MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 2/3/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I am on my 5th or 6th box and I guess I will just keep using this stuff for the rest of my life. It is really good, provides a medium coverage, looks natural like you dont have anything on your skin, blends perfectly with my skin tone and does not make my skin oily at the same time making my skin look poreless. Now only if I didnt have acne scar this would be only thing I would need in my makeup routine.

I have given it 2 for packaging, cause there seems to be product left between the rings that you have in the case which is hard to get to and gets wasted.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say I am for sure now that I am NOT a mac girl I will just stick to blushes, and shadows.
This powder broke me out like crazy! All over I am in to my second week of treatment and no makeup to heal it it also made my creases like laugh lines more noticeble. It is going back to mac!

on 1/25/2012 12:51:00 AM

I don't think this product is a must have for me, however, i'm not sure i've got the right shade, i use it to contour so maybe i should have got the medium deep, however, it goes on lovely, it sets foundation perfectly and gives you a healthy glow. actually, now i think of it, all in all it's a great product as it does exactly what it says it will do and me picking the wrong shade isn't the products fault but my own, i'll definitley but it again as it's not too expensive and i love all my other mac products, they always do exactly what they say without being extortionate like chanel!

on 1/9/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my number one beauty product. I have been using this for about a year now and I will never go back to any other powder. The great thing about it for me is that I can wear the same color all year round. (medium dark) I don't know why, but it blends perfectly with my dark tan skin during the summer, and my light flushed skin during other seasons. Another good thing is that I can wear it over ANY foundation and it makes it look beautiful. I can also just wear it alone (with a little concealer under my eyes) and my skin looks perfect and natural. It covers acne and acne scars. The price is a little high but I am willing to pay it for this wonderful product.

on 1/3/2012 9:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The reason why I love this product is because of the color, I'm an nc37/40 naturally tan but my face is naturally really red while the rest of my body has olive undertones. I like how this evens out my skin tone and looks very natural. I am having issues with the packaging, the compact sucks. No mirror, no compartment for the applicator and after multiple uses the powder gets hard and its difficult to pick up any color. I still adore this powder and I will repurchase.

on 12/23/2011 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this to set my SFF and it does a good job doing that. I could never wear this alone though, I have redness in my skin and this is too sheer. When I swirl my brush around it, some powder tends to scatter, but I guess thats normal. I love the natural finish although it does nothing for oil.

on 12/14/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Once again I'm reading these reviews and it honestly makes me laugh a little. Make up is NOT magic. It is just for enhancing purposes. People expect way too much out of products that can only do so much. Everyone has different skin and the way I see it, your make up will only look as good as you want it to be if your skin is taken care of. You cannot expect ONE powder product to magically make you look flawless. I am a make up artist. I know what products work best for each person I am working with. This powder is incredibly for a drier skin type...not so much oily. It is a mineral powder so it is NOT powdery looking it is very silky and hydrating to the skin. It is buildable so you can keep building it for added coverage. I just use it on top of my foundation to set it. It is great by itself on top of moisturizer and primer. I love this product and will always use it. The best powder for a normal-dry skin type.

on 11/27/2011 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I expected the wrong thing from this product. I wanted a powder to seal in my foundation but I also wanted a powder I could wear over a tinted moisturizer for days when I didn't want to wear heavy makeup. It's a bit too sheer for me. However it's very fine and gives a smooth finish. There are also bits of glitter which I find are a teensy bit too chunky (I have an old pot of L'Oreal Translucide which gives a finer, smoother finish). I wanted to escape the mess of a loose powder but although MSFN is great over makeup I can't use it any other way which is a negative for me because for that money I want it to work in lots of ways for me.

Also, I've been using it for a week now and have two hard pimples on my cheek :/ I'm bummed because I'd heard so many good things!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

When I was NW20/15 in the summer, I used this as a contour and bronzer. I liked how buildable it was, and easy to manipulate. However, now that it is late in the year and I am NW10, it is too dark and orange for my skin. BuhBye MSFN!

Edit: Tried using as a contour powder again. Got alot of feedback that it is just far too orange for my skin tone.

Goes on nicely with an even, natural finish.
I have combination skin that's prone to an oily t zone throughout the day. This product wont keep you oil free all day (is there a powder out there that does on an oily skin?) but because it looks natural you can happily touch up when needed and not look like a horrendous, cakey monster.
Its a bit expensive in my opinion, but I like the consistency and colour..so Ill keep buying it for now.