MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque

4.2

on 3/22/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was disappointed. This product was supposed to be a great base product, but it's a bit tricky to apply and the result was pretty uneven and flaky. Besides it didn't last all day but started to crease after a couple of hours. Also the color is a bit too orange for me. I noticed that you really need to close the pot properly or it totally dries out, as mine did after a couple of months.

This is a go to product for lazy people!
If you don't have time to do your detailed makeup just smudge a bit of this on your eyelids.

Blend a little with Buck or Smog from the Naked Palette on the crease area, add some mascara and a bit of smudged eyeliner and you're done!

Good staying power, and comes in a cute little glass jar pot. It also lasts you a long time (I've used it for three weeks now and I haven't even made a dent).
Definitely worth a try, guys :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am an NW20 in MAC and this is my go-to eyeshadow for every day! I apply it using my fingers and just wear it on its own, but it also works great as a base for other colours. This is the only shadow that can last all day on my oily eyelids without creasing, which is a huge feat unto itself. Only apply a light layer - putting on too much of this can look too orange. I bought mine over a year ago and there is still a good amount left, so this stuff lasts a long time. When I finally do run out, I will definitely repurchase this great product!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a 50/50 product for me because i like it and i dont like it....it goes on patchy but i love the stayingpower and the sunkissed peach color.

on 2/4/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

the color is really pretty..it a peachy color with gold shimmers. its a nice product to wear alone or as a base. However, i do find that it makes my lids oily after wearing for about 4-5 hours. I don;t think thats quit bad and to b fair my lids are quite oily to begin with...
I do recommend this and I think its quite worth the 17.50 that i spent on it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful colour! You can apply this as a base under eyeshadow for a bold intensity underneath or on it's own for a quick wash of colour. The shade is a gold shimmer with a tinge of pink. In consistency, it is a smooth and blendable product, it may appear stiff in the pot but it doesn't crease lids. And it lasts all day, and the product itself will last years because there is so much of it in the pot! I brought this because I was so impressed with Bare Study paint pot, which I use everyday and Rubenesque definitely matches up to the quality of that. I could not recommend this enough, Rubenesque is so beautiful and glamorous for day or night.

on 1/20/2012 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The first paintpot I have ever purchased and i love it!! I use this paintpot every day as it makes me look more awake and brightens my eyes. Rubenesque is a goldish/pink and looks great on my skintone which is nc35-40. I simply add mascara and i am ready to go. It doesnt budge once it is on and doesnt come off till you take it off so its great, I would definetly repurchase and would recommend to people like me who just dont have the time to spend ages on trying to look good.

on 11/30/2011 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Looks gorgeous on the pot. I would say this is the trickiest paint pot for me to use. This little guy looks like orangey shimmer on my eye. If I layer shadow over it, it gives the shadow a bit of oomph. I like my paint pots to be able to stand alone, and look great even without any eyeshadow on top, and this one just takes too much work to make it look great.

on 11/15/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is a lot more sheer consistency than their other paint pots. It goes on sheer with some gold shimmer. It's really pretty and helps shadow adhere. I just wish it was a little more pigmented. However, its good to use as a highlighter for medium skin to darker skin

on 11/4/2011 4:24:00 PM

I love this paint pot. I prefer my paint pots to have some color or something extra to them rather than a plain base (aka Painterly), but that's just personal preference. It's a beautiful, unique color that really is great as a base for other eyeshadows or as a simple all over color, which is what I usually do for a quick and easy, cute eye look in the summer. Definite must get!!

Top Rated MAC Products