Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

I love, Love, LOVE this stuff! My T-Zone is so oily, I cannot wear drugstore cosmetics. Covergirl, Revlon, Almay, Lo`real, even Neutrogena would wear off or fade in some parts of my face leaving an uneven and patchy look. It would also gunk up in the corners or my eyes and nose. I actually quit wearing foundation because of it. Unfortunatly, as Im aging, Im finding little lines screaming out to me every morning in my mirror. Time for more makeup. My search was long, tedious and time consuming. After countless online reviews, and even a few youtube video reviews, I decided to go with this one. I got mine for around forty one thirty three for a one oz bottle. They had many, many colors to chose from. Normally being a warm beige this or that, I found in this brand I am an alabaster beige. It goes on so light and weightless. Which is an important factor in my foundations. I cant stand having that "makeup" feel on my face. It controls my oily T-Zone and leaves my Entire face and complexion look even and Flawless all day long. Even after a hefty sweat session and wiping my face, it stayed on and looked as it did when I put it on in the morning. Made to withstand the heat and perspiration of being in the spotlight. This is well worth the money and I highly recommend it if you have oily, combination or just Problem skin in general.

I have tried well over 50 foundations and this is the only one that works for me. The consistency is hard to explain, it's almost like a watery gel. It does not highlight texture. My face has a a lot of texture and I often have blemishes, other foundations always highlighted that but this one does not.

I don't care for the bottle though. It's hard to get the product out without a bunch of it pouring out all at once. I think it would be better if it came with a pump. I also wish they had more colors. My skin is on light side and I have cool undertones and they don't really make a color that matches it. I have to mix two colors together.

on 4/6/2009 1:21:00 PM

I love this foundation. It's so sheer and light but at the same time mat and long lasting. It does not look cakey but it covers my flaws. It feels like I’m not wearing anything.

I actually bought it for my wedding and I have been using it ever since (almost 1 year). I don't use a lot of foundations and I hate the thick, heavy cream foundations. They always make my even fine lines look like deep wrinkles especially when I smile. This is why I am not a big fan of the concealers too. Good that I can use MUFE foundation for everything - covering blemishes, under eyes, on the eye lids. On though spots I reapply and dub a couple of times. I also use the foundation from the edges of the jar or from the cap where it seems to be more concentrated.
I apply it with a brush or with a sponge. I think the lightest application is when I use my fingers and then blend it with the sponge. It is really nice and it makes my skin luminous, dewy and almost flawless.
I sometimes mix it with sunscreen for protection or withe some moisturizer when my skin is dry. This is maybe the only negative about this product that it does not contain SPF. It's still alright even if I need to layer a couple of products because it's really light.
It is a little bit expensive but I'll definetely repurchase it. It would have been a lot better if it comes in a pump bottle. (maybe I can try to find a matching pump for this jar)

on 4/5/2009 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

In the past couple of months, I've been testing three foundations: this one, MAC Face and Body foundation, and Dior AirFlash. I've had the best results with Make Up For Ever 's Face & Body. I have oily skin with a few acne scar blemishes, and very large pores and this foundation has been the best at covering up all the blemishes, evening out my skin tone while making my face look dewy and not dull but not shiny and oily looking either. I usually apply this foundation in the morning and my face looks flawless all day. This foundation gives medium - full coverage, yet looks and feels natural and not at all cakey. I get so many compliments on my skin from co-workers and customers and when I tell them I'm wearing foundation, they dont believe me and want to know what foundation I'm wearing.
Definitely, my HG foundation.

on 3/27/2009 10:27:00 AM

I love how this foundation makes my skin 'glow' in a good way but it is way too sheer. It does not even slightly cover my acne marks. I might as well not use any foundation at all. To make things worse the SA matched me to the wrong shade and I ended up looking like a ghost since the shade was too light. However, it did not make me oily or cause breakouts. This foundation is probably good for those looking for an extremely sheer to no coverage. HTH.

on 3/22/2009 8:35:00 AM

pros: sheer, blendable, makes skin look dewy
cons: mild coverage, doesn't seem to last all day, price, packaging
Okay, after reading all the reviews here in MUA, I expected this to be my HG foundation. I was using L'oreal prior to this which I like, not love though so I was ready to purchase one which I would love forever. I choose this because of the reviews and since I thought its great for face and body it would have great coverage. Plus, its pretty expensive and unfortunately I'm one of those people who like to think that with a steep price comes quality. Anyway, upon first application I noticed that the product is very sheer, with my previous foundation, my dark circles would be moderately covered and my acne scars almost invisible, but with this, I had to put in 3 or 4 layers to cover it. To its credit though, it never looks piled up or cakey although one time I used this during a particularly hot and humid day and as I checked my reflection, I can definitely tell that I'm wearing foundation, definite no-no. But any other time it looks natural, even dewy and fresh during its earlier hours. Unfortunately, I wouldn't repurchase this because (1) I had high hopes (2) product is expensive!. I considered returning this but I waited a little longer, I'm stuck with it as I look completely horrendous with my extra dark circles. For now, I'm off to finding a new and more suitable foundation for my skin problem.

on 3/21/2009 1:26:00 PM

Okay, I really wanted this foundation to be my HG. I have to admit, it's pretty great; the best foundation I've ever used, honestly, but it's not perfect. I have very oily skin, and I was a bit hesitant to try a product for my face that contained mineral oil, but it doesn't make my face any shinier or break me out. It actually improved the condition of my skin by making it softer and smoother. It is also one of the best color matches I've had. I use the shade 20, and it blends in with my fair, yet golden, skin tone. Application is easy for me. I can use a foundation brush, a wedge, or my fingers to get even, light coverage. It seems to last all day and not rub off, especially when I use Smashbox Light Primer underneath.

So why not give this product 5 lippies? Well, I really wish it offered more coverage. Even if I put three layers on my chiin, it doesn't hide my mild acne scars. I have to use a concealer, too. Other liquid foundations covered my mild scars without concealer. Also, it seems restrictively expensive. I recommended this product to some friends, who all balked at spending almost $40 on foundation. At least one bottle manages to last a few months.

on 3/20/2009 11:06:00 AM

In the past, I have bought liquid foundation and let it sit all alone unused on my bathroom counter for YEARS before deciding that it's probably gone bad and it's about time it hits the trash... I have done this over and over and over again because I wanted to use a foundation but always hated the FEEL of it on my skin, not to mention the tedious application process, so I would just never reach for it in the morning.
I can get away just fine with no base on my face and just a little blush or a little powder, cause I have pretty unremarkable skin, nothing too horrible but certainly not flawless... I'd say maybe one or two pimples a month so I never worried about covering it up too much.
THEN I did some research on MUA and heard all the buzz words that I was looking for:
Light coverage
smooth aplication
natural finish
won't rub off
weightless feel
...it all seemed too good to be true, so I went down to Sephora and picked out a bottle of MUFE Face and Body in 02 and took it home.
WELL, this stuff really is everything that people claim it to be...and MORE.
It's like a runny jello in the bottle (attractive mental image, I know) so you have to shake it REALLY well before putting a little bit on the back of your hand.
I then take it with my finger and dab it on all over my face, and buff it out with a big kabuki brush.... that's it1! No fussy paint brush application or annoying stroke lines to worry about.
In the bottle, it is not quite the right colour for my very pale face because it is a little too dark, but when I apply it, it dissapears into my skin and just leaves a smooth even canvas, disguising all of the blotches and redness I never knew I had, without making it look like I'm wearing an inch of makeup mask.
Love this stuff!
I forget I'm wearing it, because there is no FEEL to it and I don't have to worry about it smudging off on clothes or anything cause it's not SITTING ON my face, it's blended into the skin.
The best is when I (or my afectionate boyfriend) touch my cheek it is soft and smooth not powdery or sticky.... SOOO lovely!
I will totally repurchase over and over again because I actually USE this stuff... AWESOME!

on 3/18/2009 7:56:00 PM

Ok I'm probably the first person to give this product a mediocre bordering negative review.

Ill start with the consistency of it. Very light gel texture that instantly melts into your skin correcting minor flaws and revitalising it for a soft dewy finish. It is light to medium coverage and is buildable. This is where it starts to go downhill. I tried the Ivory shade which I think is #20 and at first I thought it was perfect match for my light olive skin, however upon the second layer I noticed the foundation immediately began to oxidise (oxidisation occurs once it comes into contact with air) and it turned into an orange/tan colour! Oompa loompas would love this!

After a few hours of wearing it I began to notice my face started itching and small little red bumps forming. Oh my God you can NOT be serious, my skin is having a bad reaction?? The only time my skin has ever reacted to a foundation is from the drug-store ones under $AU 20. I felt like my face was stinging and I think it was most likely due to the cocktail of chemicals mixed in to maximise staying power and coverage. The light-textured feeling really did fool me but it is jam-packed with cones and other comdegenic ingredients which is why it "diminishes" pores so well, it clogs them!

On a final note (if you're still reading), if you have acne-prone, combination or sensitive skin, there is a very high chance your skin will react badly to the formulation. Also there are no olive shades, they're either pink or orange so you will need to neutralise it with the intervention of a yellow-based face-product which is so inconvenient if you don't have the time! I also recommed a sample before the full-size. Anyway my rant is over, seriously not impressed. Needless to say, I am still on the hunt for a HG foundation.

I am currently trying INNOXA satin sheen foundation and so far so good. I'll review that another time!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I will admit, this product wasn't great for me back when I used to have super acne prone skin. I mean the reason why it has such a great smooth finish and is waterproof is because it's stuffed full of silicones and comedogenic material. So acne prone people beware... even though I have really good skin now this will start clogging my pores and still make me break out if I wear it for a couple weeks. I never wear a full face of foundation on a daily basis though, so because of that factor alone this is my HG foundation. It really is all the good things people say about it... unique cool gel texture, melds into your skin and even though it's not a thick coverage somehow it gives your skin a soft focus finish because any skin issues are blurred. Glowy finish (but not shiny), and keeps my skin supple while I'm wearing it. It is very waterproof and longwearing too, which is my favorite part about it. I've never found a foundation that lasts on skin so long and looks so good while doing it like this one does. Oh yeah, and primer isn't necessary. Because of all the silicones and everything that makes it wear smoothly and last long, it literally has primer built in. It was made to last by itself, and works best that way. The only reason why I would use a primer underneath is to protect my skin from pore clogging exposure. One more thing, this is really more of a tip: have the MA at sephora color match you. It doesn't sound necessary, but it's well worth it. The colors do no turn out on skin what they look like they'll be in the bottle, and the numbers don't match what you think would be logical color numbers. For example, I am NC35 and my perfect match is Shade 1. What that's not super pale? No, it's not. It's actually like right in the middle of their color range. AND it looks like it's peachy with pink undertones in the bottle but turns out to be the perfect sandy beige color on my skin. Not like it oxidizes over time or anything (I've worn it all day and night before since it wears so long and it has never oxidized on me), it turns the right color right when you put it on your skin and then looks better like a minute after it's had a chance to set. It's just another weird quirk about the formula. All the MA's who work with it know this, so really have the experts color match you and don't try to do it yourself by eyeing the color in the bottle... that could be disastrous. Expensive but worth it... I've been using it for over 3 years and I'm on my second bottle (there's a lot of product in there, so at least you're getting your money's worth).