Glysomed

4.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glucose, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel extract), Alcohol Denatured, Rosa Canina Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Lactate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Glyceryl Stearate, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 1/27/2010 9:53:00 PM

Love love love. I found about 5 sample sized tubes sitting in a drawer one night and decided to try it out and see if it would help my cuticles sort themselves (they'd been dry and cracking due to winter weather). Works like a dream! You really have to work to get this stuff moving, sometimes it actually tires out my hands, but once it warms up it absorbs into your skin SO fast. No greasy feeling, and the moisture actually lasts!

The scent is barely noticeable, the tube is nothing special but handy nonetheless. Better than any drugstore hand creme you can find (I think I've tried them all).

Definitely a re-purchase!

on 1/15/2010 7:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Glysomed (unscented) is my favourite hand cream. My skin get so rough and dry in the winter, but this stuff really soothes and moisturizes. I have issues with regular hand creams because in order to fix my dry hands, I generally need the heavier creams, which then get all over my clothes or bed sheets, and I feel like I can't touch anything until it all soaks in. The silicone --- or glycerine? --- in the Glysomed, however, seems to form a barrier that keeps the cream on my skin and not on everything else. This is one of the best products on my shelves!

on 1/10/2010 5:07:00 PM

The one I'm reviewing is the one that comes in the tub. My mom bought this for my dad because he works with his hands a lot and they tend to get extremely cracked and dry especially in the winter months. I love the Glysomed that comes in the tube so I suggested she buy him Glysomed. She bought the one in the tub, not knowing the difference. I use it sometimes and find it to be a tad on the greasy side (and no I don't slather it on), which sucks when trying to screw the cap back on because it ends up slipping and sliding. It doesn't really keep my skin moisturized for as long as I'd like, but it does get the job done. I find Aveeno to be the best, it keeps my skin moisturized for 24 hours, like it promises.

Mine is unscented hand lotion in the squeeze tube.
Absorbs fairly fast for a deep hydrating lotion. Best used at night. Works well on feet after a pedicure.
Very cheap, and for $10cdn at costco you can get two 250ml tubes. What a steal. Love love love. Staple for the winter.

on 12/10/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm reviewing the unscented hand cream. (They also make scented versions of the hand cream and body lotion but I haven't tried them.) This is probably the best product of its type that I've ever tried. It is odorless, absorbs fairly quickly and works very well. I have a tube next to every sink in the house, plus one in my purse. Very inexpensive.

on 12/1/2009 4:41:00 PM

Glysomed Unscented handcream is absolutely, without a doubt, the best handcream I've ever used! I recommend it to everyone, and so many people return to me thanking me for telling them about it.

If you get winter dry skin, this will heal and protect like no other. I slather it on at night. No more cracked cuticles around my thumbs anymore! Those are a nightmare.

You need to use only a little. The warmth of your hands melts and softens the cream. It is so smoothing and healing.

I can't say enough about this product! The best, IMO~

I prefer the unscented, but that's my choice.

No fancy packaging, plain squeeze tube that works.

on 12/1/2009 4:20:00 PM

I have the Hand Cream and it's really good. Moisturizes really well and goes on smoothly. It also comes in a fragrance-free version. Both are great! The smell of the original isn't bad either.

on 11/29/2009 11:41:00 AM

I love Glysomed's hand cream, it's very moisturizing and great for the winter months. It can be too greasy so a little goes a long way. A definite must have.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff moisturizes soo extremely well but the smell of it makes me nauseous. So therefore I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/12/2009 3:54:00 AM

I bought this product at the local drugstore because i had forgotten my bath and body work's bottle at home. Since then I've keep a bottle with me at all times, I have one in each purse/bag and at the office. I've spent money on expensive lotion and even the vaseline brands but i love how it goes on, although slightly sticky, almost instantly smoothes out. There's no fragrance which is also another plus.