Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 3/3/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Super moisturizing, perfect for sensitive skin, doesn't irritate, and if you have eczema, it's great for calming inflammation.

Ok just to make sure... the product I'm reviewing is "Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion - Fragrance Free with colloidal oatmeal".

Lets also get this out of the way... I'm a straight guy (zomg, no waaay!?). I wanted a lotion I could use on my face (men need lotion too especially after a shower... I hate dry facial skin). So I researched the internets for hours. I wanted the best of the best!

This is it folks. There is absolutely no smell to this lotion, it is not greasy, and it does its job. Not to mention it just about has the LOWEST hazard score on http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product.php?prod_id=97802

Try and find a lotion with a lower hazard rating on that site that's fragrance free and works as well as this... don't waste to much time.

Don't be a noob, let this man beast let you know what's really good.

on 2/22/2008 2:07:00 AM

This product was recommended to me after getting a tattoo. The tattoo artist told me the oatmeal would really help to heal my skin. He was right and I haven't used anything else since. It really does help my Michigan-winter dry skin and it does so quickly. It also doesn't have a fragrance, which I really like, and the price can't be beat.

on 2/17/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite body lotion so far! It goes on the skin really smoothly and absorbs quickly. The moisture lasts all day! My mom said the lotion smells weird (because there's no artificial fragrance added) but I don't care about its smell. It works really well!

on 2/16/2008 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin but in the winter my legs are extremely dry. Nothing works except this. I originally purchased for my infant daoughter who has dry sensitive skin. It works great on our entire family. It is nice to only have to buy one lotion that works for all of us. I have to admit that the smell is less than pleasing but it is tolerable. It lasts longer than 24 hours as I feel that I have to "wash it off" in the shower every day, a bit concerning, but nothing else has ever worked this well for my dry legs.

on 2/12/2008 5:57:00 PM

I have very dry skin in winter and oily, sensitive skin in warm summerer. My dermatologist recommended Aveeno to me when I was a teenager and I've been using it since (I'm 27 now). It's not greasy, it lasts a long time, and I think the smell is fine too. I can even use it on my face in winter without any breakouts. If you're looking for a reliable daily lotion, even for sensitive skin, try it!

on 1/31/2008 9:02:00 AM

Excellent product. Every winter, no matter what I use, my legs from the knees down get very dry and itchy, to the point they can bleed when I scratch. No amount of moisturizer or even drinking gallons of water seems to help. I have now been using this for a week after reading all the good reviews (I RAN out to buy it) and it lives up to the hype. Using it only once a day before bed, there's been no itching, no flakes, no dryness. It's the best thing EVER. It soaks right in and doesn't stay greasy. And it really does seem to moisturize for 24 hours. Even if I use it for nothing else (which isn't likely, now that I know how great it is) it is totally worth the money. The scent may not thrill me, but it's mild, and since it's not around my face, I can deal. Will not only repurchase, but will make sure there's always a backup around as well.

on 1/30/2008 10:26:00 AM

excellent moisturizer with slight sheen, recommend trying this product

on 1/28/2008 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had previously used Neutrogena Norwegian Formula lotion, but since I could no longer find it, I decided to go back to good old Aveeno. I used this in the past, and was pleased with it.
It seems like basic lotion- fragrance free (which I find to be a good thing), with a slightly thicker consistency than most generic lotions. But I find this to be more effective than most lotions I've tried. I put this up there with Norwegian formula, but I like it a bit better because it does not feel as waxy.

My skin (especially legs and elbows) tends to dry out, unless I use a good lotion daily. I've started using this the past few days, and my skin feels very soft and healthy. I do not find the need to reapply all the time, it really sinks in and lasts. But my skin feels smooth and soft- the Norwegian formula, although it did hydrate my skin, made it feel kind of waxy. Overall, I am pleased with this lotion, and will definitely stick with it.

UPDATE: This is the PERFECT lotion for dry, scaly skin. My skin (especially legs) was so dry and this hydrated it like no other. My skin is in MUCH better shape since using this regularly. This is one of the few lotions out there that actually does what it claims, and exceeds expectations. My skin was ashy before, but now it just glows. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I don't think I could survive without this lotion. I use to have eczema and other than a cortisone lotion this is the only thing that helped me. It isn't some fruity girly peachy/pink product; it smells a little strange (but you'll get use to it...you might even begin to like it after a while). But it work so well. you can use it everywhere but it doest have SPF so don't forget your sunblock/sunscreen when going out.

It isn't greasy and absorbs into the skin quite quickly so you can put it on and then go out and not feel oily.

They give you a lot of product and the price is great. If you're looking to try a new lotion I totally recommend Aveeno.