DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 5/7/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing cleanser! I'm on my 12th bottle and I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. I use it on dry skin in the evening and just gently rub in with my fingertips for 30 seconds. Then rinse with lukewarm water. It removes all my makeup including my waterproof gel liner (Bobbi Brown - LOVE). I follow it with Jan Marini Benzoyl 2.5% wash. I have acne prone, oily, combo skin which breaks out with almost any product. This has really been great for my skin. One bottle usually lasts me around 2 months. I stock up for the year when they have a sale. They also have travel sizes and generous samples.

on 4/28/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Very effective at removing every trace of makeup. Cleanse off very easily with water too. But I got whiteheads using this. I try to double cleanse by adding a mild scrub after using the oil, but still broke me out. Won't recommend this for fine skin.

I've been using the deep cleansing oil for a year now and I love this stuff! Melts my makeup right off!!!! #1!!!

on 4/25/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't been using the Oil Cleansing Method for very long, but this product makes cleaning my face so easy. I wear Missha BB Cream as a foundation and most cleaners aren't able to get it all off. This cleansing oil does the trick though. It takes off all of my foundation and all of my make up so that I can cleanse my face afterwards. I rub a small amount on dry palms then proceed to massage my face and viola! - makeup, including water proof and stubborn products, are gone.

on 4/20/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Good oil cleanser. Instructions are to apply to dry face and then rinse off. I've been dealing with dryness caused by a somewhat extreme skin regimen and I find this cleanser gentle enough to take off my makeup without irritating my dry skin. Note that it does not remove my eye makeup, but I don't expect it to because I wear waterproof mascara and gel liner. I use a specific eye makeup remover for that area which serves me well.

I've also tried the Boscia oil cleanser and a generic Muji oil cleanser both of which were inferior to the DHC one. I bought mine from their American website when I ran out of the little bottle I purchased in Japan.

on 4/16/2014 8:59:00 PM

I'm lazy, I'm inconsistent and I'm rather meh with my skincare routine, main reason being that I have fairly normal-combo skin to begin with and also because I can't be bothered. After using this product in its entirety (my first "empty" cleanser) I have to say that this is my HG cleanser...so far (I'm currently trying the Bioderma Sensiobio H20). It felt a little weird at first because it feels very oily (duh its cleaning OIL) but once I rinsed it off like 3-4 times my skin felt as soft as a baby's pa-toot. Subsequent cleanses lead to the exact same result. No strange clinging film or tightness was felt, and works perfectly for low maintenance peeps like myself. I liked that even when I skipped a few days, this baby still kept my skin nice and smooth, even during the dry Canadian winters. This product did not break me out or cause any troubles to my skin during the entire time of using it. I am still trying to find my HG moisturizer, but I was applying Lancome's Absolue Premium for the most part and Yes to Cucumbers for night time. Honestly, sometimes I would go out without moisturizer and it'd still be fine. It took me a year to finish it and I pumped 1-2 times for my entire face.

on 3/27/2014 11:15:00 PM

Yikes!!! So, so, so awful! I got a sample of this as part of a DHC mini catalog that arrived in the mail. I was excited to try it because I had heard good things about it. It felt just like oil when rubbing it on, but seemed like it was rinsing off fairly well, and there was no real discernable smell to it. I used it at night and woke up to horrendous acne. I do get the occasional monthly pimple, but within eight hours this had caused my face to erupt in a slew of whiteheads and a couple of cystic bumps - even on places I never get acne like smack dab on the apple of my cheek. It also felt like I had plastic film adhered to my skin that was giving me a tight, itchy, greasy feel. I had to wash a couple of times in the morning to get rid of that feeling, and I've been nursing my skin back to some semblance of normal for the past week -and I'm not quite there yet. I know many people love this cleanser, but if you have skin that is even slightly acne-prone, I would tread very cautiously if trying this.

on 3/21/2014 9:38:00 PM

Amazing. Gets rid of all makeup and cleared my skin of acne. I have oily skin but it's nothing to be scared of for oily skin ppl!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this when I was in Seoul for a couple of weeks and saw it there in store for the first time. I heard so much about this product, that I had to give it a go.
To me it is reasonably priced (paid around 10 for 100ml) and I loved the way it emulsifies on your skin. It really gets off all my makeup, even heavy mascara, although I have to agree that it leaves your vision blurry for a few seconds but it does not hurt, and you look like a panda in the process of makeup removal.
The scent of olive oil is very soothing and nice in the evening.
There is only 1 thing I don't like about this product.
1. The Packaging is totally fine, when you stay at home, but when you wanna travel with it, it leaks everywhere, you can't really close the bottle again.

on 2/24/2014 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Skin looked great the next day, but suffered from breakouts (tiny red bumps under the skin) the day after that. Unsure if this was due to the DHC cleansing oil or Skin79 Super BB cream. Not purchasing again.