Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap

4.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Lavandin Extract, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol

on 6/20/2011 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect lavender scent, super concentrated so I don't need much at all to clean my whole body (one nickel-sized squirt onto a washcloth is plenty).

on 6/4/2011 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this-a 32 oz bottle lasts a really long time as it's very concentrated. It's a good lavender, not cloying or head-achy. I use this on a microfiber washcloth, or just in my hands, or mixed with baking soda to wash my face. I really love it! I love that so little soap produces so much lather! Rinses clean.

on 6/4/2011 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I use this for cleaning my makeup brushes and for that, it's wonderful. Before I started using Dr. Bronner's, I was using baby wash. When I initially read about the reviews I was a little worried about the bristles on my brushes becoming stiff or dried out, but I haven't experienced anything like that. So no worries in that department.

Before using this, I never felt like my brushes actually got a true deep cleaning when I washed them. Now they're left spotless and look pretty much brand new after each wash. The true test, though, was on my MAC 187, which I found to be a very difficult brush to get back in its original form/color when I was using baby wash. When I use Dr. Bronner's, there's no doubt that it will come out super clean and with no trace of makeup lingering on it.

(FYI: the lavender scent is very strong, but it fades)

on 4/6/2011 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use it for just about everything in my house. It works fabulously as a dishwashing liquid, both in an out of the dishwasher (It makes the entire house smell amazing when the steam comes out!), a brush cleanser, a pet cleanser (my dogs and guinea pig smell AMAZING after I use this on them!). I also use this as a scented bath and it makes the whole bathroom smell great. It's really nice as a facial cleanser as well. I have to admit, it burns my eyes like crazy if I even get it near them and it doesn't remove eye makeup very well, but it's still a nice cleanser.

on 3/21/2011 11:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff. Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps are all natural, come in a variety of scents, and are so versatile. Lavender is my particular favorite- such a relaxing, heavenly scent. It's perfect for using in a bath...I add a bit to a running bath, and let the lavendar aroma lift the day's stress away. I have used this as a body wash as well- just make sure to dilute with water, as a little goes a long way. It can also be used as a face wash- i do not generally use it for that purpose, but have when I ran out of my regular face wash. Again, diluting is the key, otherwise, this stuff is very strong and concentrated, especially for use on the face. I have even used this to clean the toilet bowl, and it works surprisingly well. I do not do that regularly, as a bottle of this stuff is not too cheap, so I keep it on hand for use as a soap or bubble bath. As another reviewer mentioned, this can also be used to clean makeup brushes- it effectively gets rid of all traces of makeup without damaging bristles. I have also read that this can be used to hand wash clothing. There are plenty of uses for Dr. Bronner's soaps. They are not too cheap, but you do get quite a bit of product in the larger bottle, and a little goes a long way so it lasts some time. They can be found in major drugstores, and even Target. It's a staple, especially for those who prefer to use all or mostly natural beauty products.

on 2/15/2011 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I had a MAC loose shimmer powder explosion in my main makeup bag a few months ago, and it coated ALL my most used products in a layer of gold. Including my brushes, my foundation- pretty much everything I use most often. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked.
I saw the reviews for this and picked up a bottle last night, and I'm amazed at how clean everything is. I just dumped everything in the sink after making sure it was all tightly screwed shut, poured a few drops of this stuff on it and washed each item individually under the tap. It took me half an hour to get EVERYTHING clean- even the stuff I was ready to trash, like my tiny individual pots of MAC eyeshadow and lipsticks, because until now I couldn't touch them without getting my hands and clothes covered in shimmer. Managed to rescue the pot of shimmer that had gotten loose and caused all this mess and the makeup case too- didn't have to throw anything away. Amazing! After I was done with cleaning my makeup stuff, I used a couple of drops on a kitchen towel and now my bathroom counter is sparkling as well. It only took a few drops to do all of that.
I wouldn't use this on my body because it feels a little too concentrated for my taste, but I love it for my brushes, and for my countertop as well.

on 2/3/2011 11:23:00 AM

A great bath and shower gel that I will use over and over. Dilute as it is very concentrated. Use a drop at a time and it will last forever. It is more expensive than "regular" soaps? Perhaps, but if you add water it comes out to be cheaper because you use so little of the product. Smells wonderful in the bath without being overpowering. Is the label ranting crazy? Yes! But it gives you something to read in the bath. Was Dr. B nuts? Yup! But he makes the best soap ever. I am a convert!

on 1/20/2011 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

*changing my rating from 5 to a 3 because I can't stand the lavender scent anymore; the smell lingers on my dry brushes. Also, I have been having trouble getting dry foundation off my brushes lately, even after several washes in a row.

original review:
I dunno how i lived without this stuff! It makes cleaning my makeup brushes such a breeze! Before Iwould rinse and rinse and would still have bits of foundation stuck between bristles, but this stuff gets pretty much everything out. It's also super cheap considering I only use a drop or two per brush. I've been using a big bottle for the past 4 months and I'm not even close to being 1/4 of the way done.

I have been using this for a few months now for cleaning my makeup brushes, Sonia Kashuk beauty sponge (the Beauty Blender dupe; also known as the SK peep) and face towels and it is simply fantastic. Compared to other cleansers, it does the best job at cleaning my SK peep. Other than that, it removes every last trace of makeup, even very stubborn cremes, liquids and waterproof stuff but doesn't dry out the bristles. I have used the peppermint version of this soap but I find that this builds up a better lather, cleans more thoroughly and doesn't require as much with each use. Some balk at the price but I think it's quite reasonable considering how much product you are getting. I have tried using it to clean my face but it tends to make my skin feel tight and I have better products for face cleansing. Packaging-wise - I wish it came with a pump as it is a big bottle and pouring it out is a bit of a pain. I do have the trial-size bottle which is what I use full time and refill when it gets low. But I give it a good 5 stars because I really, really love using it to clean my tools.

on 1/3/2011 10:49:00 PM

I use this to take my make-up off before using my regular cleanser, as well as to clean my brushes. It's fabulous. It takes absolutely everything off of my skin and leaves no residue behind. I can see how it would be drying for some people as my pores feel tighter than usual after I use it, but I haven't had a problem with it. Also, I have acne, and I have noticed that my skin is much clearer since I started using it (I am assuming that this is because it takes my make-up off better than anything else I've tried, so my cleanser can actually reach my skin and do its job). The fact that it's vegan on top of everything else makes it an HG product for me. I will buy this again and again.

Popular Body Skincare Products