St. Ives Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl, Glycol Stearate, Juglans Regia Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract (Apricot), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria), Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Arginine, Ascorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Glycolic Acid, Jojoba Esters, Niacinamide, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 4/29/2009 2:17:00 PM

It made my jaw breakout in whiteheads! Waste of my money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

~I picked this up at my local liquidation store for $1.99.....I use to use the original apricot scrub, but I found it to harsh- even every few days which was odd because my skin is not sensitive. I decided to try this and I love it! the tiny granules are not as harsh as the original and this can be used almost everyday, & it has a mild dose of Alpha Hydroxy acid, like my Nuetrogena healthy skin lotion which is great since Alpha Hydroxy improves the skin......I don't any difference right away after using this but I find it does make my foundation apply more smoothly and more luminous....I'm really happy with this~

I picked up the scrub for about three dollars at Wal-Mart while updating my skin routine. I was looking for this good ole staple but ended up trying this formula from St. Ives. I use this about every two or three days and occasionally I use it on my legs just because I find other scrubs to be too harsh. It's gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I don't notice a glow but my skin feels so soft and smooth after wards. I notice a huge difference in my make up when my skin is exfoliated. I'm quite pleased with this new formulation. I'd definitely recommend this to others!

on 3/20/2009 2:03:00 PM

I meant to get the one for clearing up acne but accidently got this. I still used it and loved it as a daily exfoliator. My complaint is that after a couple weeks it smelled really bad, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I got it from a bad batch but it was so terrible I threw it out. It worked very well though and I'm going to try the other one that I meant to and hopefully have a better experience.

on 3/4/2009 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I used to get one or two grotesque pimples like maybe every other week, Since using this I have probably had one, and its probably been like 2 months. And its pretty small.. and I have midterms and didn't shower or makeup remove for a night, which is probably the cause. Anyway its got little micro scrubbers like but they are few and far between, which makes it not half as painful as using original apricot scrub. And its cheap as hell. Wicked Awesome.

on 3/4/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'v tried many face products throughout my 20's (now 28) to get that healthy glow for my combination skin. Last year I spent a little more to buy the new Vichy product facial cleanser but it made my face breakout. After that, I decided to go back to something natural, St. Ives Apricot scrub. I saw an array of new St. Ives products and picked up the 'Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub'. My review on this is great because almost instantly my face seemed soft and smooth all over and it truly left a glow all-round. I've noticed a difference in redness as well. I use this product daily but do not scrub very hard. I follow with a light moisturizer. Great buy, great price and a company that's been around a long time but is never in your face - no pun intended.

on 1/23/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Great, cheap, and very gentle scrub that can be used for everyday. great for people like me who have congestion in the t-zone. makes my skin glow

This is not meant to exfoliate really so there are only a few granules of whatever in there. It smells okay and has never done me wrong. keeps dry skin away but doesn't dry me out or cause pain like "invigorating" face scrub.

on 10/30/2008 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got the Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub thinking it would make a good mask/ scrub. Please don't leave this on your face for an extended period of time! I left it on while I showered (about 15 minutes), and when I got out my face had little blister burns all over it! It took weeks for the chemical burns to go away. I use it now (put it on, and take it right off) and it really doesn't seem to work for me. It seems too creamy, and the scrubbing beads don't seem to remove anything. I do better exfoliating with a washcloth than with this stuff. I love the original formula or the medicated formula, but this stuff is just not for me!

When I use this, I get out of the shower to red, flaky, dry skin and pimples...I think I've just convinced myself not to use this anymore, and to give something less harsh a try!

on 10/14/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

so, i moved to the desert and my skin started flaking, peeling, and i started to get clogged pores on and on the sides of my nose, on my forehead, and patchiness on my cheeks.

one use of this product got rid of all the flaking. i'd been looking for a product that did what this product does (i can't seem to find my old stand-by, Freeman's Grapefruit Sugar Scrub anywhere anymore :(). this has even outperformed Adrien Arpel's Vitamin C dead skin cell remover, which i paid 8 times as much for.

Popular Scrubs