to #2, the foundation would be gone in about 4 hours, leaving me with blotchy skin.

I do truly regret buying this foundation. Please please go and get a sample first to try it before you purchase, since obviously there is a variety of experiences (obv some ladies enjoyed this). Just try it first!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Well, I really wanted to like this. In fact, I do like it. Love how the shade is just perfect for me. (N9). I dont have to mix shades or anything -its perfect. But! I turn to a greaseball by the time I reach my workplace in the morning. And I need several touchups with my blot powder during the work day to keep my face shine-free. Weird, cos I dont have oily skin per se. But what is a real deal-breaker for me is this: this is the only foundation I have uses so far that is BRAEAKING ME OUT. I never ever have breakouts - just the occasional pimple here and there when my period is coming. But every moring I see this tiny little pimples that yes, they do dry up a few days later but they're leaving tiny scars, as well! So, no repurchase on this one. NW45 in MAC.
I guess I'll stick with my revlon colorstay and MAC Studio Fix powder foundation.

on 8/31/2011 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Bought this after reading the good reviews on here & glad I did! I don't like wearing heavy foundation, it breaks me out & my skin is pretty good most of the time so I don't need full coverage, but I needed something more than my mineralize skinfinish natural for work to make me look 'done up', but not too much... if you get what I mean! This fits my needs perfectly. Its sheer, somewhere between a tinted moisturiser & an actual foundation, & when worn with the skinfinish on top makes me look polished and healthy, a real 'natural' makeup look. I think you need to wear it with powder, its too dewy otherwise.
I apply it with my fingers and rub it in like a mouisturiser, which is quick & easy in the morning. Sometimes I use 2 layers if i feel the need. It blends easy. With the powder on top it seems to last all day too. Also It's 120ml so its a good deal for the price I reckon!

on 8/23/2011 4:34:00 AM

Of all mac foundations i've tried this is by far the best foundation. I have combination skin and most of the foundations doesnt last on my face well but this one does. Now i wear this everyday to school becos it is lightweight..it gives a decent coverage and more than a tinted moisturiser i must say. The best dewy/glowy foundation i've tried so far. I use powder on top to make a little matte finish. I tried with my fingers, it didnt work..now i'm using with coastal scents dome shape kabuki foundation brush...Just perfect!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials