Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 3/24/2008 4:58:00 PM

I don't like this for my face because it makes me too shiney/greasy. However, I like it for my body. It absorbs nicely and leaves my skin moisturized and soft.

I love, love, love, Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion! My mom got me started using it 10 years ago, and it is still my favorite moisturizer. I have problems with eczema year-round and dry skin in the winter, and this lotion managed to moisturize my skin beautifully without aggravating it or causing breakouts. A little goes a long way, so it is also a great value since a large pump bottle will (almost) literally last you forever! My mom's skin was even more sensitive than mine and she had nothing but raves about it too. A truly indispensible beauty aid!

on 3/17/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am atm 99% sure this is wreaking havoc on my skin! My skin is so irritated its not even funny. My face has erupted into redness and it is all bumpy but the bumps are under the surface of my skin, I have red blotchy patches, my skin is itchy like a mofo (I have scabs on my face from scratching, I seriously cant help myself!)! Thought this would be somewhat okay as I have sensitive combo skin, but my skin has been up to no good since using this. A shame since it is so cheap $7/ 250mls. The feeling is somewhat cheap kind of feels like I'm rubbing Vaseline lotion on my face or something. I guess I will try using this as a body moisturizer since I can't find the receipt to return this. Will make sure to update if I realize it is something else, but through the process of elimination I'm pretty sure its this stuff though. And the quest for a decent facial moisturizer continues. UPDATE: I went back to basics with my regime and stopped using this. I used this a few times last week and clogged my pores and I began to see the same problems forming again. This stuff will never go near my face again!

on 3/16/2008 3:52:00 PM

Very basic and didn't cause any irritation or breakouts. I have a very sensitive acne prone skin and pea size is good enough to moisturize my entire face, I do spray LRP thermal spray after applying this otherwise it can get very greasy. Hence 4 lippies. I feel odd applying my body lotion to face but it works just fine, cheapie and lasts like forever. =)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I have been using it for 8+ years. Everyone in my family uses this now also. What I love about it is it doesn't clog up your pores, you can use it even if you have acne, and it's a great moisturizer when your face is flipping out from acne treatments. I put this moisturizer on daily under my sunscreen and makeup and it doesn't make me overly oil or cause piling. It is safe enough to put around the delicate eye area, I almost think I could ingest it. Both my brothers use this in addition to their acne treatments. One brother used this when his face was drying out from Acutaine. It definitely helped. Also, the large pump bottle lasts forever! I have had mine for years. I decant it into little bottles to take with me when I travel. Lastly, it is scent-free.

on 3/8/2008 10:45:00 AM

I really wanted to like this moisturizer because of the low price and pump container. My sister uses it and loves it. It was just too heavy for my skin. After washing I applied and it never really absorbed. I felt that I was careful not to apply to much. It just sat on the surface feeling sticky and greasy. About an hour later I actually had to re-wash to remove and apply a different lotion.

on 3/8/2008 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying many high end to low end moisturisers, I thought I may as well give this a go. I have acne-prone skin and use Retin-A every night, and Cetaphil Lotion works well with my skin. It can feel a little greasy when it's first put on, but I find after half a minute it's absorbed. It hasn't aggravated any acne at all and is also good to use in place of a primer before putting on foundation. The product is very cheap too, especially for the amount you get in the bottle though I'm still deciding if I'd want to re-purchase or try something else.

on 3/7/2008 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used a good many bottles of this along with its cleanser. I prefer the pump bottle as it allows easier dispensing when I use it.
I love how it does not irritate my oily acne-prone skin and provides adequate moisture to my dry spots without leaving my face shinny.
I can find no wrong with Cetaphil. Their barrier cream is also fantastic and it is the only hand cream I use.

on 2/29/2008 11:51:00 PM

Feels clean and soft on the skin, but leaves you feeling a little greasy too. Good for someone with acne-prone skin who has to use a lot of drying products too.

on 2/25/2008 4:55:00 PM

I've been using this Cetaphil Lotion daily for the past 2 months and it has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I was using Cerave(which is wonderful too) prior to trying Cetaphil again, but my derm insisted I use the Cetaphil instead of the Cerave...dont ask why??? Anyways, I was hesitant to try the Cetaphil Lotion again b/c it had left me so greasy in the past, but for some reason it's been working wonders lately MINUS the grease. I used to have fairly oily skin, but for the past year or so, it has become more and more dry. I'm assuming my topical acne treatments have a lot to do w/that. This Cetaphil Lotion has a nice lighter consistency (not as light as your average everyday moisturizer), but moisturizes like crazy and NEVER irritates my skin or breaks me out. It works great under makeup and the moisturization lasts ALL day. I would rec it to anyone w/dry sensitive skin, but if you have oily skin, you may just want to steer clear of this one b/c it can get greasy. This stuff is a lifesaver and I plan on purchasing it for years to come!!!

Popular Moisturizers